none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Who_is_Your_Daddy? said:
When I submitted the application I didn't due a medical for my wife, I just noted "will do when requested". Now they requested it (along with Appendix A, a Korean Entry and Exit Certificate, and 3 photos). So it seems to have been no problem waiting until requested.
I think it's hit and miss. Sometimes they request it later and sometimes they send your application back as incomplete. It probably depends on what side of the bed the VO got up on, the morning he opened your application.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
bartjones said:
I think it's hit and miss. Sometimes they request it later and sometimes they send your application back as incomplete. It probably depends on what side of the bed the VO got up on, the morning he opened your application.
Exactly! We are supposed to send a complete application. That's why we sent the first medical at the beginning. Obviously it should be at the end of the process but didn't want to send an incomplete application. It's an expensive process as it is. People should not have to pay for double anything due to the process lacking clarity. It makes me wonder how civil servants and gov. depts are operated. There comes a point when the process can cause undue hardship for people who followed the application process to a T.

The PR process needs to be overhauled. Its just a mess really. That's the truth.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Korea2Canada said:
Exactly! We are supposed to send a complete application. That's why we sent the first medical at the beginning. Obviously it should be at the end of the process but didn't want to send an incomplete application. It's an expensive process as it is. People should not have to pay for double anything due to the process lacking clarity. It makes me wonder how civil servants and gov. depts are operated. There comes a point when the process can cause undue hardship for people who followed the application process to a T.

The PR process needs to be overhauled. Its just a mess really. That's the truth.
Couldn't agree with you more. Although I can understand the delays with my wife's application due to her DUI conviction, your application was fine. That they can't process that kind of simple, straightforward application in less than a year is shameful.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Korea2Canada said:

I agree that something needs to be done.... like moving the office back to Seoul where it was taking a fraction of the time to process!! But I also think that the process is a mess now, because so many people were taking advantage of the system to get fake wives residency or citizenship. It should be obvious who needs to be investigated thoroughly, and who should be given there residency quickly. Unfortunately, they treat us all the same!

Jun 20, 2013
^^Yeah, it should be something like application from an OECD member state; here's a two page form. Application from the middle-east, here's a phone-book sized app.

Well good luck guys, we'll all get home eventually!

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
While we are on the topic of Med / Re-Meds, question for you all:

My quick summary:

applied outland, currently in Korea, leaving September regardless of outcome of P.R. application (applied in January this year, so chances are slim that we'll have it all ready anyways)

So that brings me to my question:

My wife will hang out with me on a tourist visa for 6 months starting in september (hopefully that will bring us to the 14 month-ish mark in processing, so we are banking on doing a Washington state border crossing and landing in that time frame - we will be in southern BC) if not, visa extension or just a visit back to Korea and back again to wait more)

Right my question:

1.) Can my wife do her re-meds IN Canada, if we got to a designated doctor on the 'list'? Like, she won't have to go back to Korea to do her re-med, right? (I think it should be obvious that as long as it's a designated doc, it doesn't matter, but who knows what's up with all the red tape) so just hoping for a confirmation here.

Thanks!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Marticus said:
1.) Can my wife do her re-meds IN Canada, if we got to a designated doctor on the 'list'? Like, she won't have to go back to Korea to do her re-med, right? (I think it should be obvious that as long as it's a designated doc, it doesn't matter, but who knows what's up with all the red tape) so just hoping for a confirmation here.
Yes, it just has to be a panel physician. My wife did her original medical in Korea and her re-medical in Canada.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Wife is about 6 weeks away before she needs to do a re-med.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
Hello guys
i want to know that after getting PR visa in korea we need transit visa if go though UK or USA,my country is not visa free country and i am not korean as well but living with my Canadian wife in South Korea.
also if i want to return before my PR card arrive in my home address in Canada is possible ?
reg

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Hello all,

For some reason, I am no longer able to log into the CIC website to check the status of my application. I have also tried to log in under my wife's name,but no luck that way either. Has anyone had a similar problem???

I just e-mailed Manilla about the problem, but I am not holding my breathe for a quick response. Is the only way to contact CIC through emailing Manilla or the 1-888 number? I am calling from Korea and that 1-888 number is only for calls from inside Canada. Any other numbers?

I just received a confirmation e-mail from Manilla. They might respond within the service standard of 28 days if they deem it to be worthy of a response! What a joke.....

Thanks guys!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Dunno. I logged in a couple hours ago without difficulty, but that system goes down from time to time. I'd try again later. Manila will probably not respond to your email. I don't think they have anything to do with the ECAS system.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
bartjones said:
Dunno. I logged in a couple hours ago without difficulty, but that system goes down from time to time. I'd try again later. Manila will probably not respond to your email. I don't think they have anything to do with the ECAS system.
Is there a number I can call from overseas to talk to someone? I haven't been able to log in for several weeks now.

I did receive an email from them today, but it was of no help and was just another form letter response.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
Red Tape Sucks said:
Hello all,

For some reason, I am no longer able to log into the CIC website to check the status of my application. I have also tried to log in under my wife's name,but no luck that way either. Has anyone had a similar problem???

I just e-mailed Manilla about the problem, but I am not holding my breathe for a quick response. Is the only way to contact CIC through emailing Manilla or the 1-888 number? I am calling from Korea and that 1-888 number is only for calls from inside Canada. Any other numbers?

I just received a confirmation e-mail from Manilla. They might respond within the service standard of 28 days if they deem it to be worthy of a response! What a joke.....

Thanks guys!
i hope you did not click hide your status when you going to check your application there is a option if you click then you can not check your e case.

reg

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
I got it sorted out. I was putting my full name in, not just my last name... ???

tpx1915

Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys! It's been a while.

My wife and I applied back in July of last year but have not received the visa yet. 3 weeks ago we flew to Canada and we are currently at my parents' place in Sudbury, Ontario. My wife is bored. Ha ha.

I figure I'll do quick write up of how the trip went and then I have a few questions at the bottom.

We flew from Seoul to Toronto with a stopover in Vancouver. We had our cat with us. Also, we had bought our tickets one-way on a Boxing Day event, so we were worried that there might be trouble at the airport. We were ready to purchase another ticket if they requested, but we didn't want to buy a ticket unless we had to because "fully refundable" tickets aren't always refundable.

So, we arrived at the airport in Incheon and got everything sorted with our cat. He didn't enjoy this process. Next, we went to the Air Canada desk to check-in. The woman working there was concerned that my wife didn't have a return ticket and was not a permanent resident of Canada. We showed her the correspondance we'd had with the CIC and that assuaged her fears. If we had not had that documentation, I think we may have been denied at Incheon.

The flight to Vancouver was fine but as many have mentioned the lines in Vancouver were long. My wife and I went through immigration in Vancouver and we explained our situation honestly and were careful not to say that my wife was going to be living in Canada. There was no problem and they told us that if she didn't receive her PR visa before the tourist visa expired that we would have to request an extension.

I should make it clear that I am not recommending you fly over without a return ticket, but we were able to do it with a one-way ticket. Your mileage may vary.

So, now we are in Canada and I'll soon begin the job search.

I have a few questions, but seeing as though we are now in Canada, I understand that you may not know the answers.

1. My wife and I were married in Korea and have a translation of our documents certified by a notary. Do we need to get married again in Ontario?

2. My wife would like to go by a different name in Canada. She wants to use her English "nickname" and my family name. How could we go about changing her name or is that not possible with a PR request in progress? I'm sure it's complicated and it's possible that no one on here will have a good answer.

Thanks again for all your help. If you have any specific questions about our travel from Seoul to Toronto with a one-way ticket, feel free to ask.

You guys rock.