Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
My wife pulled her criminal record check online after installing all that active x stuff.

Will they take this, or do we have to get it done in person?

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
If it's the same one they ask for on the CIC record check page, you print it in colour and it has the electronic red seal stamp near the bottom you should probably be OK.

My wife just got out of the police station with a fresh one in colour that certainly looks more 'original' than the original black and white one they gave her. The cops said it actually isn't considered an official document in Korea and don't stamp it by hand but it does have the electronic red seal near the bottom that looks like it's hand stamped. Hopefully that's all they want because that's all they give.

mikeyb

Oct 20, 2014
So, on the eve of sending everything in, and I realized something, we haven't done our medicals.

Somehow I was under the assumption it could be done later on in the process, but the Country Specific checklist indicates it should be sent in with the app.... Is it possible to wait on it and send it in a couple weeks later, (I was operating on the assumption that when completed, it was entered into a database that was acessed by CIC) or do you even get a paper for this saying it's done?

Also, going through the checklist on the country specific forms, I noticed there's a lot of stuff addressed to the Canadian High Commission, etc situated in Islamabad and Sri Lanka and such. Those are only applicable for those countries, and not Korea right?

Sorry, just getting stressed out now. Just when I thought we had everything together we hit this bump in the road.

Thanks.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mikeyb said:
So, on the eve of sending everything in, and I realized something, we haven't done our medicals.

Somehow I was under the assumption it could be done later on in the process, but the Country Specific checklist indicates it should be sent in with the app.... Is it possible to wait on it and send it in a couple weeks later, (I was operating on the assumption that when completed, it was entered into a database that was acessed by CIC) or do you even get a paper for this saying it's done?
You should send the medical receipt along with your initial application. This will prevent unnecessary delays in the future since the visa office won't need to contact you to request medical exam and then wait while you do it. Technically they could send the app back as incomplete for not doing it, but in reality lots of others have sent in the app with no medical and have been fine... they just do it on their own or when requested and send in an update to the visa office.

After doing medical you get a paper receipt from the doctor that links to your medical file, which can be accessed by any visa office. So perhaps you could just email this receipt number in a case-specific email to visa office, but I'm not entirely certain how others have done in the past.

You should call around to the panel physicians, and see if you can get an appointment within the next few days. I remember when my wife did it (in Toronto) we got a next-day appointment.

If you can't get a quick appointment and send in your app with no medical, then you may need to wait until your app is sent to Manila before you can send update. In CPC-Mississauga, you probably won't even get a UCI/file number to your PR app, until sponsor approval and app is forwarded to Manila.

Also, going through the checklist on the country specific forms, I noticed there's a lot of stuff addressed to the Canadian High Commission, etc situated in Islamabad and Sri Lanka and such. Those are only applicable for those countries, and not Korea right?
If it doesn't apply to Koreans, ignore it.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Does anyone know if the Notice of Assessment that can be downloaded from the CRA my account site can be used as the Option C document for sponsorship assessment, or do I have to get it direct from calling CRA?

I only ask because when I type in obtaining OPTION C CRA into google, the first link takes me to CRA with instructions about getting it from the my account on the CRA website.

Thanks!

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello!
I have looked around a lot on this forum but cant seem to find it (unless I missed it!)

Does anyone know where to get something notarized or certified in Korea? Can I go to a police station, district office, or lawyer?

Thank you!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used agency (YU HAK WON) they do translate and notarize government documents.
I called couple of different places for rate and they have all different.
They charge per page - from 10.000 t0 20.000 won
ex: translate and notarize family relation from 30.000 to 50.000 won.

It did not take long to translate and notarize- took half hr per page.
So I dropped off all my docs and picked them up next day , costed total little bit over 200.000won

Van Rooster

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
jalee5225: have a look here...might be safer to order one. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-you-get-an-option-c-printout-from-cra-online-t238920.0.html

NRSY: There's often translation/notary offices clustered around District Offices, I know the Jongro D.O. for sure.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Van Rooster said:
jalee5225: have a look here...might be safer to order one. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-you-get-an-option-c-printout-from-cra-online-t238920.0.html

NRSY: There's often translation/notary offices clustered around District Offices, I know the Jongro D.O. for sure.
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered one just in case.

Also, I've read that the government is now running a pilot program for those waiting for the PR status to get an open work permit. Does that apply to our spouses who applied as Outland applicants as well?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jalee5225 said:
Also, I've read that the government is now running a pilot program for those waiting for the PR status to get an open work permit. Does that apply to our spouses who applied as Outland applicants as well?
No, just inland applications.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Rob_TO said:
No, just inland applications.
argh that sucks.

This is my situation at the moment.

Just waiting on my Option C paper work before I submit to CIC, hopefully it arrive sometime next week. That being said, my wife is planning on flying back to Korea for a couple of weeks. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I am able to submit her PR documents to CIC before she leaves. I know we won't get a case number just yet until they even get a look at it.

Here's where it sort of gets tricky.

Her visitor visa expires May 6 or so. If she flies out for a couple weeks, 3 at the most, I can only assume they will issue her a new 6mo visa upon entry? Is there any way she can tell them she has an application in process, despite the fact that the documents probably won't have even been looked at? Or, should I apply (can I even apply?) for a visitor visa extension for her? The website notes that it should be at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the visa, but we are looking at just a couple weeks before hers expires.

The reason I ask is when she first came over, they puller her in for questioning and the whole bit. Luckily she had our marriage certificate and everything and was able to prove the reason for her arrival to Canada. I just want to avoid that again if possible as it was supremely stressful for me lol.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jalee5225 said:
Just waiting on my Option C paper work before I submit to CIC, hopefully it arrive sometime next week. That being said, my wife is planning on flying back to Korea for a couple of weeks. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I am able to submit her PR documents to CIC before she leaves. I know we won't get a case number just yet until they even get a look at it.

Here's where it sort of gets tricky.

Her visitor visa expires May 6 or so. If she flies out for a couple weeks, 3 at the most, I can only assume they will issue her a new 6mo visa upon entry? Is there any way she can tell them she has an application in process, despite the fact that the documents probably won't have even been looked at? Or, should I apply (can I even apply?) for a visitor visa extension for her? The website notes that it should be at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the visa, but we are looking at just a couple weeks before hers expires.

The reason I ask is when she first came over, they puller her in for questioning and the whole bit. Luckily she had our marriage certificate and everything and was able to prove the reason for her arrival to Canada. I just want to avoid that again if possible as it was supremely stressful for me lol.
Koreans are visa-exempt to Canada, hence there is no such thing as a visitor "visa" for a Korean. They get visitor "status" upon entering Canada.

If she is planning on leaving Canada in a couple weeks, there is no point in applying for a visitor status extension. Her current visitor status, as well as any extension applications in progress, are immediately cancelled the second she leaves Canada. She would basically be applying for a brand new status upon her next re-entry to Canada. Even if someone enters Canada with 6-months status, if they leave the next day all that is gone.

Yes definitely bring proof of the PR app in progress. I would carry the receipt for paying the processing fee, and the confirmation of delivery at CPC-M from the courier you use. CBSA is usually very easy on visitors who have a PR app in progress, and just want to wait out the processing time in Canada.

mikeyb

Oct 20, 2014
Rob_TO said:
Koreans are visa-exempt to Canada, hence there is no such thing as a visitor "visa" for a Korean. They get visitor "status" upon entering Canada.

If she is planning on leaving Canada in a couple weeks, there is no point in applying for a visitor status extension. Her current visitor status, as well as any extension applications in progress, are immediately cancelled the second she leaves Canada. She would basically be applying for a brand new status upon her next re-entry to Canada. Even if someone enters Canada with 6-months status, if they leave the next day all that is gone.

Yes definitely bring proof of the PR app in progress. I would carry the receipt for paying the processing fee, and the confirmation of delivery at CPC-M from the courier you use. CBSA is usually very easy on visitors who have a PR app in progress, and just want to wait out the processing time in Canada.
Thanks for clearing that up. I had this exact question too.Thanks for all your help Rob, you and others have been a tremendous resource through all of this.

steveohan

Dec 3, 2014
A question for those who have already gone through the process. Does the Manila VO send out AOR2 notification?

We received a SA email in late mid-March, and just wondering if they'll send another email when our docs arrive in Manila.

Thanks!

wonnie

Mar 31, 2015
steveohan said:
A question for those who have already gone through the process. Does the Manila VO send out AOR2 notification?

We received a SA email in late mid-March, and just wondering if they'll send another email when our docs arrive in Manila.

Thanks!
I got AOR2 last week from Manila VO.