+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband while living in US- questions about proof of definite move

MarieAndre

Nov 14, 2016
Hello! It is my understanding that I can sponsor my husband for canadian residency while we are still living in the US. I understand that we just need to provide proof of moving there as soon as he's accepted- such as a job already lined up, or purchased property.

My husband is an aerospace engineer with 10 years experience, but his resumes are currently not getting us anywhere with quebec's aerospace companies. I fear it may be because they see he's american and would rather not deal with migrating him- skipping over his resume. If only we can write on his resume, "Wait! I don't need you to sponsor me, I just need a signed letter/proof that I will work for you once my canadian wife sponsors me!"

Anyway it's not working. Here are my 2 ideas I am hoping to get everyone's feedback on.

1-Signing a lease to rent an apartment as proof that we are moving there? It's no mortgage, we don't have that much money saved. any money currently in my savings is going into my next idea:

2- I plan on opening a business in Quebec. I work in the spa industry and I have enough experience to open my own. That being said, can I start the first steps to owning a business (buying the appropriate QC business licenses) while still living in the US, and then using those as our proof that we are definitely moving to canada once were legally allowed?

I feel that if my husband can just get Quebec contact information on his resumes, employers will start to consider him.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum. You'll get far more answers there.