Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
They don't need the original??

It is IMM 5406 Additional Family Information.

This would be absolutely awesome if it is possible!!
No, they don't need the original. Scanned copy will be fine.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Dead_man said:
Thank you so much for your help i lift home and she start crying
And beg me to come back i did and i tried to
Find a good solution but just after few weeks and every things
Start over again
Am living in newmarket a york region 40 min driving to toronto
I am working since i came here i can take care of my self
That's not a problem but she always said i'll send u back home
And now i really wanna go back home by my self bettre than she send me
I know one moroccan guy his wife worst than mine
I wanna know if she really can do that ?
My patient is over i start losing my mind
Please i want an answer

As others have told you before she CANNOT send you anywhere. You are now a Permanent Resident and you have every right to do whatever you want. You can stay in Canada if you want or you can go back home IF YOU want. Your wife has no say in your actions. PM me if you want to get in touch with other Moroccan's in the Toronto area, I have a lot of Moroccan friends there.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
rjessome said:
No, they don't need the original. Scanned copy will be fine.
Ok, going with a copy as you suggested :D He will fax it to me today and I will send the app back tomorrow. Praying this will be much quicker than last time!!

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Ok, going with a copy as you suggested :D He will fax it to me today and I will send the app back tomorrow. Praying this will be much quicker than last time!!
Wish u Good Luck !

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
What's up (Canadian /Moroccan) Couples !! Any Good News ?!......................... It Seems Quite over here lol

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
HayatElFadil said:
Thank you very much. Tickets are so expensive now for the end of the month, the cheapest is 1300$ to Edmonton.
HayatElFadil are you in Edmonton?

If your husband is looking for Moroccan people to meet, let me know. I am a Canadian born Moroccan, and my wife is Moroccan; we can introduce him to many other Moroccans here in Edmonton.

MsLynie

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
15-12-2010
stealth said:
HayatElFadil are you in Edmonton?

If your husband is looking for Moroccan people to meet, let me know. I am a Canadian born Moroccan, and my wife is Moroccan; we can introduce him to many other Moroccans here in Edmonton.
My husband is here in Edmonton!!! It'd be great if he can meet some moroccans here. He misses speaking his language. ;D

MsLynie

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
15-12-2010
stealth said:
Sent you a PM.
I received it and gave it to him. Thanks!!!!

My husband wants to drive here, in Edmonton, I'm wondering if he can drive with his moroccan license or does he have to apply for an international license? It won't take him long to get the alberta license, his goal is to get it by the end of this month, but for now would his moroccan license suffice?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
I was wondering the same thing. My husband has a Moroccan drivers license and he will be living in Ontario. How does that work? Is he permitted to drive here? For how long? Does he still need to go for his Ontario license?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Ontario, you can drive for 2 months on a foreign license. In AB for 3. He will need a drivers abstract from his homeland and along with that and his foreign license, he should be able to get through the graduated license system faster than if he was starting from scratch.

In both provinces they require 2 years experience to be allowed the advanced road test to get a full license. In AB, they will accept a license with anything less than 2 years as sufficient to take the basic road test and get a GDL license. In ON for 1-2 years, the basic road test would allow a G2 license but anything less than 1 year would just be subtracted from the one year needed in order to take the basic road test.

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
Salam !Good Morning everybody ...im hamza from casablanca and my wifey is from vancouver Bc.

i have two questions confusing me lately so if anyone has an idea please reply :

1-on ecas it says that rabat received my file on 18th march2011 and start processing it june14th. So from when should i calculate my processing time "11 months" from the day of the receipt 18 march or the day of process :14june Damn its 3 months difference .

2- my wifey visited me for a second time after we filled our application and she stayed for more than 25 days :we celebrated my birthday and we went to fes for a week and meet family freinds over there....so we have more than 150 pics from her second trip after the application was sent .. so is it a good step to inform rabat about it providing a lot of pics and her passport boarding stamps and also her freinds in canada are ready to write letters to support our case and my freinds and family are ready too.

Don't hesitate please for ur advice .Thank u in advance :)

MsLynie

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
15-12-2010
Leon said:
In Ontario, you can drive for 2 months on a foreign license. In AB for 3. He will need a drivers abstract from his homeland and along with that and his foreign license, he should be able to get through the graduated license system faster than if he was starting from scratch.

In both provinces they require 2 years experience to be allowed the advanced road test to get a full license. In AB, they will accept a license with anything less than 2 years as sufficient to take the basic road test and get a GDL license. In ON for 1-2 years, the basic road test would allow a G2 license but anything less than 1 year would just be subtracted from the one year needed in order to take the basic road test.
I looked up the drivers abstract, do we go to an Alberta registry or is it in his country in Morocco? He's been driving for over 2 years, so I'm hoping that he can get his graduated license by the end of this month.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MsLynie said:
I looked up the drivers abstract, do we go to an Alberta registry or is it in his country in Morocco? He's been driving for over 2 years, so I'm hoping that he can get his graduated license by the end of this month.
The drivers abstract would come from the country where he's been driving but that is more required for Ontario. In AB, you can try it with just the license but you have to have it translated to English or French if it isn't in either English or French already. If it states on it when it was issued (more than 2 years ago), then they will let him try for the advanced road test to get a full license. If it doesn't say when it was issued or it was less than two years, they will let him try for the basic road test.

Are you already working on this? He has to go to a registry, turn in his license to be sent to the AB government and say that this is what he wants to do. He will be able to take the written test right away but he will have to wait at least a couple of weeks for the AB government to evaluate his license and allow him a road test so he can get a Canadian one.

MsLynie

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
15-12-2010
Leon said:
The drivers abstract would come from the country where he's been driving but that is more required for Ontario. In AB, you can try it with just the license but you have to have it translated to English or French if it isn't in either English or French already. If it states on it when it was issued (more than 2 years ago), then they will let him try for the advanced road test to get a full license. If it doesn't say when it was issued or it was less than two years, they will let him try for the basic road test.

Are you already working on this? He has to go to a registry, turn in his license to be sent to the AB government and say that this is what he wants to do. He will be able to take the written test right away but he will have to wait at least a couple of weeks for the AB government to evaluate his license and allow him a road test so he can get a Canadian one.
oh!! Well that's nice to know! He does have his license translated and it does say that his license was issued more than 2 years ago. I will definitely get him to a registry tomorrow to get this all done. So, I guess he'll be getting his license sometime in August then. One last question though, would he still be able to drive even with his foreign license right now? Or would we go to the registry to get him registered?