+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Thanks, but it's really weird. On ECAS it says Decision Made but on the GCKey it says background check is in progress and it's been like that for 1 week. I'm hoping they give us the email to come in to the embassy for the COPR. Today marks 1 year since we started this process. BTW, did the embassy in Rabat email your husband, that they received his application and will be working on it?
I hope youll get your PPR soon, Inshallah

Reactions: allyh

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hi everyone

My wife was sent the invitation letter to get her visa next Wednesday. This long journey is almost finished now.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Felectaion
C'est quoi ton calendrier svp
Merci, voici est mon calendrier.

Mar 8. 2018- application couriered by Canada Post Express
Mar 12. 2018 - application arrived at Mississauga processing centre
Apr 21. 2018 - AOR1 received
Apr 23. 2018 - Application Linked
May 4, 2018 - DM for Sponsor
May 4, 2018 - Med Requested
May 8, 2018 - Med exam
May 16, 2018 - Med passed
May 18, 2018 - AOR2 received
Jun 28, 2018 - ECAS changed to "we started processing your application"
Mar 6, 2019 - DM for Principal Applicant
Mar 20 2019 - Invitation to the Embassy - to get the visa

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi everyone

My wife was sent the invitation letter to get her visa next Wednesday. This long journey is almost finished now.

Hey!
Couple questions if you dont mind.....
Did they request any additional documents from you, proof of relationship stuff?
Did they ask for an updated police clearance?
Did your wife have to go for an interview?

Thanks so much :)

Reactions: allyh and ginabrigi

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hey!
Couple questions if you dont mind.....
Did they request any additional documents from you, proof of relationship stuff?
Did they ask for an updated police clearance?
Did your wife have to go for an interview?

Thanks so much :)
Sorry for the delay. With planning to go to Morocco, I've been so busy. I'll try to give you as much information as I can and what I think happened in our situation.

I went to Morocco around last year July and before I left we sent updated messages, call logs, pictures etc... to the embassy in Rabat. Around September or October (I don't remember exactly) people who had similar timelines as myself were asked to send additional proof. We never received this request so I think us sending the additional proof before being asked was a good thing. If you are going to send additional proof, try to write a short letter referencing your application number and explaining what you are sending to them.

They never asked us for an updated police clearance. I think the police clearance is only valid for 3 months. I know people who had to resend their police clearance. I really don't know why they didn't ask us. I have two theories on this. The first is that the embassy I think will ask the court or police from your spouses city to send them some document. If the document comes back clean they don't ask you to resend. The second is this request to resend is entirely in the discretion of the officer working on your application.

We never were asked for an interview. This surprised me because I spoke with my MP in January and she said that on our application it said that an interview was required. I'm not sure what happened but I think because our 1 year was coming up they just skipped the interview and decided to give my wife the decision made. My wife spoke to another girl who went for an interview last Tuesday and after the interview she was given her COPR and visa stamp on the same day, so I guess as long as the medical and police clearance is still valid you can be finished with the sponsorship on the same day as the interview.

How has your application been going? Have they asked you to resend the police clearance or send additional proof?

Reactions: laura.sbai00

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Sorry for the delay. With planning to go to Morocco, I've been so busy. I'll try to give you as much information as I can and what I think happened in our situation.

I went to Morocco around last year July and before I left we sent updated messages, call logs, pictures etc... to the embassy in Rabat. Around September or October (I don't remember exactly) people who had similar timelines as myself were asked to send additional proof. We never received this request so I think us sending the additional proof before being asked was a good thing. If you are going to send additional proof, try to write a short letter referencing your application number and explaining what you are sending to them.

They never asked us for an updated police clearance. I think the police clearance is only valid for 3 months. I know people who had to resend their police clearance. I really don't know why they didn't ask us. I have two theories on this. The first is that the embassy I think will ask the court or police from your spouses city to send them some document. If the document comes back clean they don't ask you to resend. The second is this request to resend is entirely in the discretion of the officer working on your application.

We never were asked for an interview. This surprised me because I spoke with my MP in January and she said that on our application it said that an interview was required. I'm not sure what happened but I think because our 1 year was coming up they just skipped the interview and decided to give my wife the decision made. My wife spoke to another girl who went for an interview last Tuesday and after the interview she was given her COPR and visa stamp on the same day, so I guess as long as the medical and police clearance is still valid you can be finished with the sponsorship on the same day as the interview.

How has your application been going? Have they asked you to resend the police clearance or send additional proof?
No worries at all for the delay. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions and provide all this info. I’m also headed to Morocco soon. Mid April. :)

Our application is still in an early stage. We’re just 4 months in to it. They sent us the email notification that it was being sent to Rabat about 3 weeks ago. We haven’t received any confirmation from Rabat that they have received it yet. I’ve noticed a lot of ppl who applied around the same time as us, have been asked to submit additional proof. With this trip in April, I will have been to Morocco twice since we sent the application. We speak every single day, most of the time all day. Txt, call, FaceTime. So I have hundreds of pages of contact, tons of photos together and with family, and the airline tickets. Once I get confirmation that they’ve received it in Rabat and started working on it, I could send that proof in advance?
I thought we might get asked for an updated police clearance as it’s only valid for 3 months, and it has expired now.

I have one last question of you don’t mind, it’s about the marriage certificate/contract. I did submit to them my original copy, as my husband has a copy as well. We were married in Kesh. The documents we signed at the Aduls office were sent by the Adul to the court in Kesh and were stamped. We didn’t send them to Rabat because I wasn’t sure if we needed to and now I’m worried we missed a step and they won’t accept our marriage papers. Did you send yours to be “certified” in Rabat?

Thanks so much for everything!

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
No worries at all for the delay. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions and provide all this info. I’m also headed to Morocco soon. Mid April. :)

Our application is still in an early stage. We’re just 4 months in to it. They sent us the email notification that it was being sent to Rabat about 3 weeks ago. We haven’t received any confirmation from Rabat that they have received it yet. I’ve noticed a lot of ppl who applied around the same time as us, have been asked to submit additional proof. With this trip in April, I will have been to Morocco twice since we sent the application. We speak every single day, most of the time all day. Txt, call, FaceTime. So I have hundreds of pages of contact, tons of photos together and with family, and the airline tickets. Once I get confirmation that they’ve received it in Rabat and started working on it, I could send that proof in advance?
I thought we might get asked for an updated police clearance as it’s only valid for 3 months, and it has expired now.

I have one last question of you don’t mind, it’s about the marriage certificate/contract. I did submit to them my original copy, as my husband has a copy as well. We were married in Kesh. The documents we signed at the Aduls office were sent by the Adul to the court in Kesh and were stamped. We didn’t send them to Rabat because I wasn’t sure if we needed to and now I’m worried we missed a step and they won’t accept our marriage papers. Did you send yours to be “certified” in Rabat?

We didn't stamp our Marriage certificate in Rabat. I heard some people do this and I guess it doesn't hurt but what we did was we had our translator after translated the marriage certificate stamp both the original and the translated copy. I think this was good enough.

With our application we received the notification that it was sent to Rabat on May 18, on Jun 28, it was updated on our ECAS that the application had begun to be processed and Jul 18 was when the embassy in Rabat sent the email saying they are working on the application. I would wait until your husband receives the email, just to be safe. We sent our proof with Amana at the post office. With Amana it took 1 day to get sent to Rabat.

BTW, I love Marrakech. It's the city I have visited the most in Morocco. Everytime I visit my wife we would stay in Marrakech. I think the weather in April will be great. Have you ever eaten at Dino's? It's a desert restaurant between Jma3 el fna and the mall in Gueliz. If your looking for something sweet to eat I would recommend it.

Last edited:

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
We didn't stamp our Marriage certificate in Rabat. I heard some people do this and I guess it doesn't hurt but what we did was we had our translator after translated the marriage certificate stamp both the original and the translated copy. I think this was good enough.

With our application we received the notification that it was sent to Rabat on May 18, on Jun 28, it was updated on our ECAS that the application had begun to be processed and Jul 18 was when the embassy in Rabat sent the email saying they are working on the application. I would wait until your husband receives the email, just to be safe. We sent our proof with Amana at the post office. With Amana it took 1 day to get sent to Rabat.

BTW, I love Marrakech. It's the city I have visited the most in Morocco. Everytime I visit my wife we would stay in Marrakech. I think the weather in April will be great. Have you ever eaten at Dino's? It's a desert restaurant between Jma3 el fna and the mall in Gueliz. If your looking for something sweet to eat I would recommend it.
Thanks so much again for all your help! We haven’t been there no. I’ll look it up when I go and try it out! Thanks so much!

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018

Hi Laura,

We never had our marriage certificate sent to Rabat either. Once the Adul sent it to the court house it came back stamped . I'm sure you are fine! I had a certified translated copy done here in Canada . Our file was transferred to Rabat back in December with no issues :)

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi Laura,

We never had our marriage certificate sent to Rabat either. Once the Adul sent it to the court house it came back stamped . I'm sure you are fine! I had a certified translated copy done here in Canada . Our file was transferred to Rabat back in December with no issues :)
Thanks so much for the response.
I was curious about it for a non immigration reason as well. I took the original I had and the certified translation to Service Ontario to change my last name and the lady working there said she needed to verify it was the “correct” document. She faxed it to whatever headquarters and they came back saying it was a municipal document and not a federal one and so therefore wasn’t sufficient to change my name. I thought this was total bs, because my husband had asked the adul if there was another certificate given to ppl and he said no. I did however see some ppl on here who had sent them to Rabat to be certified. Which is what sparked my worry about immigration as well.
Thanks to both yourself and Allyh, I feel a lot better about the immigration portion of it at least. :)

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Received our AOR2 today. Rabat started processing the app yesterday. So now I’m guessing will be the loooooooooooong wait of hearing nothing for months lol
Congrats! Hopefully you hear some good news soon.