+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Congrats guys
I have done my medical too same day of the interview, and after the medical is done it is more less 2 to 3 weeks and they close the case
Oh, that's awesome. I'm a little stunned. I didn't think this would work out for me. I never dreamed this long process would end with a good result.

He hopes to meet with a doctor today and finish this off. I'll let him know that it takes 2 to 3 weeks to close the case once the medical is done.

Congrats to everyone who has been recently approved! He said the interview wasn't as terrifying as he thought it would be. There was one point though where things looked like it wouldn't go well because she asked to see his phone. We had a bit of a fight about two weeks ago but we worked through it and worked it out right away. She saw this in his phone and questioned him about it. He told her the truth that long distance relationships are hard and all couples, distant or not, will have disagreements and it is normal. She agreed with him and that was that. She also asked him about my last two marriages and why I wasn't with them for very long before I divorced them. He told her what is the point continuing to live with someone who is the wrong fit for you....if it isn't working, it isn't working....stop wasting time and get on with it. She agreed.

Bottom line - As long as you are honest and your answers make sense and you are upfront about things, there will be no issues. No relationship is 100% perfect but when you have problems you work them out. February 12, 2019, my husband and I would have been in a relationship together for 10 years, married for close to 7 of those years....that kind of longevity says a lot about two people. Not many people can be in a long distance relationship for that kind of time and survive so of course there will be problems from time to time.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
I've got news on my application. My husband was unable to get the interview rescheduled so he ended up having it this morning. Long story, short - He was approved. The Officer was a woman. He said she was nice and they had some laughs. She had some tough questions but he took control of the interview and nailed it. They just need him to redo his medical check and once they get that they will call him back in with his passport so they can make things final. I'm so relieved. And they never called me. I think they only do that if they think something is wrong....
Congrats. It's really good to hear so many good stories of the interviews.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Oh, that's awesome. I'm a little stunned. I didn't think this would work out for me. I never dreamed this long process would end with a good result.

He hopes to meet with a doctor today and finish this off. I'll let him know that it takes 2 to 3 weeks to close the case once the medical is done.

Congrats to everyone who has been recently approved! He said the interview wasn't as terrifying as he thought it would be. There was one point though where things looked like it wouldn't go well because she asked to see his phone. We had a bit of a fight about two weeks ago but we worked through it and worked it out right away. She saw this in his phone and questioned him about it. He told her the truth that long distance relationships are hard and all couples, distant or not, will have disagreements and it is normal. She agreed with him and that was that. She also asked him about my last two marriages and why I wasn't with them for very long before I divorced them. He told her what is the point continuing to live with someone who is the wrong fit for you....if it isn't working, it isn't working....stop wasting time and get on with it. She agreed.

Bottom line - As long as you are honest and your answers make sense and you are upfront about things, there will be no issues. No relationship is 100% perfect but when you have problems you work them out. February 12, 2019, my husband and I would have been in a relationship together for 10 years, married for close to 7 of those years....that kind of longevity says a lot about two people. Not many people can be in a long distance relationship for that kind of time and survive so of course there will be problems from time to time.
Congrats Shani - so happy for you and your husband. I am curious about her asking to see his phone - I thought you weren't allowed to bring a phone into the interview room.

Reactions: ginabrigi and allyh

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
Does anyone of you guys after done their medical the doctor gave you this form E.medical “ Feuille de route ”
Did you guys keep that form just for yourself or did you take it back to the visa office ?

Reactions: Driss77

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Congrats Shani - so happy for you and your husband. I am curious about her asking to see his phone - I thought you weren't allowed to bring a phone into the interview room.
That's what I thought too but he said he had it in his pocket but was turned off. She made him turn it on and unlock it so she could check his phone and she also went to my facebook and asked him questions about my profile details. He said that was the most stressful part of the interview because she started to pick apart why my relationship status was "It's complicated" instead of "Married". I told him that when you've been married for 6 years and you've not lived together and so on and so on of course that is complicated. If that doesn't qualify as complicated, then please tell me what does. It was a little knit-picky.

She said she asked to see his phone because she was concerned about the amount of time we spend talking per day....She said it didn't seem like enough time. Once again, knit-picky. He works 12 hour days and I so do I, plus I work 7 days a week....and we have a time difference. I think the amount we talk per day is normal for the amount of time we spend working and unable to talk because of work or time difference. Honestly, he said he wished he would have left his phone in the car. So, leave your phone in the car if you have conversations you rather be kept private. I'm happy we didn't have any racy texting back and forth because she went all through his phone looking for things to comment on.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hi Angeldust

Did you or your husband hear anything from the embassy about an interview? My wife told me that they are starting to call people from October in to do interviews now.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hi Angeldust

Did you or your husband hear anything from the embassy about an interview? My wife told me that they are starting to call people from October in to do interviews now.
No we haven't heard anything. Maybe they forgot about us. I was thinking about contacting my MP, but I am not sure they will do anything as it is only a month past the 12 month mark. I have read different things on here - some saying they only intervene if your application is well over a year. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try to contact him and see. CIC website and ECAS still saying same thing - interview not required - we will contact you if this changes. I am flying back to Canada next week - would be nice to have interview while I am still here, so if we are approved we can fly back together.

merlin86

Jun 7, 2018
Hello,
Sorry if my question is off subject. I would like to know which of addresses below to use to mail documents to Rabat VO. My guess is B.P but want to have guidance from people who mailed consulat before :) Thanks in advance

66, Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka,
Rabat-Souissi, Maroc

OR

B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad,
Maroc, 10 000

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
No we haven't heard anything. Maybe they forgot about us. I was thinking about contacting my MP, but I am not sure they will do anything as it is only a month past the 12 month mark. I have read different things on here - some saying they only intervene if your application is well over a year. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try to contact him and see. CIC website and ECAS still saying same thing - interview not required - we will contact you if this changes. I am flying back to Canada next week - would be nice to have interview while I am still here, so if we are approved we can fly back together.
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to try to call them while your in Morocco at the moment. You are past the 12 month mark so they should respond to you.

Reactions: Angeldust

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hello,
Sorry if my question is off subject. I would like to know which of addresses below to use to mail documents to Rabat VO. My guess is B.P but want to have guidance from people who mailed consulat before :) Thanks in advance

Rabat-Souissi, Maroc

OR

B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad,
Maroc, 10 000
This is the entire address I used to mail documents to the Rabat VO: 66, Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka, Rabat-Souissi, (B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad), Maroc, 10000

Reactions: Ayat and merlin86

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
Hello,

Rabat-Souissi, Maroc

OR

B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad,
Maroc, 10 000
Hi Merlin86
This is the adress I used to mail them documents

Service des visas

Ambassade du Canada

66, Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka

Rabat-Souissi, Maroc 10000

Reactions: Ayat and merlin86

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017

Hello Shani
Have your husband done his medical?
I am a bit confused as the doctor told me to get back next day after I have done the tests and he gave me this form E.medical “feuille de route” which shows that I have done all the tests... I was not sure if I should send that to the embassy or just keep it.. The problem is when I log in to my account on CIC website it says they sent me the medical instructions, and to avoid delays I should provide them with the information requested in the letter as soon as possible.. Do you guys or anyone else have the same problem?
I want just to know if that’s normal before I contact the embassy
Many thanks

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to try to call them while your in Morocco at the moment. You are past the 12 month mark so they should respond to you.

I left a message with my MP's office - I haven't heard anything back yet. My husband is wondering if Rabat Embassy comes up on the phone when they call because the Friday before last he was in the shower, and when he came out he saw that he had missed a call from a business number at around 8:45 a.m., but he just thought it was Maroc Telecom as they had been calling him a lot - he deleted it because he was going to see them that morning anyways. Now he is wondering if it may have been the embassy and because he missed the call they moved on with other applicants, and we were put to the bottom of the list again. He has answered or called back every number since - but still wonders if we may have missed their call and they didn't call us back.

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Congrats! Happy for you guys. :)