AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Thanks ..i hope so also. well, you know what i mean..maybe for somebody who grew up in the west..in his country however...same as in other muslim countries...it just does not happen as far as what i have seen. thats why most of the men there dont marry early in life unless they have a well off family. of course i dont say it should be that way. and people should marry based on compatibility and things other than possessions...however i did not see that in my husbands country.

camo

Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2015
AOR Received.
May 15, 2015
File Transfer...
July 15, 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
March 27, 2015
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
Habibti said:
Hello Habeeb! Thank you for your nice reply. After the winter holidays, my husband started to get depressed and be very very homesick. It is around June my husband complained that life for him in Canada is difficult and stressful (the pace is too fast) and he has not come into terms with things he sees here in Canada... things that are against Islam... for example women dressed in a provocative way. After two years and a half, he is still disappointed it is not the way he imagined life in Canada.

He is leaving on September 18 for Morocco for a 2 months visit (it will be his first visit since he has landed). Over there he will reflect and ponder about his life in Canada and his marriage. Again it is around June he expressed the desire to be married to a Muslim woman. He married me (with the false hope) thinking I would convert to Islam eventually. He still loves me and always say I am a very good woman.

However, he has not been loyal and honest regarding money matters and it put me in a precarious financial situation. I have lots of anger towards him. I told him that if he does not come clean with me, repent and repair what he did and accept to disclose things to me from now on, he would have to get out of my life. I was shocked when he told me he would leave and divorce me as he has been unhappy for a long time.

The good news is that this weekend there has been some sort of breakthrough but we are still far from reconciliation as he is still stiff in his position regarding money matters. One thing I want to say to everybody here.... life together (adaptation, cultural clashes, etc.) is tougher than the appeal process. It has been so for my husband and for me. I really wish you all the best and may your suffering ends soon!!!
I came by this and I just wanted to give you some courage. I'm sorry you have to go through this but I'm sure things will get better soon. Have faith!

camo

Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2015
AOR Received.
May 15, 2015
File Transfer...
July 15, 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
March 27, 2015
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
goatlove said:
Hey/salam ladies and Eid mubarak.

My husband and I just came back from morocco last month. I can't believe how busy it is in the summer there!! :eek: way too busy! Alhamdu lillah, was still nice though. It's crazy to think my husband landed almost 2 years ago?! He's adjusted well and he actually really appreciates how things are much more organized here like the driving lol. He appreciates the beauty of all the nature we're blessed with here also. Habibti pointed out some good points. They shouldn't have unrealistic expectations of the so called "American Dream" before landing or else they will have a very difficult time. Life in canada ain't easy. We all work hard. As habibti said, long hours and hard work is what it takes to make a life even in a developed country like ours. I hope and pray things work out with your husband habibti. You've been such a devoted and dedicated wife which isn't easy to find!

Soblue: I just wanted to say something about what you had mentioned earlier:

Myself being raised a muslim(an independent muslim) by a very independent muslim Mom, felt the need to point out how wrong that is. I didn't look for a man who can support me and give me a house. I looked for a man with strong faith in God. This is what's most valuable to me being a Muslim woman and I know I speak for several other muslim women.
Yes, culturally, many women won't marry unless the man can support them but culture and religion are 2 completely separate things. :)

Hope all goes well with your hubby's arrival!!!! :D
great point thanks for pointing that out :D loved it:

camo

Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2015
AOR Received.
May 15, 2015
File Transfer...
July 15, 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
March 27, 2015
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
I'm in desperate need of help :( Basically, my husband is sponsoring me. Last friday we got a phone call from ambassy asking where is ur husband, what does he do, what does his work consist of... it was kind of a short call. also, 2 months before they asked me to provide more prooves and proove that my husband lives in canada. I would like to know if that's normal and if some of you went through the same thing? My status is as follow:
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on May 11, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
it is not written that they started processing. and I'm not sure at which stage are we :-[ what's the next step and how long will it take to arrive there.
waiting is killing me and I just miss my husband and try not to go into a depressing phase

mhaseeb

Oct 19, 2015
Hi All,

I WISH everyone all the LUCK in getting their processes completed

It is my first post on this forum and I just married my wife who is from Morocco , marriage has been done, now we are almost finished all the sponsorship documents thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum who shared their experience in regards to filling in the documentation. However we are STUMPED :(

MY WIFE has been told in MOROCCO that she needs Police Certificate, Birth Certificate and translated marriage certificate STAMPED in Rabat in order to authenticate them, however I have not read anything about any stamps required for those documents on this forum . Does anyone know what they are referring to ?? My wife has told me the officials shes spoken to at the police station and the translation office that they are absolutely sure she has to get the documents stamped however I have not read anything about stamps having to be done in Rabat.

From what i've read and according to the Sponsorship checklist (Africa specific list) she needs original copies of the police certificate , e-med receipt which has been sent to the CIC already and copy of birth certificate.

Please if anyone has any information from their experience it would be greatly appreciated.

camo

Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2015
AOR Received.
May 15, 2015
File Transfer...
July 15, 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
March 27, 2015
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
mhaseeb said:
Hi All,

I WISH everyone all the LUCK in getting their processes completed

It is my first post on this forum and I just married my wife who is from Morocco , marriage has been done, now we are almost finished all the sponsorship documents thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum who shared their experience in regards to filling in the documentation. However we are STUMPED :(

MY WIFE has been told in MOROCCO that she needs Police Certificate, Birth Certificate and translated marriage certificate STAMPED in Rabat in order to authenticate them, however I have not read anything about any stamps required for those documents on this forum . Does anyone know what they are referring to ?? My wife has told me the officials shes spoken to at the police station and the translation office that they are absolutely sure she has to get the documents stamped however I have not read anything about stamps having to be done in Rabat.

From what i've read and according to the Sponsorship checklist (Africa specific list) she needs original copies of the police certificate , e-med receipt which has been sent to the CIC already and copy of birth certificate.

Please if anyone has any information from their experience it would be greatly appreciated.
My husband and I sent our application 5months ago. I'm from Morocco. We sent the original copy of the police certificate and medical receipt. Concerning the marriage certificate, we got it translated and then stamped at "ministre d'exterieur". I guess that's about it no need to stamp the others documents though!

mhaseeb

Oct 19, 2015
camo said:
My husband and I sent our application 5months ago. I'm from Morocco. We sent the original copy of the police certificate and medical receipt. Concerning the marriage certificate, we got it translated and then stamped at "ministre d'exterieur". I guess that's about it no need to stamp the others documents though!
Thank you very much for the response Camo , would you happen to know if the stamp for the marriage certificate at the ministre d'exterieur" required by CIC ? since the ministry is in Rabat, my wife is from Marrakech so travelling there can be a bit stressful, and I couldnt find anything about it elsewhere in the forums so I was hoping to make sure if it was a sure requirement.

Say if i translate the marriage certificate here in Canada or in Morocco, would CIC reject it if it isn't stamped by the ministre d'exterior? what makes me reflect on this question is from my research, apparently the Canadian government will recognize a foreign marriage if its deemed legal in the country where it took place, and the Marriage certificate is proof of that

camo

Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2015
AOR Received.
May 15, 2015
File Transfer...
July 15, 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
March 27, 2015
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
mhaseeb said:
Thank you very much for the response Camo , would you happen to know if the stamp for the marriage certificate at the ministre d'exterieur" required by CIC ? since the ministry is in Rabat, my wife is from Marrakech so travelling there can be a bit stressful, and I couldnt find anything about it elsewhere in the forums so I was hoping to make sure if it was a sure requirement.

Say if i translate the marriage certificate here in Canada or in Morocco, would CIC reject it if it isn't stamped by the ministre d'exterior? what makes me reflect on this question is from my research, apparently the Canadian government will recognize a foreign marriage if its deemed legal in the country where it took place, and the Marriage certificate is proof of that
you're very welcome. I know how confusing these things can get. we've been through it and all I can wish you is great luck for you and your wife. Concerning the marriage certificate, it should normally be stamped as it's ganna be used outside of the country. I'm not really sure if it's required by CIC though. But that was the safest thing to do, so this is why we did it. I advice you guys to do things properly and safely in order to feel more at ease. I mean once u start waiting for the cic answer, u get a lot of doubts and start hoping u did things better. So my advice is make it perfect to be at ease during the waiting time :)

Mbensalah

Sep 15, 2015
Hello all there is a group on facebook called
"Sponsoring a spouse to Canada"
It is for all to post question and stories feel free to add ...

Mbensalah

Sep 15, 2015
Hello my husband just received a email asking for more info and another background declaration and our conversations since we applied
And police checks and photos
Just wondering has anyone else got this

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Yes, majority of people would have received this type of a request. Some are asked to submit this info before interview, and some are asked to bring additional info to an interview. My husband was asked to bring new proof of relationship (more photos, copies of our correspondence etc) to his interview. At the interview he was asked to resubmit the back group form listing his addresses from age 18.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Mbensalah said:
Hello my husband just received a email asking for more info and another background declaration and our conversations since we applied
And police checks and photos
Just wondering has anyone else got this
The information they requested is typical if they gave him a date for an interview. They usually do ask for updated information and communication.

When they called my husband, they asked him to bring one month of proof of communication to his interview.

Mbensalah

Sep 15, 2015
jamali said:
The information they requested is typical if they gave him a date for an interview. They usually do ask for updated information and communication.

When they called my husband, they asked him to bring one month of proof of communication to his interview.
So after they requested this info how long till the interview
He already send in everything they asked..

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Mbensalah said:
So after they requested this info how long till the interview
He already send in everything they asked..
This was in 2013, but they called my husband on Nov 13 and told him that his interview was Nov 21 and he was to bring one month's proof of communication and that's it. At first we were worried because it was an actual phone call and no letter. He was approved at the interview but we had to wait an additional 3 months because they could not find his medicals and he had to re-do them (this was before e-medicals). So Nov 21 his interview, then on Feb 21/14 they emailed him an appointment to pick up his visa.

Good luck, I hope you hear from them soon insha'Allah.

Zidan890

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Hope not
would like to start a new topic about MOROCCO 2015 applying for common-law sponsorship. please let us help each other out. Wink

I received email from rabat embassy 23 october they received my file

We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2015.
We started processing your application on December 22, 2015.
Medical results have been received.