Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
jamali said:
Hi Camo, welcome to the forum.

Did you and your husband provide an email address so that they can send any correspondence by email? If not, then I say your husband should expect a letter by next week since July 6th is only a few days ago. Or did you use a representative (lawyer or immigration consultant), if so, the letter would be mailed to them.

As for mixed marriages, they don't take much longer. Usually people get their visa within the posted processing time. You're from Morocco and your husband is from Algeria, but are you of the same religion, near the same age, and did you celebrate your wedding? If so, then I think your application should run smoothly insha'Allah, provided that you submitted enough proof to show that your marriage is genuine.

Applications that have red flags (age difference, religion difference, previous marriage, short courtship, no wedding celebration, etc) are more scrutinized so if you have none of these, I think you don't need to worry too much.

Good luck to you and your husband!
Thank you Jamali for ur prompt response. my husband is 25 and I'm 23 and yes we r from same religion. 3 weeks ago we got an email from ambassy of Rabat asking for more prooves:
1-prooves that my husband lives in canada.
2-prooves of communication (At first, we sent only 12 pages as I thought it should be just samples :( But now I sent almost 500 pages or more)
3-wedding pictures/honeymoon/dating pictures if any.
I sent my documents 2 weeks ago, but again no sign that they've received anything. Did any of u experience the same thing? Is it Normal that they ask for more prooves and Will sending 12 pages only, in the first time, cause us problems?

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
camo said:
Thank you Jamali for ur prompt response. my husband is 25 and I'm 23 and yes we r from same religion. 3 weeks ago we got an email from ambassy of Rabat asking for more prooves:
1-prooves that my husband lives in canada.
2-prooves of communication (At first, we sent only 12 pages as I thought it should be just samples :( But now I sent almost 500 pages or more)
3-wedding pictures/honeymoon/dating pictures if any.
I sent my documents 2 weeks ago, but again no sign that they've received anything. Did any of u experience the same thing? Is it Normal that they ask for more prooves and Will sending 12 pages only, in the first time, cause us problems?
Each application is different and there were some couples who were requested more information/proofs. Since you only sent in 12 pages with your application, I think it's normal for them to ask for more proofs. It is good that you sent in near to 500 pages. I don't think it's a bad sign if they're asking you for more proofs now. It would be a bad sign if you sent it a lot of proofs with your application since the beginning but they're still asking for more proofs. It appears that you and your husband don't have much "red flags" since you're from the same religion, and near same age then insha'Allah, your application will go smoothly.

Good luck!

camo

Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2015
AOR Received.
May 15, 2015
File Transfer...
July 15, 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
March 27, 2015
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
November 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 25, 2015
jamali said:
Each application is different and there were some couples who were requested more information/proofs. Since you only sent in 12 pages with your application, I think it's normal for them to ask for more proofs. It is good that you sent in near to 500 pages. I don't think it's a bad sign if they're asking you for more proofs now. It would be a bad sign if you sent it a lot of proofs with your application since the beginning but they're still asking for more proofs. It appears that you and your husband don't have much "red flags" since you're from the same religion, and near same age then insha'Allah, your application will go smoothly.

Good luck!
Thank you so much my friend...Appreciate your help

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Hello! Not sure to understand something about PR status. My husband landed in January 2013 from Morocco. He is going back to Morocco in a couple of weeks. He might decide to live there. I read he has to live in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years. Does that mean that if he does not come back before 2018, he loses his PR status?

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Habibti, I am not sure but I believe that yes, in any 5 year period you must reside in Canada for at least 2 years in that period. Canada is funny that way, they call it Permanent Residence but it's not really. Does your husband have to leave so soon? If he waits another year he could apply for citizenship....Please tell me things are ok with the two of you. It's been such a tumultuous journey for you both I hope it hasn't ruined your relationship. That would break my heart. I have followed your journey as if it were my own and can relate to almost everything you've been through. It is so so very hard this whole process, even after the torturous dealings with immigration are over the transition and adjustment is not easy for our spouses or us. I am still in limbo waiting for my date for appeal hearing and can't believe it's going to take so long...probably 5 years total from from the time we married if we are successful with the long long waits in Toronto. Thank God I am able to travel still to see him. I don't know how those who can't travel survive.

Biker

Sep 5, 2015
Hey every body,I hope I can get some advice,my Canadian fiancee and I are about to get married here in Morocco and we don't know what documents she needs to bring with her from Canada ?is there anybody who went the same experience or couldn't anybody give us an idea ?any help would be appreciated , thanks in advance ,kind regards .

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biker

Welcome to the forum!

There are an awful lot of documents required by Moroccan authorities for marriage. It takes a LOT of time and is an extremely laborious process to prepare and will take many weeks once your fiancee arrives in Morocco to complete, so I hope you're not in a big hurry!! Here's what I remember, but I may have forgotten something!!

Here are the basic documents required:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/morocco-maroc/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

As well some info about the Canadian RCMP criminal record background check, which can take a very very long time unless your fiancee can find a place accepted by the RCMP to take her fingerprints electronically:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-time-criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks

In addition to the documents listed on the first link I gave you, they often also require a letter of employment stating your fiancee's position, status (full or part-time), length of time at the company, average number of hours she works per week, and rate of pay, along with a few (maybe 6 month's worth) of her pay stubs, and sometimes they even ask for bank statements.

Once she has all these documents and she arrives in Morocco, she will have to go to the Canadian Embassy in Rabat and get her Capacite de Mariage and Attestation de Nationalite (as it says in the first link I posted), and then both of you will need a criminal background check from the Moroccan Police in Rabat headquarters. Then you will have to go to the Minsitre des Affaires Estrangeres in Rabat and have them stamped there (be prepared to pay bribes or you will wait forever)and then go to a judge or notaire to get a sworn statement of your wife's religion. Then you will have to take everything to your local Municipalite to have it stamped there (with another bribe of course). Then you both have to go to your local police station to be interviewed about the details of your relationship. THEN you can take everything to your Adul to have the legal marriage proceedings and paper work done. Then, I believe, it all has to be taken to the court for registration.

All of this, even with bribes, can take at least 4 weeks to complete.
My best advice is don't rush it, take your time and verify with your local Adul what papers are needed. The more time you take to get everything ready (even if it means more than one trip for your fiancee to Morocco) the better your chances of success will be in coming to Canada if that is what you plan.
I hope this helps, and if anyone on here knows more accurate info please correct me!!
Best of luck!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
habeeb said:
Hello Habibti, I am not sure but I believe that yes, in any 5 year period you must reside in Canada for at least 2 years in that period. Canada is funny that way, they call it Permanent Residence but it's not really. Does your husband have to leave so soon? If he waits another year he could apply for citizenship....Please tell me things are ok with the two of you. It's been such a tumultuous journey for you both I hope it hasn't ruined your relationship. That would break my heart. I have followed your journey as if it were my own and can relate to almost everything you've been through. It is so so very hard this whole process, even after the torturous dealings with immigration are over the transition and adjustment is not easy for our spouses or us. I am still in limbo waiting for my date for appeal hearing and can't believe it's going to take so long...probably 5 years total from from the time we married if we are successful with the long long waits in Toronto. Thank God I am able to travel still to see him. I don't know how those who can't travel survive.
Hello Habeeb! Thank you for your nice reply. After the winter holidays, my husband started to get depressed and be very very homesick. It is around June my husband complained that life for him in Canada is difficult and stressful (the pace is too fast) and he has not come into terms with things he sees here in Canada... things that are against Islam... for example women dressed in a provocative way. After two years and a half, he is still disappointed it is not the way he imagined life in Canada.

He is leaving on September 18 for Morocco for a 2 months visit (it will be his first visit since he has landed). Over there he will reflect and ponder about his life in Canada and his marriage. Again it is around June he expressed the desire to be married to a Muslim woman. He married me (with the false hope) thinking I would convert to Islam eventually. He still loves me and always say I am a very good woman.

However, he has not been loyal and honest regarding money matters and it put me in a precarious financial situation. I have lots of anger towards him. I told him that if he does not come clean with me, repent and repair what he did and accept to disclose things to me from now on, he would have to get out of my life. I was shocked when he told me he would leave and divorce me as he has been unhappy for a long time.

The good news is that this weekend there has been some sort of breakthrough but we are still far from reconciliation as he is still stiff in his position regarding money matters. One thing I want to say to everybody here.... life together (adaptation, cultural clashes, etc.) is tougher than the appeal process. It has been so for my husband and for me. I really wish you all the best and may your suffering ends soon!!!

Biker

Sep 5, 2015
Hey habeeb , thank you very much for taking time to write and for the informations , I appreciate . I was wondering if there is something that my Canadian fiancee would apply for there in canada such as documents before she lands here in Morocco ? Thank you again for the informations , thank you in advance ,best regards .

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Hi Habibti..really i am so sorry to see you going through all this. I wish you all the best and i hope things work out for you. As you know we just won our appeal and my husband will be coming here as . I have already anticipated problems that will most likely appear. I k now it maybe wishful thinking but i hope things will not be so bad. i have some ideas ...first of all he is joining ESL classes, maybe local soccer club. I have a couple of job opportunities aligned for him. Well like you i think i did my best. now only time will show. Do you think your husband was serious when he said he had a mood disorder? Maybe he really does...maybe he needs some help. i think once he goes to morocco he may miss it here. i hear it happens a lot. Really i wish things work out for you...you have put so much into your relationship and have been so patient with him i really admire you. I dont believe i could be the same..i expect him to make his life here his priority. He will have to help out and its in his best interest to adjust fast. I am not just saying that as i am also an immigrant. When i came here i really did not want to as it was my parents decision..but i realized i am in this country i need to adjust to the way of life here and make the best of it. I expect others to do the same. maybe i am harsh but that is my way of seeing this. I am just sorry because you have invested so much and yet suffered because of your kindness.

Mbensalah

Sep 15, 2015
Hello my mame is Miranda I have been married to my moroccan husband for over 1 year now June 3rd 2014.
I sent our application June 2015 they sent me letter saying they started working on our application July 14th 2015.
Then they sent a letter saying I meet the requirements to sponsor and that they sent his P.R application to Rabat.
Now I am just waiting for response for our immigration.
Was wondering if anyone knew how long this will be and what to expect...thank you all
SPONSORSHIP
1.We received your application to sponsor Mohamed on June 10,2015.
2. We started processing your application on July 14, 2015.
PERMANENT RESIDENCE
1.We recieved Mohamed's application for permanent
residence on June 10, 2015.
2. We started processing Mohamed's application on August 19, 2015.
This was the last update..

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Biker

The only thing I would say she could start on before you marry is her RCMP criminal record check. As I said, it can take a long time, up to 22 weeks, to get the results back unless she can find an RCMP approved place to take her fingerprints electronically, then it only takes days.

She should prepare her paystubs and get her letter of employment as well as bank stubs ready to bring.

Other than that, you cannot start any of the Immigration application forms until AFTER you are married.
Be sure that you plan a very large and traditional Moroccan wedding ceremony. Immigration is really stuck on that. Spend lots of time getting to know one another and if you can help it don't get married the first time she comes to Morocco, Immigration really disapproves of that.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Mbensalah

Welcome to the forum to you too!

All I can say is knuckle down and prepare to wait patiently. It is a very long process. It takes at least 7 months before you will hear anything, and you will likely get a request for him to go for an interview at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat then. It takes about 6 months for them to do all the background checks, and that was 2 years ago so processing times have only gotten longer since then. Try to keep yourself busy, it helps the time pass faster!

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Habibti

O my dear I am in tears to hear about your sorrows. It really is so hard, some people don't adjust as easily as others. I'm surprised to hear your husband's struggle with the non-Islamic lifestyle here. In my travels I have seen plenty of women in Morocco that dress very revealing, just the same as women do here. And I don't find a great deal of Moroccans to be truly devout. O, they say their prayers and fast for Ramadan and give to the poor and even go to the mosque routinely but they live their lives completely contrary to the principles of the Qura'an, drinking, sleeping around, cheating one another, stealing, taking and expecting bribes. I am not at all surprised to hear about the dishonesty with money issues tho. They don't seem to know how to handle money, how to save for the future or spend wisely. They just go thru it like water and waste it. And they don't seem to be too concerned about going into debt or putting others in debt either. I think it's a cultural thing, because no one has money over there they don't know what to do with it. Gosh I sound awfully jaded don't I? No, I have no delusions about these things. Their culture and history gives them a completely different mindset than we have here and it seems ludicrous to us but it makes sense to them, and I know they feel the same way about us here in the west in a lot of ways too. I have the same issues with my husband and money. And the honeymoon period is wearing out now I am seeing him for what he is, and he is seeing me for what I am too. It's been rough lately, we have fought a lot and I have spent many many nights crying. I still love him with all my heart and am just trying the best I can to cope and get through this horrendous process. But I suspect that your husband's main problem is not with you at all. I think it is a natural homesickness that many experience but not all. It will be a good thing for him to go back home and remember life is not so wonderful as he thinks it was and he will come back to you because life is much better here. At least we can build a future more so than they can over there. Let go of him for now, I'm sure he will run back to you and be happy to yield to your requests for transparency. If not, as heart-breaking as it will be, you will be better off in the end. My prayers are with you habibti you have the most wonderful spirit and I know you can overcome whatever happens with grace and will come thru better and stronger in the end.

Biker

Sep 5, 2015
thank you very much habeeb for your very helpful and constructive informations, which i indeed appreciated,yes that's our plans if God willing , we just want to be prepared for everythings just like you said about RCMP which may take time ,thank you again for time and help , kind regards .