28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
hopeful_waiting said:
dair2dv8103100

I went to the RCMP in London Canada on Dufferin St. I asked for a police clearance and told them I was getting married they said that some countries ask for more detailed RCMP police clearance with fingerprints that can take 6 weeks for clearance .. I said the name police clearance is good and it only cost me 40 dollars and I waited 15 min max ... Morocco accepted just the name clearance from the RCMP it was yellow piece of paper with RCMP logo and signatures on it and clearance info on it ... Now keep in mind this RCMP clearance is only good for certain amount of time I believe it is 3 months..

As for abdul we only paid 1000dh and yes bakeesh police and court clerk ..

Hope this clears up somethings Take Care
Thankyou!! ;D Yes this helps immensely!! I was thinking I was going to have to chase the info down or get a couple different ones to be sure lol...I will not be getting this check until Nov to make sure it is still valid in Jan. I am just anxcious about being prepared.

Gonna take shares out in Cadbury soon...LOL and I am not even into the application process yet :p

Don't know what I would do if I had not found this forum!! You guys are awesome!!

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
:p SALAMO a3alikom
have a blessed ramadan to everybody .
don'T WORRY GUYS JUST BE PATIENT YOU WILL GET IT .WHEN IT'S TIME FOR IT .. I LANDED IN MONTREAL THEN STRAIGHT TO EDMONTON AND I HAVE BEEN BUSY CAUSE THERE'S LOTS TO DO HERE REALLY I NEVER GET A CHANCE TO SIT AND TO LEAVE A MESSAGE ON HERE .
WE WERE SO LUCKY IN THAT FLIGHT CAUSE THE DAY WE FLEW THEY WERE CALLING ALL THE PLANES BACK CAUSE OF THE VOLCANO .. SO THOSE PILOTS OF ROYAL AIR MAROC THEY KNOW WHAT 'S GOING ON SO THEY CHANGE THE DRECTION TO THE BACK WAY TO MONTREAL WHITCH IS A SMARTEST WAY AND WE ARE THANKFUL TO THEM CAUSE THEY ARE SO STRONG . SO THE TRIP WAS FINE AND NICE AND I WASN'T SURE THAT DAY IF WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT OR NOT BUT I THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING .
CANADA IS SO NICE AND BEAUTIFUL I LIKE JASPER BY THE WAY . BUT I GET SWELLON BY MOSQUITOES HHHHAAAAHHHAAA
MY WIFE AND I WISHING FOR EVERYONE GOOD LUCKY
SEE YOU GUYS

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bubbleboy said:
don'T WORRY GUYS JUST BE PATIENT YOU WILL GET IT .WHEN IT'S TIME FOR IT .. I LANDED IN MONTREAL THEN STRAIGHT TO EDMONTON AND I HAVE BEEN BUSY CAUSE THERE'S LOTS TO DO HERE REALLY I NEVER GET A CHANCE TO SIT AND TO LEAVE A MESSAGE ON HERE .
WE WERE SO LUCKY IN THAT FLIGHT CAUSE THE DAY WE FLEW THEY WERE CALLING ALL THE PLANES BACK CAUSE OF THE VOLCANO .. SO THOSE PILOTS OF ROYAL AIR MAROC THEY KNOW WHAT 'S GOING ON SO THEY CHANGE THE DRECTION TO THE BACK WAY TO MONTREAL WHITCH IS A SMARTEST WAY AND WE ARE THANKFUL TO THEM CAUSE THEY ARE SO STRONG . SO THE TRIP WAS FINE AND NICE AND I WASN'T SURE THAT DAY IF WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT OR NOT BUT I THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING .
CANADA IS SO NICE AND BEAUTIFUL I LIKE JASPER BY THE WAY . BUT I GET SWELLON BY MOSQUITOES HHHHAAAAHHHAAA
SEE YOU GUYS
Congratulations bubbleboy!! Welcome to Canada 8)

As for mosquitos....well...thats nothing...wait till the winter comes!!...hahaha

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubbleboy said:
SEE YOU GUYS
Bubbleboy akhoya! So nice to hear from you! And I'm so happy you and your wife are doing well. Take care my friend and best wishes to your wife as well. Stay away from the mosquitoes!

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
hi there,
i also just went to the local branch and paid 40 to have mine done.they asked why i needed it and i told them to get married in morocco.when i got to casablanca,it was accepted no problems.

i have a question that is unrelated: i am sponsoring my hubby from morocco,it was refused,but was won an appeal 3 months ago.appliactaion was sent back to Rabat july 15.we didn't receive any confirmation,no requests for updated medicals,and info since the previous ones are expired.my hubby received a couple of phone calls from Rabat yesterday,unfortunately,he wasn't available to speak with the IO.what do you think it means? i am so worried.i wasn't aware that they call instead of writing.thanks guys.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
welcome bubbleboy! Best of luck to you here :)

Sierra_rose....they were more than likely trying to set an appointment for ur husband to go and get the redo medical form and hand in the applicants application again, hope you kept a copy of the original one sent, along with another criminal record, and pics
they will be in touch again, maybe by regular mail or email

nothing to worry about
best of luck

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sierra_rose said:
hi there,
i also just went to the local branch and paid 40 to have mine done.they asked why i needed it and i told them to get married in morocco.when i got to casablanca,it was accepted no problems.

i have a question that is unrelated: i am sponsoring my hubby from morocco,it was refused,but was won an appeal 3 months ago.appliactaion was sent back to Rabat july 15.we didn't receive any confirmation,no requests for updated medicals,and info since the previous ones are expired.my hubby received a couple of phone calls from Rabat yesterday,unfortunately,he wasn't available to speak with the IO.what do you think it means? i am so worried.i wasn't aware that they call instead of writing.thanks guys.
Congrats on winning your appeal! They were probably calling to get an updated Schedule 1/Background Declaration as well as to advise regarding medicals. Hubby needs to answer the next phone call he receives from them. Good luck.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
rjessome said:
Congrats on winning your appeal! They were probably calling to get an updated Schedule 1/Background Declaration as well as to advise regarding medicals. Hubby needs to answer the next phone call he receives from them. Good luck.
along with Additional Family Information form and Application For Permanent Residency...criminal record issued within the last three months, and new medical, and four new pics

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
thanks very much lois lane and rjessome.my hubby was at the mosque when they called,they even called his home and spoke with his sister,but wouldn't say what was the nature of their call.i was thinking something else.cause i have been trying to access ecas with the old file number,unfortunately with no success.this has been going on for far too long,it's time to put an end to our misery.wish the best of luck to us all. :(

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congratulations Sierra!!

You situation is something I fear!! I can only keep positive that things will go well.

My fiance keeps saying lets just concentrate on the marriage for now. After that we will look at this. Which I agree with...but at the same time I would like to take care of the paperwork while I am there so that I can come home with it all signed and take the time just to gather photos and emails and SMS and.... :eek:

Many blessings to all who are going through this...

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
i have a question.how do we update these documents;do we have to print new forms or will it be included in the letter from immigration? updated Schedule 1/Background Declaration,Additional Family Information form and Application For Permanent Residency.

hubby received another call today,they already mailed him the letter to redo meds,and they asked about our activities since 2008,does it mean chat logs travel history etc? the woman who called sent him an email also that there is a mistake on the marriage certificate,it says he was single when we got married, this is his second marriage,he was married in norway,outside of morocco.in all our documents it says divorced,whey would this be a mistake,he was single.this is so confusing!!! thanks very much.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:( I am starting to get really concerned about the proof of our relationship.... ???

I have been reading so much here about how many emails and cards and letters and visits and Skype... we communicate exclusively on msn as all cyber cafes there have msn and most dont have skype. How do I show the saved logs of conversations? (Short bits of conversation because we speak verbally to each other mostly) Also, I mentioned before that my computer crashed last Dec so I lost all my conversations from Jan 2009 to Dec 2009 :'( I know he has saved all the correspondence from the site we met on and emails but this is a very large amount of time that was lost on msn!! Mind you I visited him during this time. I have all emails from the time we met...but these emails were usually just a short hello and brief but almost daily and they taper off dramatically after we started talking on msn because we actually talked instead of having to write...

When I got my computer in Jan '09 we started on msn right away. And we talked every chance we got. He was working 2 jobs at that time...so it was usually Sat and Sun. Then he had the summer off and I went to visit, his second job did not come through after the summer and he had only 1 part time job so we started talking almost everyday. He stopped texting me last Dec because it was too expensive for him. If we talk on the phone we use phone cards and it is generally just a few precious minutes because it costs much for him to get 3 minutes of time. So phone calls are not logged with our actual phone numbers. He has sent gifts twice, I have sent 3 times...I lost the boxes when someone came to help after my surgery. He and his family sent gifts home with me from my trip.

I am a single parent and he has a low paying part time job so we don't have money to be able to send lots of cards and gifts and SMS and such. I have explained before why I could not visit this year...due to surgery.

I occasionally correspond with 2 of his sisters. One on Facebook and another by a few emails. I also stayed with 3 of his sisters while I was visiting and his mother was with us in all places as well except El Jadida where we stayed with his oldest sister. Does this help that I met and stayed with his family??
He also speaks with my Mum online whenever I visit her and with my daughter...when she wants too of course. He has spoken with a friend via msn and a few through Facebook as well. They are all aware of our intention to marry and his 2 brothers inlaw are going to assist us when we are there in Jan with the marriage.
We cannot have a large party because of time and money constraints so we will just have a meal with the family that is closest to Kenitra.... of course I will get photos of everything...

So as of this moment we see each other everyday for at least 1 hour...usually at least 1.5 hours and this is spent talking or sharing music and videos. We talk about plans for the future and preparing for a new life. I try to explain different aspects of culture here that are different or unusual. I occasionally break down .. because this is so hard for me...I want him to be here and to interact with my daughter on a personal level and to do things as a family and get away from this stupid machine. We joke about this often...how when he is here the computer will just collect dust while we are doing things as a family finally.

All this to say...will we really be able to prove that we actually have a REAL relationship ?? That we love each other very much and that we cannot imagine our lives apart? We have communicated the way we do, first of all, to be able to see each other and speak but also because it is the most economical. We are trying to save as much as we both can for the wedding and for the expense of the application and PR.

I am worried for this. My daughter is only 9 and I believe it is 18 before she can tell her father where she wants to live and he has no more say...I can't live 9 years apart from him...although I know people here that have spent almost this time and I don't know how you do it!!

Anyway...sorry for the long winded message...just trying to get some things off my chest and I know there are people here that understand how this all feels...so please bare with me and pray please...lots of prayer and I am praying for you all as well.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
2 quick questions...

1. When you sign a marriage certificate...do you sign with your maiden name or your married name? (I am not planning on changing my name right away here but do intend to change it)

2. If I sign the marriage certificate with my married name...do I put my maiden name on the forms since all my ID for immigration is going to be in my maiden name until I can change it. Will this cause confusion?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Women in Morocco don't change their names when they get married so the marriage contract will be in your maiden name and that's how you sign. There is no expectation from CIC for you to change your name after you marry a Moroccan so get all of the immigration matters settled before you go about changing your name on your ID.