+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramadan Mobarak Karim my friends.

Hi dair2dv8. Everything hopeful sent you is correct. Canadians don't have a national card. Birth certificate and passport for us.

If you send me your email by private message, I can send you my affidavit WITH the accents. (Hopeful, you are TOO funny!) If I recall correctly, taking this affidavit to the Canadian Consulate results in you receiving two papers. One for your nationality and the other being the non-impediment for marriage. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, there will be a lot of nay-sayers out there. And believe me, the road you've chosen is not easy. I'm so happy with my husband and we are as madly in love as ever BUT there have been many struggles both before and AFTER he arrived in Canada. My experience offers just two pieces of advice for you: Trust your instincts and listen to that little voice in the back of your head. It's always right. And secondly, keep the lines of communication open at all times. Even when you are arguing. That's normal for any couple. But you MUST keep talking or there is no way to fix your problems or to learn about each other.

Life is a risk. Everyday you open your eyes and set your feet on the ground,you are taking a risk. But some risks are bigger than others and marrying someone who lives so far away from you in another culture is one of the bigger ones you will take in your life. The Dalai Lama says that great love and great achievement involve great risk. I've found that to be true in my life. Best of luck to you.

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
hopeful_waiting said:
I had to bring one canadian embassy asked for one also.. Now I don't know if others had to or not but mine reads and it is in french notarized PLEASE KEEP IN MIND FRENCH WORDS ARENT EXACT COMPUTER WONT LET ME add accents BUT WHEN YOU GET IT NOTORIZED MAKE SURE WORDS ARE CORRECT

CANADA ) Affadvit de confirmation
PROVINCE D ONTARIO ) dans l affaire de (Husbands Name)

Je, le soussigne (name), fais preter serment a presence dèun Notaire Publique comme suite:,

FAIS PRETER SERMENT A PRESENCE DèUN NOTAIRE PUBLIQUE COMME SUITE:

1. Je suis Canadienne ne a (City name), en Ontario, (date of birth) . Ci- joint est une copie de mon certificat de naissance canadien;

2 Mon adresse actuelle est de(House number and street name).(City, en Ontario (Postal Code) Canada;

3 Je declare que mon numero de passeport est et etait (your passport number) emis de la part du goverment du Canada sur Date issued. Ci joint et une copie;

4 Je (Your Name) assument lèentiere responsabilitie de mon futur conjoint (Husbands full name) ou il reside au Canada

5 Je certifie que mon futur epoux est que l information (husband name ) qui est ne husbands date of birth dans Maroc et reside a l addresse de ( husbands complete addess) Numero d indentification ( his card national number starts with X )

6 Je certifie que tous les renseignements mentionnes son veridique et exact

Fait et signee le (#) (Month) Year and palce where it was signed and notoriozed

Have notorizer name and address stamp on it ,, also put with letter a copie of Birth certiciate and copie of passport also notorized by him

Birth certificate is our card of nationality along with Canadian Passport As for paperwork you go to canadian embassy fill out all paperwork they give in 48 hrs back capacitie of marriage and another paper

prehaps.. lois lane or rejessome and hoping75 can help or give further details.. they all helped me ..

Have a good day hope it helps
I also forgot to tell you that number 7 says that I was divorced but now I am able to marry there are no other obligations or questions it has finalized so in your 7 you should put that you are able to marry and have never married there are no obligations

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
rjessome said:
Ramadan Mobarak Karim my friends.

Hi dair2dv8. Everything hopeful sent you is correct. Canadians don't have a national card. Birth certificate and passport for us.

If you send me your email by private message, I can send you my affidavit WITH the accents. (Hopeful, you are TOO funny!) If I recall correctly, taking this affidavit to the Canadian Consulate results in you receiving two papers. One for your nationality and the other being the non-impediment for marriage. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, there will be a lot of nay-sayers out there. And believe me, the road you've chosen is not easy. I'm so happy with my husband and we are as madly in love as ever BUT there have been many struggles both before and AFTER he arrived in Canada. My experience offers just two pieces of advice for you: Trust your instincts and listen to that little voice in the back of your head. It's always right. And secondly, keep the lines of communication open at all times. Even when you are arguing. That's normal for any couple. But you MUST keep talking or there is no way to fix your problems or to learn about each other.

Life is a risk. Everyday you open your eyes and set your feet on the ground,you are taking a risk. But some risks are bigger than others and marrying someone who lives so far away from you in another culture is one of the bigger ones you will take in your life. The Dalai Lama says that great love and great achievement involve great risk. I've found that to be true in my life. Best of luck to you.
Yes you are correct I thought it was those papers also but didn't want to tell that if i was wrong ,,lol and rejessome and all ramadam maroubrak

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Ramadan Karim!

Just thought I'd share that I just got home from the mosque with my mother in law. It was a beautiful evening here in Casablanca, and an amazing night to pray out under the stars mashallah!

This road has been more challenging than I ever imagined, and there are so many bumps ahead, it is overwhelming. Nights like tonight make it a little easier.

Peace and love to all during this blessed month!

Locolynn

kbor

Aug 14, 2010
hi everybody...Ramadan mobarak for all muslem people around the world.
I am from morocco i came to canada three years ago and ive became a canadian citizen and now im trying to bring my brother here to live with me i hear of many story's of people bringing their families here but the question is if can bring him here and how ,knowing that he is over 26yrs old please help me !!
i appreciate your help thank u

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
kbor said:
hi everybody...Ramadan mobarak for all muslem people around the world.
I am from morocco i came to canada three years ago and ive became a canadian citizen and now im trying to bring my brother here to live with me i hear of many story's of people bringing their families here but the question is if can bring him here and how ,knowing that he is over 26yrs old please help me !!
i appreciate your help thank u
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives.asp

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi everybody there
i hope everything is doing good with all of you
well,i think i have a problem,,,as i said before i'm being sponsored by my Canadian wife who is from newfoundland,she sent our application on June,and a few days later she called the post office there at newfoundland to see if Mississauga has received it,then they answered,yes,so,it got received on 18th June,since then,my wife didn't get any letter from them to say that they have the application and they start treating it or something,we just being waiting and waiting,she called them,and that agent told her that he can see the application received,but he doesn't know anything about it,ouhhh,,,so who else knows about it?!!!!it is really strange,well we told each other we should give it more time,till yesterday,we decided to try and check it on line,with the receipt number(IMM5401),we couldn't get anything,it just kept saying,they don't have any file with that information,we tried over and over again,and still nothing.
i'm wondering now,why my wife hasn't gotten any letter from Mississauga,as a confirmation that they received the application,i really don't know what is going on,it's almost 2 months now that it's there and we don't know anything about it
i hope there is something you can tell me and it can help,please guys
Mohamed

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Hello everyone...

@ hopeful - I have never been married so I won't need divorce papers and such ... but I will add a line to state that I am single. I will also send you a message to your inbox.

@ rjessome - I received your email and thank you. I have not been able to look at it as I have one of those lovely computers that had a limited time subscription for word and other documents...so I will open it at work and print it off there.

@ gladiateur19 - from the hundreds of posts I have read on here I don't think they will send you anything. If it has been 2 months have you tried seeing if it has arrived in Rabat yet? I am certainly no expert...I am relatively new here myself and just in the process of getting married to a moroccan man in Jan...but just from what I have seen here you may not get any letter from them...I do think it is unusual that no one can tell you anything about it though...I pray you are able to find out insha'allah. All the best!!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hello everyone...

@ hopeful - I have never been married so I won't need divorce papers and such ... but I will add a line to state that I am single. I will also send you a message to your inbox.

@ rjessome - I received your email and thank you. I have not been able to look at it as I have one of those lovely computers that had a limited time subscription for word and other documents...so I will open it at work and print it off there.

@ gladiateur19 - from the hundreds of posts I have read on here I don't think they will send you anything. If it has been 2 months have you tried seeing if it has arrived in Rabat yet? I am certainly no expert...I am relatively new here myself and just in the process of getting married to a moroccan man in Jan...but just from what I have seen here you may not get any letter from them...I do think it is unusual that no one can tell you anything about it though...I pray you are able to find out insha'allah. All the best!!
what do you mean you think they wont send me anything???i dont understand,,,please explain,,,
and why i may not get any letter from them????what would be the reason,,,,
i really dont understand what u wanted to say,,
thank you for more explainign please

kbor

Aug 14, 2010
this is for gladiateur19 first you need to be patient its only been two months and you are already kinda reaching wanting to hear something ...i know some people they have been waiting over 3 or 4 months just to hear something so be patient and let things take their places..i know how you feel right now because i have been there myself too so dont get me wrong but the process of your paper work its going to take lil bit of time before u hear anything ...try to enjoy your life while your there cus as soon as u get here the freezing cold gonna freeze your ass lol.
Good luch buddy

kbor

Aug 14, 2010
anybody here can tell me if they ever hear of someone who sponsored their brothers or sister to canada over the age of 18 like i said before my bro he is over 26 and i really want him here with me so please any suggestion or something to help me out thanks

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
@ gladiateur

I simply mean that from what I have read here ... they do not just send letters that they have received it.. of course they will contact you about any decisions and such...I meant simply that they will not send something to say they received it...besides you said you already know they received it so as kbor said...try to relax...2 months is a short time from what I hear...but it also says on one site I read that it takes about 42 days to process at Mississauga and then it is sent to Rabat and from there you will hear from them in Rabat.

I could be wrong and certainly if anyone knows better please correct me and help to bring some relief to gladiateur...

I am guessing it is just that it has not been long enough and you will hear something soon insha'allah

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
gladiateur19 said:
hi everybody there
i hope everything is doing good with all of you
well,i think i have a problem,,,as i said before i'm being sponsored by my Canadian wife who is from newfoundland,she sent our application on June,and a few days later she called the post office there at newfoundland to see if Mississauga has received it,then they answered,yes,so,it got received on 18th June,since then,my wife didn't get any letter from them to say that they have the application and they start treating it or something,we just being waiting and waiting,she called them,and that agent told her that he can see the application received,but he doesn't know anything about it,ouhhh,,,so who else knows about it?!!!!it is really strange,well we told each other we should give it more time,till yesterday,we decided to try and check it on line,with the receipt number(IMM5401),we couldn't get anything,it just kept saying,they don't have any file with that information,we tried over and over again,and still nothing.
i'm wondering now,why my wife hasn't gotten any letter from Mississauga,as a confirmation that they received the application,i really don't know what is going on,it's almost 2 months now that it's there and we don't know anything about it
i hope there is something you can tell me and it can help,please guys
Mohamed
you have confirmation from the post office that the letter was received in Mississauga so nothing to worry about, it wont be long before your wife receives a letter saying she has been accepted as a sponsor and that your file will be sent to Rabat,
its a longggggg process you cant get too anxious or it will drive you crazy...i'm sure she will hear something within the next couple of weeks....try and keep busy with fun things to occupy your mind best of luck

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladiateur19, Don't worry, your wife should be getting that letter your asking about. usually that takes 30 days. I'm sure she will recieve something soon:) Then after Rabat receives it they will send You a letter as well. I hope I helped some, I know how you feel. Sign NAtive

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
kbor said:
this is for gladiateur19 first you need to be patient its only been two months and you are already kinda reaching wanting to hear something ...i know some people they have been waiting over 3 or 4 months just to hear something so be patient and let things take their places..i know how you feel right now because i have been there myself too so dont get me wrong but the process of your paper work its going to take lil bit of time before u hear anything ...try to enjoy your life while your there cus as soon as u get here the freezing cold gonna freeze your ass lol.
Good luch buddy
hello kebbor,,,im talking about mississauga dear friend,and not the ambassy here,i already know how long it takes here,i do have a brother and friends who got married with canadian women and i was with them while they were waiting
but when i said 2 months,i meant mississauga,,,what u just said,is a bit weird for me that there was people waitinf 4 months to know if they are being acepted to sponsor theire spouse or not,,,sorry,,,but it really looks weird,i never heard about that,,,but i heard about people waiting over then a year for the ambassy at theire contries to make a dicision and call them to let them know what they have decided,
anyway,,thank you very much for your message,,,i know im going to hear something good soon inshallah