+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

MrsBinx

Nov 13, 2009
Does anyone know if there is a number I can call to ask questions about my husbands up-coming interview? I call the main embassy number and just get put through an automated loop.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
FamilyMan said:
Hi All,

A question concerning the interview...

When my wife was called and informed about her interview date - she was told nothing about bringing a passport or police certificate or anything else.

Bringing a passport to any visa office would probably be common sense but it was only from going through these threads that I came across information about taking a police certificate over. Is this a requirement or only some people need to take it with them? If it is a requirement, why would the visa office assume that we would know to bring a police clearance certificate to the visa office?

On a side note, my wife told me that the representative that called to let her know about the appointment was one of the rudest people she has ever spoken to. I guess the rudenenss and indimidation starts from here rather than at the interview
she needs to take her passport and her ID card it will be returned to her at the end of the interview...

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
isabelleYasmina said:
Anyone from New Brunswick who has a moroccan husband or wife?
Hi Isabelle, I still cant PM you. Glad all is will!!!!!!!!!! email me at quietandconfidential@hotmail.com if you like. You and your husband were the first people I chatted with when I started this process.

So glad you're happy!

MrsBinx

Nov 13, 2009
Silly question but is the interview held at the same building that we go to get our capacity of marriage? or is it at the other building in Rabat?

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
It is at the next building below where you receive the capacite de marriage.

Good luck with everything

MrsBinx said:
Silly question but is the interview held at the same building that we go to get our capacity of marriage? or is it at the other building in Rabat?

true-love

Star Member
Nov 4, 2009
i want say thanks lot to rjessome and native and hoping75 and amir00 am so glad to know you all and very tks for all you do to us i will never fogeth you brothers and sisters

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
Hi All,

As mentioned earlier, my wife received a call for a June 23rd interview. However, out of curiosity, I decided to go onto ECAS and see what the status was. For the past few months, it has been "In Process"

When i checked it today, it said "Decision Made" and when I clicked on it, it stated the following:

We started processing your application on January 20, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Now I am a bit confused. I can only assume decision made means that they have either accepted or rejected our application. If rejected, why are they even bothering to interview her? If accepted, then I guess they want to conduct an interview to clarify a bit more info but can I assume that if they have made a decision already and it's positive, then she would be able to find out on the day of the interview if her visa has been approved?

Have others had similar statuses where once they were called for an interview, their status was changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

true-love

Star Member
Nov 4, 2009
congratulatin familyman hello brother if it say A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. a June 23rd she will get her visa its for sure congratulation again

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello brothers and sisters ....i guess it's my turn now...i being waiting 7 almost 7 months and my wife was here for the thirsd time with me...and the day of leaving in airport ,was so so so .....u know the rest my friends..anyhow i have to work hard right now to fix things and my wife is very stressed out with immigration and i understand that...so anyone here who can help i will apreciate....do i have to let rabat know about my wife's third coming by sending them a mail "courrier" with itenary papers and ticketrs plus our last photos...? or i just have to wait till my time come and keep my mouth shut till they call me....because i really dont know what to do and i need help ...in the letter they said 6 months and right now it's 7 months ....so any help will be a great step for me and thank's again.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
newhusband said:
hello brothers and sisters ....i guess it's my turn now...i being waiting 7 almost 7 months and my wife was here for the thirsd time with me...and the day of leaving in airport ,was so so so .....u know the rest my friends..anyhow i have to work hard right now to fix things and my wife is very stressed out with immigration and i understand that...so anyone here who can help i will apreciate....do i have to let rabat know about my wife's third coming by sending them a mail "courrier" with itenary papers and ticketrs plus our last photos...? or i just have to wait till my time come and keep my mouth shut till they call me....because i really dont know what to do and i need help ...in the letter they said 6 months and right now it's 7 months ....so any help will be a great step for me and thank's again.
send in all the proof that she visited this third time right away. make sure to keep copies of everything and also take it with you! 6 months is unusual interview is usually after 7 months, but some wait a year and more so dont get discouraged!!!!!!!!!! there is an end! best of luck!

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
newhusband said:
its not necessarily an approval....but very likely that it is.
best of luck!

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
The fact that it says medical received before it says decision made usually means an approval.

All those who had it written that way received their visa very quickly after the post on CIC.

My Husband got his call to pick up his Visa 3 days after it said medical received, decision made.

A refusal does not usually have medical received in the message, just decision made.

I wish you both the very best

FamilyMan said:
Hi All,

As mentioned earlier, my wife received a call for a June 23rd interview. However, out of curiosity, I decided to go onto ECAS and see what the status was. For the past few months, it has been "In Process"

When i checked it today, it said "Decision Made" and when I clicked on it, it stated the following:

We started processing your application on January 20, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Now I am a bit confused. I can only assume decision made means that they have either accepted or rejected our application. If rejected, why are they even bothering to interview her? If accepted, then I guess they want to conduct an interview to clarify a bit more info but can I assume that if they have made a decision already and it's positive, then she would be able to find out on the day of the interview if her visa has been approved?

Have others had similar statuses where once they were called for an interview, their status was changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 23rd is a Wednesday. That's the day they issue visas. They rarely do interviews on Wednesdays. Make sure your wife brings her passport with her. She may be coming home with a happy surprise.

I need to correct something that we have all thought to be true on this forum, even me. I have just learned of a refusal from Rabat where the applicant was given back all of their proof at the end of the interview. Since this thread started in 2007, it seemed that whenever the proof was given back at the end of the interview, it resulted in an approved visa. Not in this case. It is very sad for the couple involved and I'm sad for those still waiting who felt they could count on this as an indicator of approval. It's NOT the case. Big sigh! Wish I had better news about this.

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
hoping75, rjessome

Thank you for your responses and it is most certainly reassuring to know that the end may be within reach. Obviously I don't want to get my hopes up too high since with Immigration Canada - anything is possible.

I will keep you posted

Regards,

Irfan