+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

danesnpits

Dec 21, 2007
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
Hi group!! I just called CIC about me becoming a sponsor and if I would even be eligable. I talked to the councellor there and she said that since I was receiving social services benefits for disability that I can definately sponsor. I also asked about the marriage I had in Morocco under Islam Law if it is indeed recognized in Canada. She said it is recognized in Canada and I will not have to get remarried here in Canada again! I think now I will apply to have my name changed!!

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Wow - this group is growing bigger by the day... Welcome to the newcomers - and welcome to BC Penny!

Congratulations Cindy - such great news! I remember when you were starting this whole process... Only a few more days!!!

Raven and Adam - I've been thinking of you. There's been no news since Adam's meeting at the Embassy. I hope everything is ok....

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks Becca! I hope I'm included in the Moroccan get-together! My daughter and husband are moving to B.C. too in late Sept/early Oct. Happy Birthday!

Tracy, it's so good to hear from you! I was thinking of you today.

I am praying for Raven and Adam. I do hope they hear soon. It has been too long. It's enough to drive a Muslim to drink! (Thinking of the vodka Vesna.)

I'm off to Winnipeg on Friday to visit, and then on to B.C. on the 21st. I am going to get together with Hind, (who was on the forum before), and her husband, after I get settled into my new house.

Well, the next time I look on this forum, I expect to hear good news from you know who!

Penny

RoxanneAbdel

Feb 12, 2008
Hi everyone,

First, happy birthday Becca. I'm sorry, I didn't know when we spoke earlier. I'm praying for you. When Abdel and I spoke today he talked again about how nice your husband was and how helpful. We are sooo grateful! And I hope you are feeling better!!

Cindy, thank you so much for getting in touch with me! I'm really hoping I can help your husband's friends and family. I will be working some of the time I'm in Marrakech in July so if they want to set up a time to meet me for an interview, they can. Just let me know.

Becca & Cindy, thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge about the wedding process. It's so helpful to hear from someone who has been through it! I know you both navigated the waters alone and I promise to pay it forward as soon as I've been through it too. You ladies are the best.

Roxanne

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
hi all

the time has come, he got the call this morning and his interview is in 2 weeks ~ April 21 at 8 Am, i'm still waiting for him to forward me the email he got from immigration, once i get that i'll post what they said to him :) i'm so excited, now its just time to wait for that day to come and then to wait again to hear back if he gets the visa, if all works out, he will find out while i'm down there for my summer holiday :) i cant even concentrate on my work right now...hehe

Dorcas

hoping75 your husband should be getting a call soon seeing as how they started his processing almost the same time as ours

cheers

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
HI Dorcas,

I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you .
It is even sooner than I imagined it would be. I wish your Husband all the luck in the world with his interview. I'm sure he will be coming home with you.

Thank you so much for the information.
You have me nervous now too. LOL

Have a great Day. You just made my day better.

Thank you again

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
hi hoping75

I sure hope he will be flying back with me, if he does i think i'll stay a extra couple of days in ottawa before heading up north with him for his first time ~

i hope you hear something this week, if not i hope its next week ! fingers crossed

have a great day also ~
Dorcas

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Dorcas,

Thank you for the encouraging news.

I really do believe that he will go home with you . The timing seems to be just right.
So I will say in Advance, Enjoy your Time in Ottawa. LOL

I pray that my Husband gets his call soon. Your news has brought me hope that it will be soon.

Thanks again

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooow

He has the visa in hand, he leaves tomorrow and gets here friday Incha Alah. It's happening, it's really happening.....I need to be pinched.

I hope everyone gets this feeling soon.

Raven, I'm so sorry to hear that, another 2 months! Be strong.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm so excited I feel sick.

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
wow congrats CDAGE79 i guess today is the day for good news :) i'm so happy for you ~ how long after his interview did he wait to find out of he is getting his visa?? just would like to know so i know roughly how long we will wait to find out if he will get one or not :)

Cheers
Dorcas

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Cindy,

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you
Congratulations

Tell your Husband Welcome to Canada

Let the good news keep on coming

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi Dorcas,

His interview was on March 19th he was told at the interview he was accepted. He got the call to pick up his Visa on April 29th and picked it up today. For some reason they needed proof that I'd never been married before and it took the canadian gov. 2 weeks to get this to me so this probably delayed us by 2 weeks. I beleive the standard wait is 3-4 weeks after the interview.

Good Luck and speedy processing to you!

Cindy
:) :) :)

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Congrats Cindy. I am sooooo jealous.

Congrats Dorcas, I hope they give your husband an answer after the interview. I dont wish what I am going through on anyone else.

It is now day 10 after the interview without an answer. I have been off of work the last couple of days, physically ill from the stress of all this. Why won't they just give us an answer. There is no age difference between my hubby and I, no children, we have known each other for 2.5 years. We have provided oodles of proof from over the lat 2.5 years of our relationship. I just don't know what the problem is.

Terribly depressed and disillusioned.

Becca

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
becca i hope that you will get news soon, i know the feeling of having to wait, i hate it as well, and yet i'll be waiting to hear how his interview goes in 2 weeks, i'm just a little worried too cause i wrote on our application that i had a common law for 5 years (but was together with him for 11 years) before and i'm not sure how they will take that... just hoping he does well in his interview...

praying for you all to hear good news soon

taima (bye)
Dorcas

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Hi everyone, boy has it been busy on here sorry haven't been around lately been working so don't have much time lately. I am so happy to see somemore have gotten their interviews and visas this is so exciting I am so happy for everyone, still waiting for our turn which of course probably won't be for awhile yet. I am hating how long it is taking Rabat to move on things these are peoples lives they have here and we are nothing but numbers to them they make me so mad. I wish I could go see my husband we miss each other so much, but no can do. Well everyone take care and congrates to all that got their calls and visas I hope you have a safe and good trip to your loved ones and a good interview for those that are going for interviews. My prayers are with everyone.