November 2013
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
CLAUDIA P said:
I am planning the welcome surprise to my husband.

I would like to know what Moroccan husband would like to have when he will be back to Canada after one year and half?
I need some really nice and beautiful ideas from men and women. I want to surprise my husband with something that Moroccan men like!!!!
I really appreciate your help.

Please send me an e mail with your ideas. My e mail is claudia.lopez @ rocketmail.com

Thanks

Claudia

first of all, no one would know your husband better than you and you will be the only one that knows what your husband likes and what he doesn't like and what is his taste of things and what he love, but we can help you out still with some ideas :)

Moroccan men are the same as the rest of men around the world about gifts and stuff like that, gonna show you some things that your husband gonna appreciate :

- a new book of the Holy Quran + a new Prayer mat (include both as one gift)
- prepare your home for him and make your home have the things that he likes to be in home
- a reservation in a nice hotel for one or two nights for you both (like taking him for a trip to a place he likes to be in)
- buying him a new clothing for the official or unofficial occasions like a suit or any other kind of clothing that he likes to wear
- a dinner in a romantic restaurant on candlelight
- electronic gifts, like laptops, cell phones, PlayStation & watches
- cologne and skin care after shave and deodorant

and the best gift is MUCH OF LOVE :)

these are my suggestions, and hopefully one of these ideas can helping you in welcoming your husband back to Canada.

best of luck :)

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
ArlJam

First of all, I would like to say Thank you very much for your ideas and advice. Those were good ideas and helped me a lot.
I hope the embassy will call u soon and this way you will be with your wife soon. Inshaallah.

I hope you, your wife and us will meet one day.

About the paper that you asked, it was one paper from USA that the embassy forgot to asked us to get it. So, they asked my husband for that paper and re do the medical examns at the same time. This was before Christmas time.

Well , now i am worry because you re do the medical examns before my husband and you have not heard about them yet.

I had the hope my husband would come this month but after i read your message , I realized it would not be soon. I pray to God this process will finish soon.

Good luck for you and I hope they will call you soon.

Thanks for the information, it is good to be updated.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all...how nice to find a place where others share your circumstances and everyone is so helpful!

Claudia P I suggest maybe finding a nice teapot and glasses to make tea for your hubby, I know Moroccan men love their chai and kahuwa! I told my hubby I wanted to make tea for him when he comes home after he comes over here and he nearly melted! There are plenty of recipes on the net but basically it's just boiled water that has rested, green tea, mint leaves and sugar!

Question....just submitted the whole application Dec 24. What is the average time it takes to receive AOR and is it sent by mail or email?
Such a nerve-racking time...did I forget anything? Did I leave something blank? What if I'm missing something? I know you all know what I'm talking about!

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
wow, its been long time since I was here. Glad to see things are happening, alhamdulillah.

Amira I am so happy for you, inchallah any day now you will be here in Canada with your husband.

Claudia, I am sure you can think of something, please don't take this as something negative, because it is not. what you are asking is very personal thing and best not discussed in public forum. And especially you should not be discuss your husbands likes and dislikes, its best to keep things private and as required in Islam. allah knows best.

Goatloave, okhti :-* :-* :-* I am so happy for both of you. Inchallah one day we all meet in Morocco for reunion hhhh

Anyone planning travel to morocco as Arljam noted, RAM is on sale, so if you are close to Montreal that is a great price, however if you are out west BC, Alberta KLM has a great deal. I just booked with them Calgary to Marrakech $1060 (all inclusive), I prefer flying to Marrakech because my husband is in Safi, so much closer for us than Casa. hamdulillah only few weeks to go and inchallah i will be there.

habeeb, welcome, merhaba. This is indeed a great place. congratulations on your marriage and getting the application in. I suspect you should get your sponsor approval within a month, if you gave CIC an e-mail address they will e-mail you with an AOR. They do it quite late in the game, so don't worry. Inchallah by mid Feb your file should be already in Rabat.

Arljam, what is taking sooooooooooooo long???? jamali must be going crazy hhhhh inchallah soon you will get some news.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shokran jomz and you must be so excited to have booked your flight! I am booking soon inshallah and can't wait to see hubby again. It will be 6 months since I saw him and we married and it's been very difficult to be apart as everyone hear knows painfully well. Thank you for the info I did provide email address that makes things much easier. I can't believe how strict Canada is and yet they give the impression to the world they have an open immigration policy and encourage a multicultural society and yet I know some people whose stories show otherwise. But I must be thankful we even have the chance to apply for our loved ones to come here and live.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
La shokran ala wajib okhti. :) If you have any questions please ask, here or if you want in private message. Inchallah I can help with what knowledge I have so far. I applied for my husband in October, file is in Rabat, and we will just wait and see how long. Posted times show 8 months processing from time file is in Rabat, some have it done sooner, some later, it is hard to predict, the best thing is to be patient. and sometimes unfortunately decision made is refusal so that is always possibility and best to have plan B in a what if scenario.

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
I hope all of you are doing well!!!!!

I am so happy for those who got their visa. I wish all of you the best with their husbands/wives. Welcome to Canada!!!!

Does anyone of you have re done the medical examns? When?

After how many weeks (after you re done the medical examns) did the V.O. contact you?

I really appreciated if you have an answer for these questions.

Have a great day

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O yes patience is definitely required in this process and it helps to know I am not alone in this, we are all waiting. I know there is no way to predict, some in 4 or 6 months others 9 months or a year. I pray for speed for all those waiting.

jomz, I hate to think about it but you are so right about having a plan B. I was touched by reading habibti's story and how they were refused and had to appeal. She mentioned using an immigration consultant, is that your plan B also? Do you think they are better or worse than a lawyer? I wonder if anyone has successfully appealed on their own without outside help? I heard that if you appeal you are almost guaranteed approval but I suppose it depends on the reasons for the denial.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
habeeb said:
O yes patience is definitely required in this process and it helps to know I am not alone in this, we are all waiting. I know there is no way to predict, some in 4 or 6 months others 9 months or a year. I pray for speed for all those waiting.

jomz, I hate to think about it but you are so right about having a plan B. I was touched by reading habibti's story and how they were refused and had to appeal. She mentioned using an immigration consultant, is that your plan B also? Do you think they are better or worse than a lawyer? I wonder if anyone has successfully appealed on their own without outside help? I heard that if you appeal you are almost guaranteed approval but I suppose it depends on the reasons for the denial.
I did not use a consultant or a lawyer. Our plan B is to live in Morocco for a while, and move to somewhere's in Europe, I hold a EU passport so I can live and work anywhere in Europe, and under european union rules my husband can reside with me, and is given an immediate work permit (2 week wait time), after 5 years of residency in whatever european country we automatically become permament residents and are enrolled in whatever pension benefits, etc that country has. these are just plans hhhh, whatever happens in the end is Allah's will. I'd love to stay here only for the purpose of being here for my parents, as they are getting older and I am the only family they have in Canada. In case of my husband's refusal, my parents already said they support me 10000000% to move to Morocco or wherever else, and in the end, they will also relocate back to Europe.

To be honest if we do get refused, I most likely would not file an appeal, my husband told me, if we are refused than it means Allah has different plan for us, and there is good reason we are not to live in Canada. My husband is a very religious man I agree with him, and accept Allah's will. I don't question it, I just accept it.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jomz said:
La shokran ala wajib okhti. :) If you have any questions please ask, here or if you want in private message. Inchallah I can help with what knowledge I have so far. I applied for my husband in October, file is in Rabat, and we will just wait and see how long. Posted times show 8 months processing from time file is in Rabat, some have it done sooner, some later, it is hard to predict, the best thing is to be patient. and sometimes unfortunately decision made is refusal so that is always possibility and best to have plan B in a what if scenario.
It is good to have a plan B, it is hard to get motivated to continue on, but with the support from this group it is very possible to continue. I was very sad when we got the refusal, but great family and friends here helped me get on track and continue with our journey to be together as one as we wanted.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Terry73 said:
It is good to have a plan B, it is hard to get motivated to continue on, but with the support from this group it is very possible to continue. I was very sad when we got the refusal, but great family and friends here helped me get on track and continue with our journey to be together as one as we wanted.
terry73, Hope you and your hubby are coping well, and the kiddies? Have you had any news from IAD yet or the blue book?

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Keep in faith, my friends. Allah will know what is best for all of us. We only have to trust in Him.

Hugs and support to all of you in this process.

kaboom786

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabaat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24th Sept 2013
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21st Jan 2014
Hello,
My wife ( whom I'm sponsoring ) in morocco, received an email from someone with an email ending with @ international.gc.ca.
It has the following message in the body :

"Bonjour,

Votre époux doit régler les droits d'établissement (490 $) pour que nous puissions finaliser le dossier.

Merci

Salutations"

According to google translation it's asking to pay the $490 "settlement fee"(?) in order to finalize the file. I know ts actually RPRF, but is this a good sign or just one of that embassy's normal practice? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

And yes that is all they asked for in the email. No passport or interview has been requested yet.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
kaboom786 said:
Hello,
My wife ( whom I'm sponsoring ) in morocco, received an email from someone with an email ending with @ international.gc.ca.
It has the following message in the body :

"Bonjour,

Votre époux doit régler les droits d'établissement (490 $) pour que nous puissions finaliser le dossier.

Merci

Salutations"

According to google translation it's asking to pay the $490 "settlement fee"(?) in order to finalize the file. I know ts actually RPRF, but is this a good sign or just one of that embassy's normal practice? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

And yes that is all they asked for in the email. No passport or interview has been requested yet.
I am not 100% sure, but I think when they start processing the file they make sure they have everything, this fee, being one of the things. So once they have it, they will continue with the process. I asked a friend who was sponsored her moroccan husband, and she said they asked her for the payment, after she had interview and in 1 month after interview she received call to come with her passport to get the visa. her husband applied for her in November 2011 and their process was completed in 7 months, she landed in July 2012.

Based on your timeline I think you will have more news 1 months after you make the payment. Either interview or no interview. In Rabat they never ask to send passport by post, at least I never heard of them requesting it like some other visa offices do.