+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
question for those of you who have already landed in canada or your spouses landed in canada and the first point of entry was montreal:
if you had 2.5 hours to connect a flight from there, would you make it through getting your bags, immigration etc.?
how long did it take you to get through immigration and what kinds of questions did they ask, what did they do etc.?
we have found a cheap Porter Airways flight from montreal - toronto (thanks to vesna!) but it leaves at 9:15 and it's their last flight of the day, and the royal air maroc flight gets in only at 6:45. i'm really nervous about this but we've discovered there are no buses that leave late enough, except a horrific sounding one that leaves at midnight and takes a full 12 HOURS (normally a 7-9 hour run by bus)!! and sadly the last train is 6:15pm. our finances are limited so we can't afford to stay overnight anywhere.
we'd be appreciative of any ideas and experiences you are willing to share.
thanks everyone!
(thanks adnane for the good wishes, we appreciate it!)

val

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Val,
I am so happy for you and your Husband. It is so nice to hear that your wait is at the final stretch, and your lives together is about to begin. I wish you the best, and a great future.

God bless

Good luck to all that are still waiting to be with their Loves.

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi Val,

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you that the wait is over. But why are you flying through Montreal? Why not use Air France and do the Casa to Paris to Toronto jump? It's usually cheaper then Royal Air Maroc.

Cindy

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Hi Cindy,
Take a look at flights and you will see that it is NOT cheaper at all right now. Vesna and I were talking about this last night. There are no bargains at all, we've been checking a gazillion different sites online and we're blown away. Believe it or not, Royal Air Maroc is the best deal. I think we'll just take the risk on his connecting flight because it's so much better as an option in every way.
thanks hoping75 for your nice message : )
Val

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Congratulations to all who have just gone through interviews and have been approved visas. Now your lives together will start shortly. I am so happy that the long wait for all is finally almost over.

Hey Cindy, question for you??? You are looking for cheap flights to fly into which city again??

I work with a large travel tour operator in Toronto..i don't mind looking into air fare for you. I don't work on commission and we have direct agreements with the airlines...so if you want just let me know..my work email is ibastias@skylinkcanada.com and another thing just remember that sometimes it is better to buy a return ticket from Morocco than a one way and not use the return back.

I hope to be buying Jamal's ticket soon, insha llah we get the call for the interview soon..as it seems that things in Rabat are moving very quickly this year.I can't wait for him to come here..even though at the same time i want the snow to leave before he comes i dont think he will be able to handle this terrible cold .

Anyways, good luck to all of us who are still awaiting an answer.

Indira

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
salam everybody
sorry i whrite late , i m so happy for you BorasRaven , in chalah your call soon to pick up your visa , i hope for you all the hapeness,
oh Waiting one so great news congratulation , soon you settle down with your love , i wish for you too all the hapeness , and for all in the forum, for me i took my Visa last wedensday 05/03/2008 , they took our passport at around 08:20 am then they asked us to come back at 13.30 PM , and the rest at 15.00 pm , it was so long day , but ahamdolah , then they make us enter to embassy and they gave us each one there enveloppe witch is the visa and one other dcument we will give to them in airopre canada, they explain for us eveythg then we got out from embassy , alhamdolah i feel happy that i wil be with my husband soon , just a few days then we will go back together to vancouver , for my husband he did the air france he found it good, i hope for all the rest who still waiting the best of luck ;
i want to thkx all in the forum for all there support , and i m so happy that i knew all of you , i m so glad for that , it s realy so helpful , we share our feeling of waiting and we share deffrents information that really help me and all, thk you all so mutch, i wish for you all the happeness ,
i want to say special thks to PENNY for creat this email i wish for her all the hapeness ,
and good luck who still waiting for intervew or for Visa , in cha alah soon you will all hear from embassy good news, thk you all ,
salam ,
NoonaAmeen

canopy

Mar 2, 2008
Congratulations Val on your good news.

I'll be flying to Morocco in April and I found a flight at flightcentre.ca with Alitalia for $805 (tax included).

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks everybody for the good wishes!
I was in a retreat for work all day so just got the chance to read all this.

Indira, I just emailed you but of course you are likely finished work now.
We ended up going ahead and buying the Royal Air Maroc one way ticket because the deal was good, and now we just need the Montreal-Toronto part. Porter's flights end too early in the evening for us so despite the good deal, I think we will end up going with Air Canada. A little more money and we have to go to Pearson, which is not as convenient, but I can't come up with a better option-- Westjet also ends too early in the evening. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!!

Val

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Hey Val,

What i managed to find was the porter flight you are talking about that leaves at 915pm at a fare of CAD210.00with taxes ...or i also found you Air Canada that departs a little later as in 11pm getting into Toronto 25 minutes past midnight for a fare of CAD270.00 taxes already included. The only problem with the fare is that it is an instant purchase fare...basically it needs to be issued the same day it is booked.
I hope this helps...and good luck...i really do not see much else...

Indira

And yes Alitalia is pretty much the cheapest right now to travel into Morocco, followed by Lufthansa/Air Canada. If i was to have left i would have been flying down with KLM and Royal Air Maroc since i needed to fly into Agadir, i would have been changing in Amsterdam and then in Casa Blanca. I also had to keep in mind an airline that offered reduced childrens fares and NO overnights anywhere on route.

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi Indira,

I'm not looking for flights yet. Thanks for the offer. Was just wondering if there was a special reason for flying RAM. Thought maybe there was an issue with connecting flights in other countries. Glad to see there isn't.

Thanks!
Cindy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Val,
My son-in-law flew Royal Air Maroc, because at that time, it was the cheapest, and easiest way for him to fly. I met him in Montreal and flew on with him to Winnipeg. Royal Air Maroc seems to always arrive late. If our flight on to Winnipeg hadn't been late as well, we would have missed it. When he comes through immigration into the waiting area, there is a counter on the left hand side where he leaves his luggage for them to put on the flight to Toronto. This is great if you have to run to make your Cdn. flight. Good luck!
Penny

asia007

Mar 10, 2008
Re: Sponsoring fiancee from Morocco

Hi there, I'm new to this entire forum and want to thank everyone for helping each other. It touches my heart that everyone hear makes a real effort to help the ladies in canada who want to sponsor their fiancees and those who are married their husbands from Morocco. My Moroccan boyfriend and I really love and care about each other and are discussing getting engaged in the very near future. I was looking to find out if it would be easier for me to sponsor him as my fiancee when we get engaged instead of waiting until we're married later to sponsor him as my husband. He is returning to Morocco at the end of this week from the U.S.A. His job there just finished. I really care about him and have been told that as a canadian citizen I do have the option to sponsor him as my fiancee. I would love it, if someone could help give me some information, I would greatly appreciate it. As I'm trying to learn about this whole topic, I could use all the information I could get. It would probably help before I start sponsoring my fiancee, as I would need to make sure that I have the correct information from the get-go. Thanks very much for reading this and wish everyone the best of luck sponsoring their fiancees and husbands from Morocco. Also, what is the approximate total cost to sponsor a fiancee/husband from Morocco? If anyone could help me with that, that would be great. I know this process will require an enormous amount of patience and staying in touch by letters, email, telephone and messenger but sometimes for true love to stay strong you need to sacrifice a little to be with the man that you love with the depth of your soul. I invite as much info as anyone can give me. thanks again and good luck to you all, Asia

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi Asia,
Welcome to the forum. It helps to have a spot to go to where everyone is going through the same thing. I would double check with immigration to find out if you can sponsor as a fiancee. I'm pretty sure that you can't. (unless you were common law spouses) But I could be wrong so I suggest calling their call center. The (CIC) Canadian Immigration webpage can answer all your questions including a costs calculator. It's the best way to be sure about the answers.

Cindy