+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
salam evrybody
oh waw great news desaperate i m so so happy for you , alhamdolah that waiting finish for you too , and your wife wil be with you and start your new life , with all hapeness in cha allah , , oh your wife wil collect her Visa the same as my date me too in 05/03, i m so happy for you so good news,
i cha alah i hope the good news keep comeing for all , good luck eveybody
NoonaAmeen

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Congratulations Desperate.

I am so happy for you both.

This is such great News. The good news just keeps coming for people on this forum.

I pray that everyone will get their good news quickly.

God Bless, and good luck to everyone.

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Salamo alaykom,
premierement je suis le mari de Indira, ça fais quelques jours que j'ais le numéro de notre dossier en Ambassade de canada en rabat.
je veus seulument savoir les étapes qui m'attendent?
S.V.P je veus les réponses de tous les personnes qui sont passer avant moi.

Merci beaucop

Jamal
mari de Indira

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Hi everyone, I just got married to my husband who lives in Casablanca, Morocco at the end of Aug. I am just now able to afford to send in the paperwork. We are hoping that it does not take too long for we have been appart since the begining of Sept. when I had to come back to Alberta. I did spend a wonderful month and one week with my husband and his family. And we took our honeymoon in Marrakech which was very nice. I had sent in my paperwork just to get it back because I was told that all I had to send in was mine and so then I had to wait for my husbands to come to me in the mail and it is finally here, so I can send them all in again. It is looking like we will have been married for a year before he is here with me. I wish I could afford to go back and visit with him and his family we talk all the time online either on video call of just chatting we get online together as much as we can when I am either home from work or first thing in the morning before I go to work. Anyone have any advice as to how long it will take to get all done and him be here?

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
i do not know how long will it take you, but i believe things are going pretty fast in Morocco right now.
If you can make sure you save all your conversation with your husband because they will ask how you comunicate with him.
Can you tell me if you went to visit him before you got married?

good Luck.

Pearl

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Well first and formost congratulations to all of you who have recently received your visas and now those who soon have their interview dates...soon all will be reunited with their loved ones.

Welcome on board, confused and lonely....as for processing times,things seem to be moving very quickly. My husband and i submitted our application form end of dec and now it is in Rabat as of 04FEB08. We are waiting for the interview date now..and i know how it is to be so far from the one you love. Jamal and I have been apart from one another since Nov 07 and it feels like an eternity already, even though we talk almost every night for hours via cam/mircro. I know others on here had to wait alot longer to finally get the result required.

So, i guess now is a good time to send off your application.

Best wishes to those who have their interview on the 3rd of March..our prayers are with you.

Indira

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
No I did not get to meet him in person till I went there to get married but we had spent so much time online together doing everything together I would watch him at work and he would watch me at home while I babysat that by the time I got there it was like we had known each other all of our lives. I had met his family online before going and they greeted me like I was already a member of the family. Will that cause a problem for us? Now we do things from sleeping online together just so we can still be close even though there are so many miles between us. Does anyone know what they ask at the interviews? I would love to know what I am going to be asked and I know my husband feels fine and not worried I am not worried but I would just like to know what is going to be asked is all. Thank you so much for all the information.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Confused and Lonely;

There is a lot of information on this thread (sponsoring husband from Morocco) that will likely help answer many of your questions. Many people in this forum have gone through and going through the same as you (myself included). As difficult as it is, patience is what you are going to need more than anything, as time moves so slowly when you are waiting for something so important. At the same time, when you are finally together - it will be a distant memory.

To get a better idea of processing times - many of us have posted our dates on another website that tracks the immigration process. You will find us at:

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

And do a search using the Rabat visa office.

It is not a problem at all to have met his family online before meeting in person. Immigration is looking for a genuine relationship - so if that includes his family - all the better for you both.

There are many many posts in this thread about questions asked at the interviews. It is pretty standardized, so don't worry - there is tons of information and support here.

Take care,

Tracy

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Thank you so much for all your help Tracy and Pearl I really appreciate it. I spent the one month and one week with my husband and his family he still lives with his family they are not well to do and either am I, his parents don't speak english but they were learning alot by the time I left and we all cried when it was time for me to come back to my sons. I didn't want to leave really I wanted to stay there even if I didn't understand what was being said half the time but I was starting to be able to understand alot by then also. My husband use to laugh at his mother and father and I we would be chatting and things got hard to understand we would start to do charades it was alot of fun and we spent many nights laughing and crying together. We are trying to be patient I went there on July 31/07 and we got married on Aug. 28/07 and I had to come home on Sept. 7/07. But we talk every morning before I go to work and he waits for me to come home everynight so we can talk for awhile before he goes to bed and that is hard on him being there is such a time difference. And we talk on the phone when we can afford it.

canopy

Mar 2, 2008
Hello,

I've been reading your stories for a while but only up to page 17 so forgive me if i'm repeating some questions. I'm very happy for everybody who have united with their loved ones and good luck to those still waiting for visas. I'm just in the process of planning a wedding!

I'm getting married to a moroccan man in April and was wondering what kind of papers he will need. Does he only need his passport and ID card? Also, I got my criminal record done by RCMP in November 2007. Would this still be valid for marriage in April. I really hope so.

My fiance lives in Essaouria and was wondering if somebody from Morocco is willing to talk to him on the phone.

Thanks,
Canopy

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
Boras:
good luck tomorow for your interevew , our prayer now for you , best of luck in cha allah everythg will go well for you and succesful ,
NoonaAmeen

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Boras,

Good Luck tomorrow with your Interview . I am sure you will be very successful, and have a great interview. I'm sure Raven is so anxious for this step to be over also. I wish you the best.

God Bless

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Good luck, and may God bless everyone who has an interview this week.

And also to everyone who is still waiting for the call for their interview, or their Visa.

Best wishes for all