+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Becca,
As I said in my post, I have a similar plan, so I sure hope it's not a problem, although in my case we'll take the train or bus to Toronto the next day. I can't imagine it really matters at which airport they arrive but I'll do a little inquiring to see if anyone else knows too.
Val

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi Val,

I meant also to thank you for the tips on sending all the new information onto Rabat. Rabat just received the package on Thursday!

The reason why I am concerned about this is that apparently there are special documents if you are to reside in Quebec. I just don't want them to think that we plan to reside in Montreal. However, I do wonder what would happen if the sponsoring spouse was transferred to Montreal as part of their job??

Thanks,
Becca

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Hi Becca,

I spoke to an immigration lawyer and there is definitely no problem with arriving in Montreal when you plan to live in another province. Also, permanent residents are free to live wherever they want, so you could feel free to move to Montreal later if the chance arose.

I'm glad the other info helped! : )

Val

RoxanneAbdel

Feb 12, 2008
Congratulations to everybody! This is so exciting. It's funny because I have only put 3 posts on this site yet I have been following along with all of you for months because I knew my fiance was "the one" even though he complains that it took me long enough to say YES! Thank you Pearl for the answers regarding the wedding in Morocco. The information is very helpful.

Penny, I just want to thank you for starting this forum. I have read every post and I feel like I know everyone! With my upcoming marriage and the sponsorship process, I am nervous and excited about what the future holds for myself and my fiance. Thank you all for sharing your experiences as I know you have answered so many questions for me and others who have been following along.

Roxanne & Abdel

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Roxanne,

We had a wedding with about 100 people attending, It was wonderful, I would never want any other kind of wedding.
I can say that we prepared everything for the wedding from beginning to end in less than 2 days. His family was a great help. We had the wedding at the House. We had a big beautiful tent, and had the wedding on the roof.
I had 3 dresses. I bought one in Rabat, and we rented the other 2 along with all of the jewelry and crowns. We also rented the chairs that were our thrones, because you are the King and Queen during the wedding.
It was incredible. We hired a videographer, and a photographer, as well as we had our cameras that his family was using, just in case there was a problem with the professional pictures. You never know.

I had the Henna done on my hands and feet the night before, and our wedding day lasted from 6:00 pm, until 6:30 am the next morning.
Don't worry about anything too much. You would be surprised how quickly you can put together a beautiful wedding. Don't fret, just enjoy it. It will work out right before your eyes. I was amazed how quickly everything was organized. It took so long to get our Papers for our Wedding Certificate , over 2 weeks, that we had to get the wedding put together very quickly. It was Just before the beginning of Ramadan.
I was lucky enough to enjoy 22 days with my Husband after our wedding ceremony.

Good luck with everything, and enjoy your wedding.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Roxanne, you are very welcome. I know what you mean. I feel like I know everyone on this forum, and I feel very special knowing I started all of this.

Becca, my son-in-law had a direct flight from Casa to Montreal. He had never travelled out of Maroc before, so I thought it would be easier for him if I met him there and we travelled on to Winnipeg together. We had a stopover in Toronto, but had no problems. As it happened all the flights were late, thankfully because the Royal Air Maroc flight landed one-half hour before our Canadian flight was to take off. Royal Air Maroc, I heard, is often late arriving, so it's a good thing you are staying over in Montreal.
I live in Ontario now, but my husband and I are moving to B.C. in the very near future. My daughter and son-in-law hopefully will be joining us after their (2nd) wedding in September.

My son-in-law's friend is married to a girl who lives in Quebec. Does anyone know how long the wait is for Quebecois? They seem to have been waiting longer than usual.

Penny

Penny

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks Val, you are a wealth of information!! I am totally relieved. Like Penny's son in law, my husband has never travelled outside of Morocco and he has never been on a plane before!! So, I wanted to break the two flights up.

Thanks Penny for the advice. Good to know for the future. Please keep in touch, I look forward to a larger Moroccan community in Vancouver. We have one fine dining Moroccan restaurant in Vancouver called Le Marrakech run by two Moroccan men and a bistro owned by the same men and we have a Moroccan furniture store. So slowly, our Vancouver Moroccan population is growing!!!

Lets just keep all the good news coming!!!

Becca

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
I got a quick question the pictures you bring with you at the interview do we put in back of them a small note indicating who is in the pic and where? or just the pics alone in a album?
thanks
Isabelle

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I was reading another Forum from Quebec. There have been 6 applicants from Rabat that have already received their calls for their interviews this week. Each one of them from September arrival in Rabat. One is from the 25th of September. All their interviews will be in March

Things seem to be really moving along there right now.

I hope it keeps moving quickly because my Husband is December.

I just thought I would pass along the information.

Good luck to everyone.

hibiscus

Jun 22, 2007
hi everyone. congratulation Boras and hope everything go well for all . i am here in canada \manitoba , everything was good , the immigration procedure in aiereport was good . we are happy and complet , my familly here are soo excited to meet me , we are sharing a wonderfull moment .
my wife amd i will write more to give all the informations about the aireport process and immigration things .
im tired now , im sorry if i dont write alote but we will after ..........................Hibiscus.

Nooda

Star Member
Jun 25, 2007
Hello Everyone:
First of all, We apologize for not writing earlier. Hind wanted to move the internet line to her mother's. We ended up without internet for the duration of my stay in Morocco. We had no way of reading the forum until now.
Yes, much has happened in the last couple of weeks. I keep imagining waves when I read the forum, lots of activities than nothing for a while, then lots of activities again.
Congratulations to Hibiscus and Scoobet on their reunion. Sorry Scoobet about your sweets. We brought back 4.5 Kg (10 lbs) and we had no problem bringing it in. I suppose it depends on the questions they ask at arrival. They didn't ask us anything. I will be thinking about you every time I have some sweets. I will have one for me and one for you ;-)
Hibiscus, thanks for taking the time to have coffee with us. It was nice to see you again. Hind and I were commenting on how relaxed and happy you were. I can imagine how you feel about the cold. Hind is complaining about it in Vancouver, where it is nice and sunny and about 15 degrees above Zero, much, much more warmer than Manitoba.

Noona :

It was a pleasure meeting you in Rabat. Sorry we didn't have enough time to spend together and get to know each other, but inshallah when you arrive in BC we will have plenty of time. Hind is waiting for you, so don't be long. Congratulations on the interview date. We will be praying for you. We hope that it will be successful like Hind's and you'll be called immediately for you Visa.

Isabel and Boras:
Congratulation as well, and we pray that the interview will go very smoothly and you'll get the call for the visa.

Happy2bmm:
We feel really bad about the situation you are in, and we keep checking, hoping for some good news from your side. We'll keep praying for you. Don't forget that Allah is on your side, ( Innallaha ma3 al sabereen).

We will write again soon and tell you about our adventure, the 46 hours ordeal flying back home.

Hind and Adel

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
My Biggest Congratulations

It is so wonderful to see much deserved happy endings.
I wish you the greatest life together.

God bless you and everone else who is still waiting.

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Just curious. I noticed some of "my family" on the forum live in B.C. My husband and I are moving back there. Would you mind telling me where abouts you live in B.C.?
Penny

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi All,

Just thought I'd spread the good news, I checked on the Quebec Forums and Rabat started calling people who got the letter in early October for interview calls. Things are moving!!! Our Rabat processing date is October 10th so hopefully that call comes in soon. Will keep you all posted.

My prayers are with Isabelle and Boubaker who have the interview this week.

Val: I hope you get some good news soon.

Cindy

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks Cindy. It's been more than two weeks since the interview and the wait is getting very taxing. We thought it would be easier once we knew we were getting the visa within a few weeks but now we're stressing again, wondering why it's taking so long, especially since they were still asking questions after they had already given the verbal yes, and that makes nothing seems certain until that call comes. It's hard to believe they are calling people who got their letters in October when we got ours in August and we're still waiting, but I suppose at least we've finished with the interview. I'll post it when we finally get the call for him to pick it up and we are able to start making our plans.

Here's a quote from Wayne Dyer that my uncle shared with me last night:
"Infinite patience brings immediate results"
Our biggest struggle, all of us on this site, yes?
Good luck to everyone, especially those of you with interviews this week. You'll do great, I'm sure of it.

Val