+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
You are very welcome

I am so happy for you, and I wish you all the best. I'm sure your whole family is so excited.
You are not living in the province of Quebec are you?
Residents of the province have an additional step at the airport upon arrival, they must go to the Quebec immigration office which is right next to the Canadian immigration office inside the airport, and present their Quebec Selection Certificate, but as I mentioned, that is only for Quebec residents. It only takes a few minutes to go through also.

Have a safe trip

Faicals Girl said:
hoping75 said:
You are welcome

It takes about a month to get his permanent resident card in the mail. He does all of the paperwork for that at the airport upon arrival.It is really very simple.
How long it takes to go through customs really depends on how many people are in line, that is the only part that takes any time. The dealing with customs is only abot 15 mins. he will go through customs and present his visa, then he will be sent tio the immigration office which is right behind the customs window. He will then give immigration his papers he received along with his visa. they will ask a few questions, complete the papers, and that is it.

The list of items is given to the agent when he goes through security with his luggage.

As far as the work is concerned, he just needs to go to get his Social Insurance number, and he can look for a job right away. Don't forget to apply as soon as possible for his health card also. It takes 3 months to get it after the application.

The worst is over for you both, now a wonderful life begins.
The very best to you both.

Hoping,
thank you so much for taking the time to answer me. I am so happy I do not know what to do with myself. I will be picking him up in Montreal on the 14th. My children will meet him for the first time in person then. we have been married 15 months and are sooo happy to be together soon. Thank you again for you help and for all the encouragement this wonderful group has offered. Thank you Penny for starting all of this!!!!

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping75 said:
You are very welcome

I am so happy for you, and I wish you all the best. I'm sure your whole family is so excited.
You are not living in the province of Quebec are you?
Residents of the province have an additional step at the airport upon arrival, they must go to the Quebec immigration office which is right next to the Canadian immigration office inside the airport, and present their Quebec Selection Certificate, but as I mentioned, that is only for Quebec residents. It only takes a few minutes to go through also.

Have a safe trip
is it a good idea for the SPONSOR to accompany his/her SPOUSE when coming to Canada for the first time as a PR?

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I accompanied my Husband, but that was just because I wanted to. It does not make any difference as far as immigration goes.

joecreosta said:
is it a good idea for the SPONSOR to accompany his/her SPOUSE when coming to Canada for the first time as a PR?

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any news friends???....i think is working lately and people got their interview ....still just some friends here who except their calls ASP inchallah

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hEY friends, my husband is going to do medicals soon, then we wait again. For how long? I dont know it can be from 4 weeks to 2 months never know:) But we wait. Any news on the ones that finished their medicals????? sign NATIVE

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True-love, What kinda papers did they need? If you dont mind me asking. sign NATIVE

Faicals Girl

Sep 5, 2009
Just wanted to let you all know I am still sending positive energy and praying for you all! I will pick up my husband in Montreal on Sunday!!! I am so excited and so thankful right now. My kids too...it will be their first time meeting him in person, because their dad would not let them go to Morocco. Everything will work out ok for you all.. I am sure of it. Keep trusting God.

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A big congrats to you Faicals Girl!! wish you all the happiness in the world!! sign NATIVE

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
HELLO EVERYBODY
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO CONTACT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE OR HOW TO TALK TO THEM CAUSE WE DO FAX THEM AND SEND EMAILES TO THEM BUT THEY DOSN'T ANSWER US .

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
true-love said:
am just want say to all my friends here chokran bezafe tks lot for your answered
true _love...plz they call u for interview or to get ur visa?

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bubbleboy why do u want to talk to them ? thought you got your medicals done and everything was ok....? has it passed 6 weeks already? or do u need to mail them something? Sign NATIVE