+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi all;

Sad to be back home again - but I guess I have to work!!

Congrats to those who got interviews in the the last month!

VAL - I have a question for you -- You mentioned in one of your posts that you sent in all your new pictures, boarding passes, passport stuff to immigration. I need to do that with my stuff - how did you do that? Just mailed to the address in Rabat, citing the dossier number - did you include an explanation as to what was enclosed? Any info would help.

Thanks,
Becca

desperate

Dec 31, 2007
hi evry one,

Finally my wife got the call for the interview yesterday. The intevw is on feb 04. As I mentioned b4 she received a letter from the embassy on Aug 09/07. So it took 5 mths & 1/2.
Now we are praying that everything will be ok that day.

good luck to all those who are still expecting that call.
cheers.

K

karribear

Hello everyone;

It has been a while since my last letter, live never is dull or boring.
Nabil and I had a wonderful wedding last July in Rabat, after a crazy month of running around and getting papers . You know the canadian government really is not a help. And do not get me started on the RCMP,lol. Most of the papers I was told i needed to get done in Canada before i left for Morocco I did not need, or they wanted different ones. The Rcmp said that it was going to be over 50 work days to get my finger prints back which would have been November 07, lol I got my police clearence done in rabat in 3 hours. Can you believe it? It puts the Canadian Government to shame really.
After we finally got all the marriage papers finished hamdulah, we started right away on the sponsership papers. Believe me all these papers and the stress of them all and the money involved can make or break a marriage, but hamdulah to all of our amazing Arabic Husband, and their great patients and love. We finally got all the papers finished before i left Rabat to come home.
I filed the papers in August, and my part of the papers were approved in Early October, because it took them so long to even open the papers due to the summer rush. so now our papers in in Rabat, and we are trying to patiently wait. But my Husband and I are nervous about the interview. I have heard many people say about the interview, but no one has said what the questions are. And now we hear there are actually 2 interviews that day.
Can anybody tell me please what questions they ask you in the interview? Can the interview be in arabic? I have been married before and have children, will they ask my husband about my past life? Really so many questions, but any help would really help.
Thankyou guys so much for your love and support and all your awesome information. This forum really helps us all to not feel alone. I am actually suprised how many women i am meeting who are married to a man frm Morocco.
Love and Prayers;
karri

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
hi everybody
first i want to congratulate my sister and my nice beautiful friend NoodaAdel alhamdolah i m so so happy for you incha alah have good and happy life together forever,

congratulation Desperate i hope good luck for your wife entervew in cha alah eveythg will go well for her,

for Karribear alhamdolah that you marriege done congratulation , yes in this life we have to be pationt and to have strong love to our partener like that it give more energy to suport this long process ,
yes try to read the forum for the poeple that already have had there intervew because they whrote all the question that they asked them , and as i see are alll the same just alttle deffrents in persenel thgs ,
yes try to give more infrmation even small thgs to your husband about your past life sure they will ask him for sure because the other poeple who did enterevew they all asked them about that and about all the names of there children , and the pictures ,so i thk your husband has to show them that have ginuine relation that s all and in cha aah everythg will go well for you tigether and you wll be together with ALLAH blessing, make your husband read this forum s like that he can have idea about what will hapened in entervew , wish for you all the best luck in cha alah ;

good luck for us who still waiting for that call i chalaa we hope soon
Noona

K

karribear

Thankyou so much Noona for your kind words, they are few and far between these days .
I will try to read through all the blogs in the forum for sure, thank you. I get many sleepless nights that i can not turn off my brain, so I will use it for reading blogs then. lol
Have a great day everyone; and keep smiling ;
Karri

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
Wow, great news to hear from "desperate" that his wife got the call for an interview after 5 1/2 that the embassy has had the paperwork because we are at 5 months and one week!!!! Hopefully they are getting through the backlog in order of date filed and we are coming up very soon...congratulations to desperate and as usual, please post the questions! (yes Karri, as Nonna says, go back and read through this forum and you will find lots of examples of questions asked).

Becca, yes, we sent our package by courier (it's worth the cost to be able to track it and not worry about the Moroccan mail system) to the embassy address:
Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
31 Hamza Street
Agdal, Rabat
Morocco

We included a one page cover letter referencing my husband's name, file number and indicated that it was a spousal application for Permanent Residence.
This part was bolded at the intro of the letter

In the opening paragraph we sited the month they had received our application and that we were submitting this documentation of our recent time together, providing the specific dates.
Then we included a list of what was included, just as bulleted items.

Then we also decided to send updated emails since the application was filed and a couple of other additional documents as well. We referred to them as further documentation that goes to the genuineness of the relationship, and provided a second, bulleted list of those items included.

We closed by saying that we hope the application will be looked at soon, if further information is required, they should not hesitate to contact us and we thanked them for their attention to this matter.

Hope that helps!

Val

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
I am really happy to see that the whole interview process with a few of you has been very positive and the wait is now getting closer for all of you to be with your loved ones. I have yet to received notification of my approval as a sponsor to my dear husband Jamal. We are both at our wits end with all this and we have just begun. It is really frustrating and at the time a relief to see that all others who submitted paper work from before being called on now...at least we can see that things are moving this year..hopefully all the old files will be caught up quickly...and this way i will get some news soon. If things continue like this i may just take some time off work and go down for a few months to see my beloved i know he will just love that idea.
Just checking in and saying hello to all....

Indira

hibiscus

Jun 22, 2007
from Scoobet/Hibiscus to all forum members.
Hi everyone .we have the pleasure to share with you all our good new ...the embassy called today and said 13 feb the visa will be ready , we are soo excited and happy for that ...it was a long time with a big pain but it is over now .....yes we waited longer but now it is gone and sooner we will be together again , we really forget soon that pain wait since we got that call .
with every hard wait it will come a wonderfull happiness .
we will pray and hope for who still waiting , our heart is with you , our prayer is with you , our mind is with you .........soon you all will get your good news .
thank you all for your support .
thank you Penny ...you started this flower"sforum.
thank you Hind/Adil for your support and maybe we will get the same plane.
we will still post and read the forum , we will be here for every question and help..........good luck all ......................Scoobet/Hibiscus.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Congratulations Scoobet and Hibiscus

I am so very happy for you. It is so great seeing a happy ending to all the painful waiting.
I wish you the best in your future together. The hard part is over, and now your lives together can finally begin. Thank you for al the information that you have posted here.

I pray to be with my Husband soon. His application was received in Rabat on Dec 12th, so I know there may be a long wait in front of us.

God bless you future

Nooda

Star Member
Jun 25, 2007
Scoobet and Hibiscus:

Mabrouk, Mabrouk, wa alf Mabrouk (congratulation, congratulation, and a thousand congratulations),

It is time for celebrating and rejoicing. After the long and painful wait, the gift of being together is just around the corner.

Hind and I were very happy and excited to hear that you have finally been given a date to receive your permanent visa status.

Hibiscus: Leaving together on the same plane would be a lot of fun I am sure. but they don't have the same coffee. We have to stop at the cafe and have our promised cup of coffee first.

Scoobet: Why don't you fly to Morocco and defrost for a little while before you bring Hibiscus to Canada.

Again, congratulations, and wish you the best. May God (Allah) bless your marriage.

Hind and Adel

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
hi everybody
oh waw hibiscus/scoobet so great news congratulation , i m realy so happy for you, alhamdolah that waiting now finish for you and you will be with your love soon, i wish for you good and happy life in cha alah , and for all the rest in the forum,
i hope in cha alah we also recieve the call for entervew and wil be too with our loves soon , i miss my husband so mutch , good luck for all ,
Noona

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
congratulations hibiscus and scoobet! can i ask exactly how long you waited? i believe it was more than 6 months that the embassy had your paperwork, am i right? if so, that's terrible and i'm really happy for you that all that stress of waiting has disappeared now that you are ready to pick up the visa in a few weeks. here's to a life together!! much happiness to you both.

val

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
hey everyone,

those of you who posted your case on the immigration tracking page (trackitt.com), please try to remember to update your status. it's super helpful to have a list of some rabat cases and the timeframes in one place. i'm sure it's the last thing on your mind once you get the interview, visa etc. but if you can take a couple of seconds, i'm sure all of us who are still waiting would really appreciate it! i know i would : )

those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, go to this page:http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/ and add your case. you can search by visa office in order to see a number of cases that are active or have been completed as well, to get a sense of how long each step has taken. good info!

val

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Congratulations Hibiscus & Scoobet, Hind & Adel. What a wonderful Valentine's Day present. About the coffee, yes drink all you can while in Maroc. You can't find good cafe au lait here.
Penny

scoobet

May 28, 2007
Hi everyone. Thank you for your warm wishes to us. Rabat had our papers June 12. As of Jan 12 it is 7 months for them to finish everything there. He picks up his visa on Feb 13. And yes Adel I would love to go to Morocco and thaw for a while. It was extremly cold here as you know from watching the TV. But this weekend it is warmer. I am not able to go back to Morocco. So I will wait till he arrives in Montreal and I will pick him up there.Then we will travel back to Manitoba where my family is waiting to welcome him with open arms. Then we are planning a gathering here for all my family in August. I have one sister in Alberta and one brother in BC on the Island. So they will be coming also. The rest of my family is here in Manitoba. After he travels here we will post how his jouney was so others can have some information as to how things went through customs. If there are any questions please feel free to ask as we will tell you what we can to help. Penny thank you so much for starting this forum. Adel said it well when he wrote to you. Our words can not express our feelings for this forum enough. Having others just to talk to or read some news helps get through the day when we are feeling so low. This forum gives us all hope and helpful information as to the processs of things. And as far as I can see yours is the most read of all the topics. I have called Mornie and told her the good news. And we plan to get together with her and Rachid when my husband arrives. So thank you all for helping us get through this distance. May God bless you and help your wait to be shorter than ours. ......Scoobet