+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Amir00

Star Member
Sep 6, 2009
Salam Faicals Girl im happy for ur husband :) he get call.just i want u to know sometimes interview be on phone like they do with ur husband and u told Us he answer about some questions they as hime and she told him ur papers accept so he accept and will get visa... i want to ask u ur file was in Rebat at any time??any time ur husband get letter from Rebat? MABROUK 3LIKOM....

Faicals Girl

Sep 5, 2009
Amir00 said:
Salam Faicals Girl im happy for ur husband :) he get call.just i want u to know sometimes interview be on phone like they do with ur husband and u told Us he answer about some questions they as hime and she told him ur papers accept so he accept and will get visa... i want to ask u ur file was in Rebat at any time??any time ur husband get letter from Rebat? MABROUK 3LIKOM....

It has been a trying and very hard day for us here. First we got the call and were so excited. (refer to the message I posted 2 before this one) Then I called back to make sure we understood good what we were told. See, we werer(and still are) planning a trip to Rabat tomorrow morning to give them another package of proof of our relationship. But when I called about a time to take that in I talked to another person and they had an english speaking person call me back to talk about my husbands file. It seems that they just needed some extra information and not that the papers were accepted. This is so frustrating because they spoke to my husband in his first language which is Arabic when they called to ask him questions. This means the likelyhood of him not understanding what they told him is very very small. But in the conversation I had with the english speaking person they told me very clearly that the file was still in process and not yet accepted. They told me that there was a misunderstanding. What I want to know is how can you mistakenly tell someone after asking them questions that their papers are accepted and that they just need to wait for the call when the visa comes in!!?? Dont they know they are playing with peoples lives and emotions??? (sorry I just needed to get that off my chest)

Amir00
Rabat recieved our papers on May 4. 2009

I know too that sometimes we are just impatient. We have been married more than a year and just need a normal life together. Insha Allah all will be ok for us all!

true-love

Star Member
Nov 4, 2009
hello every body am so glad to know some a good news for some ones here i want say some things to amir00 i wish that u will have a call next week inchaa lah
i have a question to faicals girl we know in the paper they asking us about the 10 years ago right so my question is is ur husband answer in the paper this question ( 10 years ago ) or not

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faicals Girl,

Sorry to hear about your situation, thats not right at all. Stay positive. DOnt let them get you guys down. I should follow my own advice as well lol.
Were still waiting, Rabat received our papers in April 2009. Sign NATIVE

nabild2004

Jan 28, 2010
hello everyone my name's nabil im new here ... i jst want to know some informations ...so please can anybody help i wud appreciate ...well my fiance is canadian she doesnt work and she said that she was afraid this not gonna work for us just because of the rules she heard well anyways if there anyone has anything to tell me help me please
thank you

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabild2004 said:
hello everyone my name's nabil im new here ... i jst want to know some informations ...so please can anybody help i wud appreciate ...well my fiance is canadian she doesnt work and she said that she was afraid this not gonna work for us just because of the rules she heard well anyways if there anyone has anything to tell me help me please
thank you
hello nabil and welcome to this forum,work or not work it doesnt matter for sponsorship but she must not be under welfare ,so her name must not be there ,here there is many canadian ladies with no works and they support and spons their husbands ,but as u said that she is ur fiance,well u are not married yet ,so try to figure out a way to get married to make things easier...good luck friend

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FamilyMan said:
Hello All,

First off, congrats are in order for BubbleBoy! Mabrook!

Secondly, rjessome and Yasmina, thanks for the words of support and on hearing that you are now with your loved ones. That is great news and a sense of hope for the rest of us.

Native, NewHusband, Rodaxi - successful closure to your sponsorship saga only gives hope that I too will see a light of the end of the tunnel and I wish you all the best in terms of a positive outcome (I can only pray for positive outcome because praying for Canadian Embassy in Rabat to speed up the process is like asking a Moroccan Taxi Cab driver to drive under the speed limit :) - just kidding - that stuff happens in every country.

Anyhow, I did have two questions to ask

1. I received a letter saying that my file was received and decision made on Jan 05, 2010 and will be sent to Rabat. However, my wife has not received any letter to date indicating that our application is in Rabat and it's been over 20 days. I guess I am wondering how much longer I should wait before I should be really concerned. Secondly, is there any other way of confirming that Rabat has our application?

2. I will be heading down to my home away from home in a weeks time to be with my wife and I was going to take with me copies of communications and other documents that I have compiled since submitting my application. My intent is to hand this over to the embassy there to add to my application. Will they let me do this or do I need to have a more pressing need to enter Embassy grounds than these documents. On a side note - I always figured that as a Canadian Citizen - I would have an easier time accessing my embassy but such is not the case

Anyhow, any info on the above two would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

Seems I need to check in here more often. Ok, answers to your questions:

1. Your wife is now waiting for the AOR letter or Acknowledgement of Receipt from the embassy in Rabat. They will issue this once the file has been received AND opened for processing by the visa office. It normally takes 3 to 5 weeks with this office. You can go onto ECAS to check to see if the file has arrived in Rabat yet. Here is the link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Enter YOUR information and the receipt number you received when you paid the application fees.

2. You would be better off sending these documents by mail. They may or may not accept them if you present them in-person at the visa office. This place is very busy. You are NOT going to get to see or talk to anyone who really matters (visa officer). If you mail them, send them by courier where a signature is required and keep a copy of whatever you send for your records and in case something gets lost. You never know. Also, include a cover letter that indicates your wife's file number (you will get that when your wife receives the AOR letter, it starts with a B), full name and date of birth.

Good luck

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabild2004 said:
thank you
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Whether or not your future wife can sponsor you to join her in Canada depends on whether or not she is in receipt of welfare (social assistance) or has an undischarged bankruptcy. If that is the case, she will NOT be able to sponsor you even if you are married unless she can prove Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds which is extremely difficult with a less than 5% chance of success.

Good luck.

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
rjessome,

Just a quick update and this happened soon after I posted my question. My wife checked the mail and emailed me saying that she received the AOR.

As for my second question concerning the visit to the embassy to drop of documents - if mailing it is the only option, I guess that would be ok. Basically I do have all the documents sent to them but these are just additional supporting docs in case they have any doubts.

Thank you very much for your reply.

noubi

Star Member
Oct 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello

I have a quick question about the medical exam. i think when they will call me for interview my medical exam will be finish period one year because i had My medical exam done for immigration in 26 / 08 / 2009 and we apply 12 /12/ 2009 today i received my letter from the Embassy say my application will take 7 month then my medical exam

pls i need what can i do and if they ask me to make other how much time will take it?

thank you
bye

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
i thank allahe "alhamdo lillahe " praise to god" hello everybody
sorry for not answering some questions here . i have been busy .

my interview goes fine and great with the canadian lady and also with the moroccain lady . she asked me a few questions about my wifes job and tickets of her flights and copy of her passport and marriage certifecate should be certified . and also they ask about divorce if your wife was married befor. so guys just be patient and your turn will coming soon , those ladies who processing the files or work on them they are so busy really ( i saw that by my eyes )
RJESSOME you were so right when you said to me that it's the officers of cic who made dicessions of files or visas not others .i see that too
so after the interview they keep me waiting there and finaly they give me everything back even the papers that my wife gives them in canada ..but they told me to do a new medical and in fact my medical it still valid for 2 weeks and i told her back that my medical it still valid , so she said to me yes we know that but the visa will takes time so better to do a nother one.

the interview was in english .
and they tell people in the interview if you missunderstood some question just let them know then they will call someone to translate it to you into arabic or frensh .

heey guys since you get in just relax and be cool and anything will be fine !

LIFE WITHOUT A WIFE LIKE 50 WITHOUT 5

so 50 without 5 = 0

all i meant is i want you guys to prouve to the immigration office anything about relationship
good lucky

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats goes to bubble boy! Best of Luck to you and your wife. Sign NATIVE

noubi

Star Member
Oct 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello for the thank you reply

my question is for example if spent 7 month and they call me for interview how much time will take if need to re-do my Medical exam after interview ?

can i re-do it before they call me or wait right ask me?

bye

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noubi said:
hello for the thank you reply

my question is for example if spent 7 month and they call me for interview how much time will take if need to re-do my Medical exam after interview ?

can i re-do it before they call me or wait right ask me?

bye
the medical exam is valid for 1 year from the date was done ,so if the visa is issued one day after 1 year (medical exam expired) u will have to redo it