+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

monini05

Feb 10, 2013
FatimZahra said:
Hi M, the issue we had was the waiting. But that would be like any other Visa office. We communicated by email with the embassy a lot. There were only a couple of times they didn't answer. We added a signature to the email we created just for immigration with his full name and client number; I don't know if that helped but felt it necessary.

On the immigration website, when we applied, it stated that the visa would take 10 months. They are true to their word. Now that does not include the time it took for his file to arrive to Rabat.

It took them 2 months to call after the 1st interview...March 15, 2012. He did go for a second interview in Feb 2012 because they needed some info that we forgot to add to the application...it was a date in the part about his history since age 18.

With your fiance being a student in London I would assume you would have to apply for the visa through Rabat. Unless he's a permanent resident in London?

I hope this helps in some way. But one thing I would do is call Canada Immigration and ask them what to do in his case. They will give you general info only. But at least it would be hearing the info from the source.

Hope this was helpful in some way.

Fatim
Hello Fatim,

I agree, the hardest part is the anxiety of waiting!

In our case, he is a student in the UK and is having some issues to renew his student visa at the moment. This truly makes the case a bit more complicated because he needs to have a status valid for at least 1 year to apply from London. Right now, we aren't sure which country we are going to pick to start the process, however, I wanted to know how the visa office in Rabat deals with its cases (at least to give ourselves an idea).

-Do you know if he has to be in Morocco for the whole time of the application process? and how long is the notice before the interview? a few weeks, days?

Thank you!

M

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
Hi Everyone,

My husband got the letter for him to pick up his visa next month. My question is will he definitely receive his visa that day? He has a flight that he wants to book but if there is any chance of him not getting his visa that day he doesn't want to book the flight just in case.

FLF

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Hi M,

You'll be notified when his file is received by the Rabat office. This usually takes a month after you've been approved. Then what ever timeline is shown on the Canadian Immigration website is the amount of time it takes until he receives the visa. It took 6 months before they called us with a date for an interview. If a medical or police certificate will be expiring they will tell him to get new ones done. Then you wait after the interview...usually around 2 months for a call to say he's been accepted for his visa and they issue a date for pick up.
Just keep in mind that he has to be available for when they call with dates for interviews or questions etc. If he is not available on the date they tell him and he delays it, then it also delays everything else.

How long has he been in London? Just seems it would be more complicated through London.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Feelslikeforever said:
Hi Everyone,

My husband got the letter for him to pick up his visa next month. My question is will he definitely receive his visa that day? He has a flight that he wants to book but if there is any chance of him not getting his visa that day he doesn't want to book the flight just in case.

FLF
Congrats!!!!

He will be given his visa the day they asked him to pick it up.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
Habibti said:
Welcome to Canada habibi! Welcome to my world! The nightmare is over! We will have other tests but at least we will be with each other.

congrats....you look great as a couple....

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
FatimZahra said:
Congrats!!!!

He will be given his visa the day they asked him to pick it up.

Thanks FatimZahra!!!

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. I havent posted in a long time. We went to Morocco to visit my husbands family we stayed there for 6 weeks it was great! How is everyone doing? I see that there is new comers welcome to all of you. Sign NATIVE

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
to habibti. My name is claudia and I would like to speak to you regarding some questions that I have. I am sponsoring my husband from Morocco. My e mail is claudia.lopez@rocketmail.com Thank you. I am so happy for both of you.

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Does anyone of you can help me. I have some questions regarding the sponsorship process in Morocco. We submit the sponsorship application on SEPT 20, 2012. I received the letter (which was approved ) on Oct 25, 2012. I went to visit my husband in Morocco for 1 month and a half and met the rest of the family. I tried to contact the Canadian embassy through e mail but not luck. I think they have been busy. Someone told me the Canadian Embassy was closed for 1 month in Morocco, I do not know if that was true. Since I received the letter until this moment ( 4 months passed) and we have not heard anything.
Does anyone of you know how long do they take to contact my husband in Rabat?
How do I know if the Canadian Embassy in Rabat already received my husband application?

Thank you for the information

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
CLAUDIA P said:
Does anyone of you can help me. I have some questions regarding the sponsorship process in Morocco. We submit the sponsorship application on SEPT 20, 2012. I received the letter (which was approved ) on Oct 25, 2012. I went to visit my husband in Morocco for 1 month and a half and met the rest of the family. I tried to contact the Canadian embassy through e mail but not luck. I think they have been busy. Someone told me the Canadian Embassy was closed for 1 month in Morocco, I do not know if that was true. Since I received the letter until this moment ( 4 months passed) and we have not heard anything.
How do I know if the Canadian Embassy in Rabat already received my husband application?

[/quote]

Hi Claudia,

I also sent in our application in Sept and it was approved in Oct. Rabat received our documents maybe a week or two later, they had sent my husband an email letting him know they received it. He was contacted at the end of Feb telling him to come for an interview at the beginning of March. We found out 11 days later that he was approved....but everyones case is different.
If you haven't heard from them try emailing them again.

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Dear Feelslikeforever. Thank you for the information. I am so happy for both of you. Congratulations!!!!!! Best of luck to both of you. I would like to keep in contact with you. M y e mail is claudia.lopez@rocketmail.com. God bless you.

monini05

Feb 10, 2013
FatimZahra said:
Hi M,

You'll be notified when his file is received by the Rabat office. This usually takes a month after you've been approved. Then what ever timeline is shown on the Canadian Immigration website is the amount of time it takes until he receives the visa. It took 6 months before they called us with a date for an interview. If a medical or police certificate will be expiring they will tell him to get new ones done. Then you wait after the interview...usually around 2 months for a call to say he's been accepted for his visa and they issue a date for pick up.
Just keep in mind that he has to be available for when they call with dates for interviews or questions etc. If he is not available on the date they tell him and he delays it, then it also delays everything else.

How long has he been in London? Just seems it would be more complicated through London.
Hi Fatim,

Well, he has been in London for about 4 years now. At this point, we are truly considering filing the whole process through the Moroccan office, as his situation in London isnt looking so great. The plan is to marry in England this summer, send our application and choose the office in Rabat. While the papers are processing, he will begin to make arrangements to return to Morocco and wait for whatever happens there.

Do you think it will matter if we pick the Rabat office without him actually being in Morocco at the time of the application? I mean, eventually within 2 months or so, he will be returning to Morocco... I just dont know if it is important for the immigration officials for the applicant to be within the country throughout the whole process - very beginning to very end - ?

Thanks a lot for your help

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
CLAUDIA P said:
Call Canadian Immigration. Make sure you have your client number and ask them questions. They will give general info but they might have some insight on how to go about getting more info.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
monini05 said:
Hi Fatim,

Well, he has been in London for about 4 years now. At this point, we are truly considering filing the whole process through the Moroccan office, as his situation in London isnt looking so great. The plan is to marry in England this summer, send our application and choose the office in Rabat. While the papers are processing, he will begin to make arrangements to return to Morocco and wait for whatever happens there.

Do you think it will matter if we pick the Rabat office without him actually being in Morocco at the time of the application? I mean, eventually within 2 months or so, he will be returning to Morocco... I just dont know if it is important for the immigration officials for the applicant to be within the country throughout the whole process - very beginning to very end - ?

Thanks a lot for your help
Hi M,

He has to be available. If they need info or request documents etc he has to be able to go in the time frame they give him or things will be delayed.