Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
All the best Habibti!! I'm sure it will be positive news Inshallah! :) :)

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
My student, my legal counsel, her Moroccan husband, my mother and I have all the same feeling that the minister's counsel does not want to consent. From the beginning, we felt he was against us. I felt his vibes when he entered the court room. I felt that he just wanted to reduce us in pieces.

We went over our time and both my legal counsel and the minister's counsel did not have enough time to do their final speech. Before we left, my legal counsel asked the minister's counsel to give his consent. He refused. The judge asked both of them to submit their report in the next two weeks and then she will make the final decision.

I know I did great and my husband did pretty good, but some of his answers were contradictory to what I said and some were wrong. So the minister's counsel has serious doubts about him. Sorry to say that, but he was kind of a jerk. He kept asking questions to my husband in a low voice and my husband had a hard time to hear well. The judge told the minister's counsel to speak louder but he kept asking his questions in a low voice. Even his questions were complex and since my husband is not 100% fluent in English, he said many times he could not understand the question. The judge told the minister's counsel to change the wording of his questions, he did not. He repeated the same words.

He does not accept the fact that my husband does not want any children and that he is married to an older woman. And other many things he does not accept which I find meaningless and petty.

So we are back in the roller-coaster ride. I will leave for Morocco in 5 days not knowing our fate.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I am so sorry to hear it didn't go great. I really wanted to hear some good news for you. So now the judge has to weigh everything and decide whether to consent? If that is the case, then hopefully the judge witnessed the jerky behavior if opposing counsel and will consider it.

What's done is done. Go to morocco, enjoy your beach villa and have a lovely time!!

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
locolynn said:
I am so sorry to hear it didn't go great. I really wanted to hear some good news for you. So now the judge has to weigh everything and decide whether to consent? If that is the case, then hopefully the judge witnessed the jerky behavior if opposing counsel and will consider it.

What's done is done. Go to morocco, enjoy your beach villa and have a lovely time!!

Lynn
Yes, you understood everything. The judge is a woman and we were told she has been around for a long time and it is someone we can trust. She has the instinct of a horse, she can read between the lines and she is not easily intimidated. Our fate is in her hands now.

I know that what is done is done, but I don't think I can enjoy my time in Morocco. I feel so drained. Hit me with a crowbar and it will hurt less. You cannot imagine how I feel now... I have the weird feeling I am back to November 14, 2011, when we received the refusal letter.

gracekhalid

Mar 1, 2012
I have tears in my eyes right now habibti...I am so sorry that things went so shitty :( My heart aches for you so much. I will keep praying that it WILL turn out ok despite your feelings. Hugs

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
My heart goes out to you Habibti ((HUGZ))

Hopefully the judge keeps in mind all the times she had to * reprimand* the minister's counsel and that it will play a part in her decision.

In sha Allah the judge makes the right choice. It's not fair to keep a couple apart.

I hope that you do enjoy your time in Morocco with your sweetie. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Habibti said:
I know that what is done is done, but I don't think I can enjoy my time in Morocco. I feel so drained. Hit me with a crowbar and it will hurt less. You cannot imagine how I feel now... I have the weird feeling I am back to November 14, 2011, when we received the refusal letter.
Some straight talk coming at you Habibti: you MUST find a way to put this on the back burner and enjoy your time in morocco. Be carefree for the weeks you are there. Everything will be waiting for you when you get back... If you don't you'll end up paying a fortune to be miserable - which you can do for free at home, not to mention how how much you and your husband need some fun and laughter together. Fun. Laughter. Love. Joy. Go get you some girl! You deserve it!!!

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Thank you for your good thoughts, your prayers and your hugs. Much appreciated. The appeal is a tremendous stress. When I was finished answering all the questions of my legal counsel, of the ministry's counsel of the judge, I got up to go back to my seat and I could feel my legs shaking.

After dinner, I felt numb and drained. I went to lie down on my bed and then I started to feel the pain. I felt I was reliving the day of the refusal letter all over again. It would have hurt less to hit me with a crowbar.

I had a bad night of sleep. Waking up often and feeling the anxiety squeezing my heart. But I had this dream (and I rarely remember my dreams!). I dreamed that my husband had his arms wrapped around me in MY bed in MY house! I remember how happy we were. I even remember that my son was in the house and hear him going out of his bedroom to go to the washroom and to other places in the house and then back to his bedroom. This dream felt so real to me that when I woke up I felt a bit confused.

My poor husband.... he had to deal with a counsel who was asking complex questions (I mean the wording and the syntax) in a low voice. My husband had to ask him to repeat almost each question 4 to 7 times! English is not is first language! He was tired. It was one o'clock in the morning for him when he finished answering the questions and where he works the workload is heavy. He has been working day after day long hours despite his sickness. I think he has a bronchitis as he has been coughing for weeks. A few times yesterday during the testimony, he was coughing so much he had a hard time to breathe. On top of that, all the stress of the past 12 months without me, missing me, dealing with the refusal.

I cannot believe all the stupid questions that have NOTHING to do with my marriage being genuine that the ministry's counsel asked me. He went on and on about our contraception methods we used to use before I became infertile and went on and on about the quality of my wedding rings and why the family did not give any wedding gifts. He asked me why I work that much (3 jobs, 7 days a week, 18 hours a day) and I became angry. I told him that it was because of Immigration Canada. Maybe I should not have said that. I explained to the court that I have numerous debts because of all the trips I have to do to Morocco, the trips I have to pay for my mother to take care of my house and son while I am traveling and the cost of the appeal. I told the court in a angry voice that I have not seen my husband in a year.

Nothing is lost yet... we still have a little hope. Let's hope the judge can see through us, how we love each other even though my husband gave some contradictory answers. In the meantime, I feel like I am hanging above a cliff.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Habibti... I still believe this is going to be a positive outcome... It is not the Ministry Counsels job to decide BUT it is their job to make things difficult and to get the people involved upset to see how the people respond. It is all part of the process and their job. It is them that have to prove that it is not genuine and like any legal counsel they will do whatever it takes. I know it is not comforting to hear but at the same time we have to understand their job in this. I think you did very well considering the situation!

The judge is the one to decide and she knows all this too. If the judge was observant enough to ask the council to speak louder and change their wording then she will know well enough that they did not and they purposely tried to make things difficult for your husband. I don't know how serious the contradictions are...depends on the subject they were speaking on I would think.

As Lynn said you must find a way to enjoy your time with your husband so you can carry those memories with you when you get back home... and who knows you could have an answer before you come back!

Stay strong... prayers are being lifted.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
I don't know if I will enjoy my summer with my husband or not. Right now I just feel bruised and hurt.

Things are not looking good... we think the ministry's counsel thinks my husband is using me. I testified I had lots of debts. My husband said my financial life was good and he did not think I had debts. He knew about these for a long time since I complain often to him about money (and loans with high interest!!!) and he told me numerous times this is his priority to help me pay off my debts once he is in Canada with me. I told the ministry's counsel about my husband's house where he lives with his mother and three brothers that is falling apart. I told the court that my husband and two of his brothers are contributing to save money for a new house. In the appeal book, there was an email of my husband stating his conditions to get married to me and one of them is to allow him to send money to support his family financially once he is established in Canada. It could sound like he is not going to contribute to my financial problems when he gets to Canada and that he will send all of his money back to Morocco. That is not what the court would expect from a married couple.

He gave several wrong answers regarding my son. I am sure the court will think he is not interested to get involved in my son's life.

These two issues are major, the other ones are minor and we can deal with that with the final arguments that must be submitted within 2 weeks.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
Habibti said:
I don't know if I will enjoy my summer with my husband or not. Right now I just feel bruised and hurt.

Things are not looking good... we think the ministry's counsel thinks my husband is using me. I testified I had lots of debts. My husband said my financial life was good and he did not think I had debts. He knew about these for a long time since I complain often to him about money (and loans with high interest!!!) and he told me numerous times this is his priority to help me pay off my debts once he is in Canada with me. I told the ministry's counsel about my husband's house where he lives with his mother and three brothers that is falling apart. I told the court that my husband and two of his brothers are contributing to save money for a new house. In the appeal book, there was an email of my husband stating his conditions to get married to me and one of them is to allow him to send money to support his family financially once he is established in Canada. It could sound like he is not going to contribute to my financial problems when he gets to Canada and that he will send all of his money back to Morocco. That is not what the court would expect from a married couple.

He gave several wrong answers regarding my son. I am sure the court will think he is not interested to get involved in my son's life.

These two issues are major, the other ones are minor and we can deal with that with the final arguments that must be submitted within 2 weeks.
hi habibti its been long time i was not here , i am sorry to hear that your hearing was not well thats how judge is, it happened the same to me when they called me from the court after my wife testified, guess what the judge was asking me questions that have nothing to do with my marriage, asking about doctor names, addresses, how long she lived in these addresses so on.... and guess what happened she hung up on me while hearing but hoping everything go well for you habibti i talked with your husband many times to come visit me in my city so i can train him but he did not come, anyway inshalah you hear good news take care by the way as for my case my file in Rabat now i already had interview so waiting for their answer.

Aziz

Aziz

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi habibti,

sweets im sorry to hear about that really...but you never know what can happen ...so dont think negative...you final aurguments can make it (cherry on the sundae)....you never know but u need to really enjoy the time with ur husband positive or negative out come of the hearing cause unfortunately either or you will still have to wait awhile after so take advantage and have bunch of fun and sun and beach .......

me nothing till now......

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
The judge asked both parties to write their final arguments as we ran out of time in court and to submit them within two weeks. Since my legal counsel is taking the plane tomorrow to go her dying dad, she will use the 9 hours flight to write her final arguments as she wants to submit them early next week. She does not want us to be hanging above the cliff for long, that is spending time together in Morocco and all the time worrying about our fate. Her arguments have to be submitted first, Minister's counsel responds and then she gets a chance to respond and there is a decision taken by the judge. Please... send goooooooood vibes to the Minister's counsel and the judge so their hearts can see the light of justice! We have endured so much pain and we are at the end of our strength.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
I think you will hear good news soon Habibti. When I had my appeal hearing in Vancouver, I remember
the opposing Immigration lawyer was very critical and irritating. I was very angry at how he was
speaking to me and my husband. The way I reacted then, afterwards made me worry. Our hearing went
on for 5 hours, and of course, could not come to any kind of decision. The judge I had was a man, and at
times would stop the immigration lawyer to remind him to move along when he repeated the same stuff
over and over (Like how I had numbered the photographs, rather than the pages!!!) Really stupid. Anyways I worried so much! And then waited 3 months before I heard that our marriage was finally considered genuine and that Canada Immigration would need to keep processing our case. 5 months later my husband was here. The waiting is awful. The one consolation I had was keeping in contact with our local MP, here it is Jean Crowder, and there office was wonderful for finding out what stage everything was at. My husband had to have his medical redone, which turned out to be a chaotic schmozzle, and then it was processed in Paris. Wait, wait wait! But I kept my sanity and you will too. You're almost there. Getting through an appeal hearing is a huge thing. Congrats on that!!!!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Mrs. Turan said:
I think you will hear good news soon Habibti. When I had my appeal hearing in Vancouver, I remember
the opposing Immigration lawyer was very critical and irritating. I was very angry at how he was
speaking to me and my husband. The way I reacted then, afterwards made me worry. Our hearing went
on for 5 hours, and of course, could not come to any kind of decision. The judge I had was a man, and at
times would stop the immigration lawyer to remind him to move along when he repeated the same stuff
over and over (Like how I had numbered the photographs, rather than the pages!!!) Really stupid. Anyways I worried so much! And then waited 3 months before I heard that our marriage was finally considered genuine and that Canada Immigration would need to keep processing our case. 5 months later my husband was here. The waiting is awful. The one consolation I had was keeping in contact with our local MP, here it is Jean Crowder, and there office was wonderful for finding out what stage everything was at. My husband had to have his medical redone, which turned out to be a chaotic schmozzle, and then it was processed in Paris. Wait, wait wait! But I kept my sanity and you will too. You're almost there. Getting through an appeal hearing is a huge thing. Congrats on that!!!!
Thank you so much Mrs. Turan! Who was the opposite counsel? Mine was Kevin Hatch. You know... my husband was so angry with him and numerous times he had to refrain himself not to get angry and say bad words to this counsel. It was obvious he kept speaking in a low voice so my husband could not hear the questions. It was obvious he was formulating nebulous questions with words that my husband did not know. This minister's counsel was arrogant. For example, the phone was at the front of the court room, near the judge. The minister's counsel stayed at the back to ask his questions. When my husband could not hear him, the judge asked the counsel to come next to the phone. He refused to budge. He repeated his question. Again, my poor husband could not hear him. So the judge asked again the counsel to come next to the phone. He finally did. The opposite counsel could see on two occasions how angry and intense I was. I wish someone could have filmed the whole hearing. I took many drama classes in the past and I was quite something to see lol I was quite passionate!