+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Faicals Girl

Sep 5, 2009
I just found out you and another friend of mine have finally made it thru this long and painful process. Congratulations.

Does anyone know if you can actually have a verbal conversation with anyone in Morocco at that consulate? When I call here they just tell me that it is overseas and they cannot look into the file. I am also looking for the email address. I am new at trying to find out information. My online link just says 'in process'. Anyway, I am sure you all know what it is like to miss your spouse. good luck with everything!!!
Kim

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
How long has your file been in process? If you want to contact them the e-mail is rabat.immigration@international.gc.ca

Faicals Girl

Sep 5, 2009
Thanks Stealth. It has been in process for 5 months. Our paperwork we recieved said that all should be finished in 6 months if we got any extra paperwork they asked us for or if his interview worked out ok. We have not even heard from them in 5 months in any way shape or form.
Actually I am going to send documentation of my last visit and doctors notes telling I was pregnant and then one that addresses my recent miscarriage too. If they need proff that we are in a relationship, I figure that sending them those kind of things are as much proof as I can think of. Thank you for the email address. I found one ont he immigration site, but it is different than the one you told me of, so, I am thankful for being pointed in the proper direction.
Good luck to everyone.
Kim

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
OK, that is a pretty quick timeline, usually they are 7 months. Where are you applying from, what I mean is, are you living in Quebec?

Libyan467

Oct 11, 2009
Hello Guys
My husband is from Libya and I am canadian. We are now in the 10th month of our application.  He had an interview on June 23rd 2009 to prove our relationship is genuine and he was approved.  At that point I thought My husbands file would go to CSIS and a backround check would be done on him.  Canadian Immigration keeps asking for more information about my husband.  We have sent more docementation 3 times and they still want more.  I am very fustrated because from June 23rd until now October 11, 2009 nothing further has happened with our case.  My husband is a refugee living in sweden so all of the ordinary docementation that others could provide he cant (rentaL contracts, bank statements, credit card, addresses).  We have provided quite a lot of information but at this point we have nothing else to send.  I am so fustrated and my poor husband is really stressed.  Does anyone else have any issues with CSIS? I know that your husbands are from Morocco but i think it would be the same difficulty level.

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
Faicals Girl said:
Thanks Stealth. It has been in process for 5 months. Our paperwork we recieved said that all should be finished in 6 months if we got any extra paperwork they asked us for or if his interview worked out ok. We have not even heard from them in 5 months in any way shape or form.
Actually I am going to send documentation of my last visit and doctors notes telling I was pregnant and then one that addresses my recent miscarriage too. If they need proff that we are in a relationship, I figure that sending them those kind of things are as much proof as I can think of. Thank you for the email address. I found one ont he immigration site, but it is different than the one you told me of, so, I am thankful for being pointed in the proper direction
Good luck to everyone.
Kim
all you have to do is tell your husband to keep all proofs about the relationship and pictures phone bills ....and be patient .they will phone him one day to bring more proofs about relationship ship but processing time of spouses and comon -law partener it takes 7 months.but when you are pregnant that could be help to speed up the processing good lucky

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Hi all,

We are still waiting and it's been a long time for us. We had our ADR on July 15th, 2009 and requested a full hearing date which still has not come up. My lawyer has not heard anything and said that once he does he will let us know. He is very clear in saying that our relationship/marriage is of genuine nature, even goes to say he is amazed at how well my husband knows me based on his responses at the interview in Rabat. Having said this, Pregnancy does not prove much and move mountains all the time. Our daughter is now 5 month old and still does not know her father in person !!! I sent immigration all the ultrasound pictures and such and they didn't believe it was his...my lawyer says it's not all necessary to provide them with a DNA test since the timelines make sense and also she has his last name. I don't want to burst anyone's balloon but i want people to know that NOT always does immigration provide PR right away when a baby is involved. I am a clear example of this. I am so glad to hear of everyone getting their visas now. It makes me happy for you all. At least this is an indication that things are moving along in Rabat and with the immigration progress so far....as for us we still wait....DEC 18th will be two years that our files has been in the whole process...

Keep having faith as all good things come to those who wait patiently. I just wish sometimes it was faster than what we expected!!! but also know that things always happen when they are supposed too and not a moment before...

Indira

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Libyan467 said:
Hello Guys
My husband is from Libya and I am canadian. We are now in the 10th month of our application. He had an interview on June 23rd 2009 to prove our relationship is genuine and he was approved. At that point I thought My husbands file would go to CSIS and a backround check would be done on him. Canadian Immigration keeps asking for more information about my husband. We have sent more docementation 3 times and they still want more. I am very fustrated because from June 23rd until now October 11, 2009 nothing further has happened with our case. My husband is a refugee living in sweden so all of the ordinary docementation that others could provide he cant (rentaL contracts, bank statements, credit card, addresses). We have provided quite a lot of information but at this point we have nothing else to send. I am so fustrated and my poor husband is really stressed. Does anyone else have any issues with CSIS? I know that your husbands are from Morocco but i think it would be the same difficulty level.
The processing is different in your case because your husband has lived in more than one country and it will take CSIS longer to do the security check. Also, Morocco is very cooperative with Canada when it comes to the security checks but Libya is not known to be as cooperative. They are probably looking into the facts of his refugee claim as well. Sorry, but with CSIS, it takes as long as it takes and there's not much you can do but wait. Wish I had better news for you than that.

Indermir, stay strong. I know you've been through a difficult time. Hopefully your full hearing will produce positive results.

Faicals Girl, even though the letter your husband received stated 6 months (ours stated 7) it does not mean that processing will be completed in that time frame. IF an interview is required, it can take much longer. My husband was interviewed at 10 months! I would definitely send them your medical reports or at least provide certified true copies of them for your husband to provide at his interview if it is required. Don't send them proof by email. If it's just a couple of pages, you can fax it to them at the fax number provided on the embassy website. Make sure you CLEARLY identify who's file to attach this information to. You must write the file number, name, date of birth and your name and status as the sponsor on the cover page. But as indimer said, do not count on this as being considered absolute proof of a genuine marriage. And you didn't respond to Stealth's question about if you are from Quebec. The reason we ask is that "usually" we see faster processing times if the spouse is from Quebec. Getting in touch with them at the 5 month mark is not going to produce much in the way of results but you can try. It won't hurt. You might want to order the CAIPS notes on the file. There is a description of how to do this on the previous page of this thread. Good luck!

paixpeace

Mar 17, 2008
IAM HAPPY FOR YOU rjessome GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE

IAM WHIT MY WIFE NOW IN EDMONTON I HAD VERY LONG TRIP IAM ENJOYING THE FIRST SNOW FOR NOW LOLLLL SO EVERYTHNG WENT GOOD IMMIGRATON IN MONTREAL LITTLEBIT BUSSY BUT OK SO IF ANYONE NEED HELP IAM HERE .

agadir08

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Paixpeace,

Congratulations to you and your wife on your safe arrival to Canada! I hope your lives will be very happy and prosperous.You are proof that good things come to those who wait.I hope we all welcome our loved ones here soon,incha allah!

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
paixpeace, mabrouk, and 3la slamtek.

I live in Edmonton also, you will like it. If you want to get to know some Moroccans, at Salah el juma3a, go to the El Rashid Mosque, that is were you will find a few.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on landing paixpeace! Best of luck in your new home city of Edmonton. Dress warmly my friend! It's great that stealth is there too! Agadir08, don't lose hope. Stay strong and positive. We are with you.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
welcome to Canada peacepaix the very best of luck!!!!!!!!!

agadir08....please email me at quietandconfidential@hotmail.com curious i think your husband may have called my husband after his interview.

goodluck to all

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
WELCOME TO CANADA PAIXPEACE

Best of Luck to you !!! Enjoy your new life here with the person you love next .. Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care