+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
Thank you All..
job and everything else is not an issue. He is well settled, hamdolilah.
what we cannot figure out is how long is it going to take for the embassy to send him an appointment confirmation? the website is getting a little confusing and calling doesnt help since no one seems to have a straight answer!
Thank you all again.. :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
solrpr said:
Thank you All..
job and everything else is not an issue. He is well settled, hamdolilah.
what we cannot figure out is how long is it going to take for the embassy to send him an appointment confirmation? the website is getting a little confusing and calling doesnt help since no one seems to have a straight answer!
Thank you all again.. :)
Hi solrpr,

If they deal with visitor visas the same as they deal with spousal apps... there is no straight answer. ::) Every one is completely different. There are people on here that have had their spousal visas in 2 months... up to 5+ years.

I understand a visitor visa is different.. I am just saying that it is anyones guess how long it will take. It is the sad reality of dealing with anything in immigration. Hopefully there is someone on here that has done it successfully and they can give you a time frame.

Best wishes!

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hi solrpr,

If they deal with visitor visas the same as they deal with spousal apps... there is no straight answer. ::) Every one is completely different. There are people on here that have had their spousal visas in 2 months... up to 5+ years.

I understand a visitor visa is different.. I am just saying that it is anyones guess how long it will take. It is the sad reality of dealing with anything in immigration. Hopefully there is someone on here that has done it successfully and they can give you a time frame.

Best wishes!

Thank you Dair. Appreciate your kind reply. I hope this gets worked out soon.. the time frames i read are not very encouraging.. this is very frustrating..
but inchallah.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
solrpr said:
hello All:

hoping someone can help me..
does anyone know how long it takes for the canadian embassy in rabat to offer an appointment for a temporary visa to canada? my boyfriend is in rabat and he is going to try to get a visitor visa. the website says that you have to send them an email to obtain an appointment and then you can go submit your application. but how long does it take to get this appointment? someone told him that it can take a month to just get an appointment to go submit your application??!!! and then the processing times?
that sounds a little too much, but i am not sure. is there any moroccan out here who has been through this? not sponsorship - TRV to canada, just to come visit.

any help is appreciated!
regards
hi slorpr

its very hard to get visitor visa in rabat to go to canada , before my marriage i tried to visit my wife to canada applied in morocco rabat and they denied my visitor s visa and repplied again and the same thing they refused it 3 times they said i do not have enough ties to return to morocco which is not right, try come marry him and apply for sponsorship visa or contract job that would be good too hope this help.

Aziz

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well ....my husband checked the cic website and now they said processing since april 18.2012 received medicals that he redid....so how long do you think its going to take more? i know now its probably security check but my husband never travel outside morocco and defenitely no criminal record so??????
I hope soon......

habibti im happy you have got a date...just try to prepare you and your husband for the full hearing .....i have no idea why they didnt choose the ADR for you it wouldve been easier .......

good luck to all..... ;)

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
aziz2010 said:
hi slorpr

its very hard to get visitor visa in rabat to go to canada , before my marriage i tried to visit my wife to canada applied in morocco rabat and they denied my visitor s visa and repplied again and the same thing they refused it 3 times they said i do not have enough ties to return to morocco which is not right, try come marry him and apply for sponsorship visa or contract job that would be good too hope this help.

Aziz

Thank you Aziz. what kind of ties do they want?? a rope? haha.. if a man has a home , his parents, that should be good..
but anyways, if i come to marry him in morocco, and my parents dont attend the wedding.. is that a bad thing? will it have a negative effect?
my family is not prticularly thrilled about my decision, so i know they wont come..

Thanks again..
i will be asking a lot of questions here! just getting started... :)
you guys are all a lot of help and i have never met such patient people on a forum.
Thank you All!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
vjamal said:
well ....my husband checked the cic website and now they said processing since april 18.2012 received medicals that he redid....so how long do you think its going to take more? i know now its probably security check but my husband never travel outside morocco and defenitely no criminal record so??????
I hope soon......

habibti im happy you have got a date...just try to prepare you and your husband for the full hearing .....i have no idea why they didnt choose the ADR for you it wouldve been easier .......

good luck to all..... ;)
I had no say regarding the ADR. They did not approve it. I was not surprised as this is what my immigration consultant told me. She said that the VO screwed up our application from beginning to end that a full hearing is what is in store for me. A full hearing is like redoing the application from the start. That is why they call it "de novo". I hope you will get good news soon regarding your husband! You are always in my thoughts.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
dair2dv8103100 said:
The problem is we don't have any idea when the Dr sent the medical and my husband refused to take the receipt to the embassy because in the letter he got from them it says to take the letter to the Dr that is doing the medical and they will fill it out and send it to the embassy and that is how they find out it was done. So I have no timeframe to go by. There is no specific date I can count from. Infact I have no idea if the medical is really sent yet or not. Though I cannot imagine he is still holding onto it as he IS a DMP on their list... so he must have some credibility I would hope ???
The doc never told us when the medical would be sent to Paris. The 42 days is counting from the time the medical was done.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
solrpr said:
if i come to marry him in morocco, and my parents dont attend the wedding.. is that a bad thing? will it have a negative effect?
my family is not prticularly thrilled about my decision, so i know they wont come..
No one in my family came to our wedding. We explained in the application why: parents are ill, the expense, and not being able to have time off work. I haven't been back since 1 year and hubby explained in the interview that I had used all of my vacation time and that my employer would not bend on this one.

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
FatimZahra said:
No one in my family came to our wedding. We explained in the application why: parents are ill, the expense, and not being able to have time off work. I haven't been back since 1 year and hubby explained in the interview that I had used all of my vacation time and that my employer would not bend on this one.
Thank you FatimZahra, apprciate the response. :)
regards

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
vjamal said:
I hope soon......
My hubby re-did his medical on Feb 1st. March 15th is was received. April 18th they issued the visa.

What I find odd...they told him on March 15th, in an email, that he was going to be issued a visa but only a month later..April 18th. His visa has a stamp of March 27th on it. Then the cic website updated this week...its says: a decision has been made and someone will be contacting you regarding the decision.

They are so screwed up in their updates it's crazy. Oh and they have his mailing address wrong. They put his work one and not home. I hope they don't send anything to his work...prob never get it.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
solrpr said:
Thank you FatimZahra, apprciate the response. :)
regards
No prob. Welcome to the forum. :)

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
Habibti said:
Hello Patopato! Yes, we got prepared for the interview. Most of the questions, my husband knew what to answer. He had interview yesterday morning and it went fine he told me. He gave very good answers and the visa officer seemed pleased and convinced about his answers. What about you? What was the decision of the visa office finally?
Good morning Habibti:
Would you be able to tell me what kind of questions they ask in the interview? i have tried searching here for interview questions, but i cant seem to find much. Also, since i have a daughter from a previous relationship, does that count against us?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you :)

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
solrpr said:
Thank you Aziz. what kind of ties do they want?? a rope? haha.. if a man has a home , his parents, that should be good..
but anyways, if i come to marry him in morocco, and my parents dont attend the wedding.. is that a bad thing? will it have a negative effect?

Thanks again..
i will be asking a lot of questions here! just getting started... :)
you guys are all a lot of help and i have never met such patient people on a forum.
Thank you All!
hi slorpr thank you for your mail as for ties first thing he should have a stable job or school , 2 enough money to support himself, bank statments 3 last months, if he has a job he should show how much money he gets per months, 4 CNSS it means that the company he work with or government declared him in CNSS ( social services), 5 satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit,
and if you come to marry him it does not matter if your parents comes or not to wedding, you and boyfriend should get lots of pictures with him and his family , proves that your marriage is genuine hope this help if you need any help you can contact me good luck.

Aziz

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
solrpr said:
Good morning Habibti:
Would you be able to tell me what kind of questions they ask in the interview? i have tried searching here for interview questions, but i cant seem to find much. Also, since i have a daughter from a previous relationship, does that count against us?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you :)
Good morning solrpr!
I have a son from a previous relationship. I saw many cases on this forum like yours and it did not play against them. Please note that the VO my husband saw was incompetent. She wrote in her report that he did not answer most of the questions. That is not true. He answered every one of them. I phoned him right after the interview and he told me everything he said to her. Also she wrote lies on her report. She asked him what are his plans for the future with me. He told her his plans. She wrote in her report that he did not have any. She asked him if he discussed with me plans for the future. In her report, she wrote that we never discussed these. How could that be possible!???! All we have been talking about for more than 3 years is our plans for the future! She wrote in her report that my husband's greatest desire is to have children. That is not true! He never wanted to have children and he knows I cannot have children. Even on his worst day, he would have never said something like this! It is like shooting oneself in the foot!

Here are the questions a VO might ask:

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?

2. How did you meet your spouse?

3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?

4. What does your spouse do for a living?

5. Where did your spouse go to school'?

6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?

7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?

8. Where does your spouse work?

9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?

10. What does the job entail?

I l. Does your spouse like his or her job?

12. What is the salary?

13. Where does your spouse live?

14. Whom does your spouse live with?

15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?

16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.

17. What is your religion?

18. What is the religion of your spouse?

18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?

19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.

20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.

21. What type of music do you enjoy?

22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?

23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?

24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?

25. What kind of books do you read?

26. What kind of books does your spouse read?

27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.

28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?

29. Was your marriage arranged?

30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?

31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?

32. Where was it held?

33. When was it held?

34. Describethe ceremony?

35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.

36. When did you get married?

37. Where did you get married?

38. Who was at the wedding?

39. What family members were there?

40. How many people were at the ceremony?

41. What day was the ceremony held on?

42. Who performed the ceremony?

43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?

44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?

45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?

46. Were any friends present?

47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?

48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?

49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?

50. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?

51. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?

52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?

53. Who was present at the reception?

54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.

55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?

56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and reception?

57. Have you or your spouse been married before?

58. Why was that relationship dissolved?

59. Do you have any children from your current relationship or marriage?

60. How many children?

61. What are the names and birth dates?

62. Where are the children now?

63. Who looks after the children?

64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.

65. What relatives do you have in Canada?

66. What are their names and where do they live?

67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?

68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?

69. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?

70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?

71. What will you do when you go to Canada'?

72. Why did you marry your spouse?

73. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?

74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?

75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?

76. How do you correspond with your spouse?

77. How often do you talk on the phone?

78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?

79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.

80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?

81. Does your spouse support you financially?

82. Do you support your spouse financially?

83. If I refuse this application what will you do?