Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Habibti said:
Yes, one afternoon. A hearing lasts around 4 hours. We have one month to prepare the book, to build our case as it must be received at least one month before the hearing date. You cannot imagine the roller-coaster of emotions I am going through now. And if we lose? How can I leave for Morocco? Better yet... if we win? It will be the most wonderful summer ever in Morocco!
Oh my Habibti! I can imagine the roller coaster!! You have a lot of proof built up to support your relationship. Wishing you the best!

noureddine

Feb 26, 2012
hello again ! i hope everyone is fine .. I do not know really how to start speech in 10th april i got i call from embassy but i missed it because i was not close to my phone. on Thursday i got another call from them but when i answered i didnt heart anything my phone had a probelm..after i check out the website i found the interview 19th april .. i dont know what i have to do now ??? do they will call me again or i have to call them?
thanks

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
noureddine said:
hello again ! i hope everyone is fine .. I do not know really how to start speech in 10th april i got i call from embassy but i missed it because i was not close to my phone. on Thursday i got another call from them but when i answered i didnt heart anything my phone had a probelm..after i check out the website i found the interview 19th april .. i dont know what i have to do now ??? do they will call me again or i have to call them?
thanks
hi in this matter your interview on 19th april so that last was thursday the probleme is if you phone them there will be only machine answering your call so its better if you go to embassy in person or try to email them but the better if you go to rabat embassy i wish you good luck.

Aziz

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
noureddine said:
thanks
Hi Noureddine, I suggest you email them to request a meeting...in the email explain your mobile isn't working properly and hopefully they will be willing to reschedule. Best of luck.

Request a meeting: VRT-Maroc@international.gc.ca

General inquiry: rabat.immigration@international.gc.ca

Monday: 08:00 – 16:30
Tuesday: 08:00 – 16:30
Wednesday: 08:00 – 16:30
Thursday: 08:00 – 16:30
Friday: 08:00 – 13:30

Comments: Open to the public Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 to 10:00 for applications for visitors visas, study permits, work permits and permanent resident travel documents.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:00 to 10:00 For immigrant visa pick-ups. The immigration section will be closed to the public on Fridays.

noureddine

Feb 26, 2012
aziz2010 , FatimZahra
thank you for answers , i will try to call them on monday or email them if i cant get any answer i have to go to rabat

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
So still waiting. We are officially past the 8 month mark now.

I have been so depressed lately... so concerned about what is going to happen. It has been dabilitating ... I can't eat and I have holidays coming up and I can't even imagine enjoying it.

What steps can I take from here now that we have passed 8 months. Should I email the embassy? Would they even respond? Should I contact immigration here? Would they know anything? I am sure I have seen it a thousand times here but my brain is so muddled at the moment.

I really hope that everyone is successful in either their appeals or in getting their spouses here this year. There is so few people that can relate to what I am going through. So I appreciate you all very much.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
dair2dv8103100 said:
So still waiting. We are officially past the 8 month mark now.

I have been so depressed lately... so concerned about what is going to happen. It has been dabilitating ... I can't eat and I have holidays coming up and I can't even imagine enjoying it.

What steps can I take from here now that we have passed 8 months. Should I email the embassy? Would they even respond? Should I contact immigration here? Would they know anything? I am sure I have seen it a thousand times here but my brain is so muddled at the moment.

I really hope that everyone is successful in either their appeals or in getting their spouses here this year. There is so few people that can relate to what I am going through. So I appreciate you all very much.
Hey Dair, we went by the time it said when we applied, which was 10 months. It seems to fit our waiting times. As for the medical...it took 42 days to hear a response from Rabat that they received it.

Its tough waiting and sure takes a toll on us.

I hope you hear something soon!!!

HUGZ

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FatimZahra said:
Hey Dair, we went by the time it said when we applied, which was 10 months. It seems to fit our waiting times. As for the medical...it took 42 days to hear a response from Rabat that they received it.
The problem is we don't have any idea when the Dr sent the medical and my husband refused to take the receipt to the embassy because in the letter he got from them it says to take the letter to the Dr that is doing the medical and they will fill it out and send it to the embassy and that is how they find out it was done. So I have no timeframe to go by. There is no specific date I can count from. Infact I have no idea if the medical is really sent yet or not. Though I cannot imagine he is still holding onto it as he IS a DMP on their list... so he must have some credibility I would hope ???

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
The problem is we don't have any idea when the Dr sent the medical and my husband refused to take the receipt to the embassy because in the letter he got from them it says to take the letter to the Dr that is doing the medical and they will fill it out and send it to the embassy and that is how they find out it was done. So I have no timeframe to go by. There is no specific date I can count from. Infact I have no idea if the medical is really sent yet or not. Though I cannot imagine he is still holding onto it as he IS a DMP on their list... so he must have some credibility I would hope ???

Hi, i don't know if this is any help. but last friday morning i send an email to the embassy asking if they have receive the medical paper and where is our case by now... they responded to me saying that in 5 days i should receive news on CIC.. or check their website.. i dont remember exactly on my email cuz im at work now... but they said to not call for info... and thats it

Good luck and don't give up :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
djinna said:
Hi, i don't know if this is any help. but last friday morning i send an email to the embassy asking if they have receive the medical paper and where is our case by now... they responded to me saying that in 5 days i should receive news on CIC.. or check their website.. i dont remember exactly on my email cuz im at work now... but they said to not call for info... and thats it

Good luck and don't give up :)
Hi djinna,

Yes I have received this same message from them. Basically it means that if you do not hear from them within 5 business days that you can find the information you requested on their website. This is just a form response that everyone gets when they email them.

I never ended up getting a response from them. They simply mailed the letter we asked about to my husband. Which is why I am frustrated with them... they could simply have said they sent the letter and to watch for it in the mail. Instead we sat there not knowing what to do for 2 weeks. So incredibly frustrating.

I have contacted my MP's office and they are going to make an inquiry for me. I don't know if it will do any good but at least it will show that we are not just sitting here doing nothing.

Here's hoping they are able to get some information.

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hi djinna,

Yes I have received this same message from them. Basically it means that if you do not hear from them within 5 business days that you can find the information you requested on their website. This is just a form response that everyone gets when they email them.

I never ended up getting a response from them. They simply mailed the letter we asked about to my husband. Which is why I am frustrated with them... they could simply have said they sent the letter and to watch for it in the mail. Instead we sat there not knowing what to do for 2 weeks. So incredibly frustrating.

I have contacted my MP's office and they are going to make an inquiry for me. I don't know if it will do any good but at least it will show that we are not just sitting here doing nothing.

Here's hoping they are able to get some information.

ahhhhhhhh thank you, i didnt know that and i was so happy -.-
i hope we will get a positive answer very soon
usually morrocan say it takes 6 month . lots of people told me that and someone brought his wife in 6 month! if its more then there is a problem... i hope the agent will work and won't let our file sleep on the desk...... on the french forum site, someone had a call to give more proof and 2 month after he got his visa. i think he send his file on august or november... anyway we will have to wait... each case is different...

good luck :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am not sure where the 6month figure comes from but that is actually quite fast for Rabat and even though some have made it through that quickly.... the majority is longer.

It is a gruelling process that I don't wish on anyone.

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
hello All:

hoping someone can help me..
does anyone know how long it takes for the canadian embassy in rabat to offer an appointment for a temporary visa to canada? my boyfriend is in rabat and he is going to try to get a visitor visa. the website says that you have to send them an email to obtain an appointment and then you can go submit your application. but how long does it take to get this appointment? someone told him that it can take a month to just get an appointment to go submit your application??!!! and then the processing times?
that sounds a little too much, but i am not sure. is there any moroccan out here who has been through this? not sponsorship - TRV to canada, just to come visit.

any help is appreciated!
regards

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello,

To be honest , getting a visitor visa is very difficult from Morocco.
Your boyfriend would have to show some very strong ties to Morocco that will show that he will return to Morocco after the visit. He would need a good sum of money in his bank account for several months, and the evidence of how he got the money, he would also need a really good paying job that he would be returning to, as well as a house that he owns would really help.
There are those that have all that evidence , and they still get refused because they are considered a risk of not returning to Morocco.
You can give it a try, but the odds are really against him I'm afraid.

Good luck

solrpr said:
hello All:

hoping someone can help me..
does anyone know how long it takes for the canadian embassy in rabat to offer an appointment for a temporary visa to canada? my boyfriend is in rabat and he is going to try to get a visitor visa. the website says that you have to send them an email to obtain an appointment and then you can go submit your application. but how long does it take to get this appointment? someone told him that it can take a month to just get an appointment to go submit your application??!!! and then the processing times?
that sounds a little too much, but i am not sure. is there any moroccan out here who has been through this? not sponsorship - TRV to canada, just to come visit.

any help is appreciated!
regards

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
hoping75 said:
Hello,

To be honest , getting a visitor visa is very difficult from Morocco.
Your boyfriend would have to show some very strong ties to Morocco that will show that he will return to Morocco after the visit. He would need a good sum of money in his bank account for several months, and the evidence of how he got the money, he would also need a really good paying job that he would be returning to, as well as a house that he owns would really help.
There are those that have all that evidence , and they still get refused because they are considered a risk of not returning to Morocco.
You can give it a try, but the odds are really against him I'm afraid.
Yes, hoping75 is right I think. If I remember well, my husband in 2008 (we were not married at the time) wanted to come as a visitor. He had to have a great sum of money in the bank account, a steady job for the past 2 years or registered in a university... something like that.