+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
aziz2010 said:
yes my wife is the sponsor and recieved the file from Mississauga asking her about tax annual income and she phoned em today and they told her our file is being processed but why they asked for tax annual income ???

Aziz
i think you are talking about the printout option C?!!!
that's right they ask for that,to make sure your wife(the sponsor)doesn't take any social assistance(welfare)
tell me aziz,when did your wife sent in the application to Mississauga?

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
I sent the blue copy that we receive in July from having filed income tax.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
gladiateur19 said:
i think you are talking about the printout option C?!!!
that's right they ask for that,to make sure your wife(the sponsor)doesn't take any social assistance(welfare)
tell me aziz,when did your wife sent in the application to Mississauga?
hi frankly what does it mean printout option C ? and my wife sent the returned application with her tax to Mississauga about 3 weeks ago she phoned them yesterday they told her that the file is being processed and that she would hear from them soon inshalah thanks and looking forward hearing from you.

Aziz

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
Hi,

They never asked me for my tax income and just recently when they called my husband for more proof they asked me to do IMM 5540 which ask if im working now and how much i make per month and all my previous job!
am i ok if they never ask me for income tax??

also i check all my paper before i sent the application last november and i saw the IMM 5540 but on the guide its said don't do it if you are a resident of Quebec. i am a resident of Quebec and still now they are asking me to do this......

well i hope everything will go alright!!

Good luck everyone!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
aziz2010 said:
hi frankly what does it mean printout option C ? and my wife sent the returned application with her tax to Mississauga about 3 weeks ago she phoned them yesterday they told her that the file is being processed and that she would hear from them soon inshalah thanks and looking forward hearing from you.

Aziz
well then im happy for you,,so son inshallah you will hear good news

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi,
I'd be happy to help you with any questions that I can answer. I sent you a personal message also.

solrpr said:
Hi Lynn/Hoping..
you seem to have been on this forum for quite some time, hence i am taking the liberty to talk to you directly.
i am a canadian citizen getting ready to marry my mr. moroccan. but i have so many questions. and i feel a little awkward posting them all here..
i live in toronto and work with the provincial govt. here.
is there any way i could perhaps chat with you directly?

would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
solrpr said:
Hi Lynn/Hoping..
you seem to have been on this forum for quite some time, hence i am taking the liberty to talk to you directly.
i am a canadian citizen getting ready to marry my mr. moroccan. but i have so many questions. and i feel a little awkward posting them all here..
i live in toronto and work with the provincial govt. here.
is there any way i could perhaps chat with you directly?

would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
I'm not in Canada right now, but once you make enough posts you can pm me. I'd be happy to answer any questions!

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Hello to all! I just talked to my husband on msn and he had this crazy idea. I need your advice and recommendations as I don't dislike his idea. You know... I am planning to visit him from June 28 to September 5. He said he would like to spend his summer in another location with me. He has enough of Morocco and I must say I am fed up with it too. Will be my 5th time there and I am getting tired. There is so much to see in the rest of the world! Since he does not need a visa to go to Turkey, we could meet there and spend 10 weeks together in that country. What do you think? Is it a crazy idea? I don't mind as I can do my work from any place in the world (I am a French instructor online). Is it feasible? It won't hurt our appeal? Thanks! And Happy Easter!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Habibti said:
Hello to all! I just talked to my husband on msn and he had this crazy idea. I need your advice and recommendations as I don't dislike his idea. You know... I am planning to visit him from June 28 to September 5. He said he would like to spend his summer in another location with me. He has enough of Morocco and I must say I am fed up with it too. Will be my 5th time there and I am getting tired. There is so much to see in the rest of the world! Since he does not need a visa to go to Turkey, we could meet there and spend 10 weeks together in that country. What do you think? Is it a crazy idea? I don't mind as I can do my work from any place in the world (I am a French instructor online). Is it feasible? It won't hurt our appeal? Thanks! And Happy Easter!
Sounds wonderful and it can only help your appeal!

Lynn

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Sounds like a great idea! I agree with Lynn, it can only help.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi habibti, i think its sounds great maybe expensive but you need to still go to morrocco and take pics with the family for the appeal its much better .....not to make them think you guys kind of abandonned the family to go to turkey!!!! immigration they think all sorts of things that we would never think of ....

im not sure if ur okay with traveling but within morocco other cities that you can go see.....

well my hubby redid the medicals march 19th and now still silence ......i hate this silence......

good luck everyone....

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
vjamal said:
well my hubby redid the medicals march 19th and now still silence ......i hate this silence......
The silence is deafening. I finally got a response after making a case specific enquiry - apparently we are STILL in security checks. WTF. So why ask for all that additional documentation? We are going to hit the 5 year mark in 2 months. If nothing has been resolved by then, it might be time to do something drastic.

I'm so sick of this sh#$.

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
hi habibti, i think its sounds great maybe expensive but you need to still go to morrocco and take pics with the family for the appeal its much better .....not to make them think you guys kind of abandonned the family to go to turkey!!!! immigration they think all sorts of things that we would never think of ....

im not sure if ur okay with traveling but within morocco other cities that you can go see.....

good luck everyone....
Thank you vjamal! You have a very good point and I thought of it. Anyway... my husband was not serious when he talked about this idea. It was just wishful thinking. I don't have the extra money for him to fly to Turkey. It is more important to pay for my appeal and to go visit him. But he had this other idea that I found more realistic and more feasible. We are going to rent a car on weekends and/or other days he does not have to go to work so we can be more free and more independent. It will be less stressful and less tiring. We are going to bring a little tent and camp on the beaches. My husband is going to cook the tagine right on the beach :)

And we can visit many places on our own pace and time with no restrictions, like Fez, Ifrane, etc. This time I will make SURE to make my old dream come true... go to the Sahara desert !!! There are organized expeditions to sleep in a tent among the Berbers! There are 79 days left :)

Yes, the silence must be awful. I don't look forward to go through that...

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
locolynn said:
The silence is deafening. I finally got a response after making a case specific enquiry - apparently we are STILL in security checks. WTF. So why ask for all that additional documentation? We are going to hit the 5 year mark in 2 months. If nothing has been resolved by then, it might be time to do something drastic.

I'm so sick of this sh#$.

Lynn
I cannot believe it Lynn! You deserve war medals! lol If I was in your shoes I would go completely nuts! It is not human they way they treat you! What is the drastic thing you are thinking of?

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Habibti said:
I cannot believe it Lynn! You deserve war medals! lol If I was in your shoes I would go completely nuts! It is not human they way they treat you! What is the drastic thing you are thinking of?
It's a writ of mandamus. I've read about it on this site. I think it's when the file has been with cic for an unreasonable amount of time, a writ of mandamus can force them to make a decision. I'm super hazy on the details. And I REALLY don't want to mess around with lawyers etc. Especially if it's going to get me nowhere. So I'll wait a little longer...what pisses me off is - I get that earlier my husband did a lot of travelling that they may have questions about - but since we filed the application he has been in Morocco and Taiwan. There is NO reason that this should be going on and on and on. If he had done something that disqualified him from immigrating - then they would have just denied us the visa. So obviously there is nothing. This is getting super effing ridiculous. Excuse my (alluded to) bad language.

Lynn