+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Hi Boras,
Yes, I don't understand that either. Rachid did have his interview on the 5th. I'm hoping he will get a call on Monday.
- Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Thank you Boras. Abdel calmed me down as well. I don't have much patience, but I do hope we get good news on Monday.
- Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Abdel should be in Canada now! I think he landed 15 minutes ago! Oh, such excitement! Ha-ha!
- Lady Penny

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hi this is Yasmina (isabelle)
I posted a few messages here before but lost my darn password so had to open a new acount at the moment
I have not came by the forum for so long as im been extremely busy with work and visa stuff

I found a good friend here my felow sister Cindy.. she is now gone to meet her husband so excited for her
As i just read alot of old emails i see Abdel got his visa!!!
Alhamdoulilah its so wonderfull news !!!
just reading it , gave me tears i thought look look someone actualy got it '
i thought wow that is so good
how is avryone ?? i plan on coming on the forum on a regular basis now that the waiting process has started and things at work is calmer lol

Penny how is the porcess going for your daughters husband??
My husband is living in Tiznit near agadir
Im planing on going there in a few more months i think in 3 months im going back but im so scared if i stay to long that will cause problems with the visa process
does anyone know about this ?
if a sponcor can stay out of canada for some time
I would love to go there for a good 3 months again

I found Cindy here and hope to make much more friends who are in the same boat!!
Best Regards
Isabelle

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello
yes lady penny im in canada im with my beautiful wife we are so happy to be together
yes i came to vancouver airoport about 22h25 ,the first flight from casablanca to heathrow was delayed for one hour,and the second stayed about one hour and half in the gate
my trip it was so easy ,i found my way in heathrow in a few minutes ,and after i enjoyed my lunch at one fast food restaurant
after i slept in the flight from london to van ,in the vancouver airoport i was surprised it was so quiet and clean and the people so nice and polite,i stamped my passport at the police after they asked me to go pick up my lugagge after ,i went to the immigration ,then the immigration officer asked me a few questions and i signed one document after he told me WELCOME TO CANDA ,then i shook his hand and told him thank you
im writing this message and loretta corrects my english and says hi to all the friends here
i have to go now write more later
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Welcome to Canada Abdel!!!!

I'm so happy to hear everything was easy with your journey here. I'm sure it is a relief to finally arrive and be with your wife after all this time. We are all thinking of you and this very special day. Soon we will all be so lucky to be together with our loved ones.

Please give my best to Loretta and mabrouk arrival in Canada!

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hello Everyone;

I will give a bit of an update from our end...

Rachid has his flight booked for next weekend on Lufthansa. Thanks to Mornie for tippping us off - we have discovered he will need a transit visa to basically be allowed in the Frankfurt airport. Abdel went to the German Embassy in Rabat on Friday for us to get more information (thanks Abdel - I can't believe you made time for this on the day before you left Morocco) and he got us a phone number. Tomorrow we will know more - but I did speak with someone at the German Embassy in Vancouver and they basically said he will need one. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous (it's 60 euros) as to need a visa in order to wait in an airport. We may switch to British Airways if it seems like too much of a hassle. Once again, this forum and everyone here has been so invalubale in helping each other with information to help make this process easier.

I moved into a new place yesterday (after 4 months of looking) and now starting to unpack and get things ready for Rachid's arrival. He may delay his flight for one week (two weeks from now) as he's feeling like there isn't much time get everything ready to leave. Either way he'll be here soon.

Congratulations to Mornie and Kelly on the good news!!! Now your reunion is in your hands, not immigration's. It's a much better feeling once that confirmation happens. I'm sure your daughter and son-in-law will hear soon - glad that they're able to be together while they wait.

All for now,

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Oops - my last bit about daughter and son-in-law was directed at Penny - forgot to mention your name (I was talking to you in my mind).

Tracy

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Congratulations!!! TO AVRYONE!!
WELCOME ALL TO CANADA!

YOUR JOURNEY FOR THE VISA IS DONE
AND MINE IS JUST STARTING BUT YOUR STORIES WILL GIVE US HOPE!!
ISABELLE

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks Tracy. I do hope Rachid gets a call tomorrow.
Good news! I just talked to Loretta and Abdel! It was so good to see them so happy. I'm glad he told us about the getting through customs part. So, maybe it won't be so bad.
I was thinking that if I'm this impatient about all of this as a "Mother-in-law", what must you be going through as wives? I do have sympathy for all of you, and I think of you all the time.
- Lady Penny

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hi Boras
yes I got married the end of last year
and we aplied in canada as for me beeing a sponcor i need to have a job and living in canada.
when did u aply?
hope avryone is well
Yasmina

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
hI BORAS
SURE YOUR WIFE CAN EMAIL ME ANYTIME
IF U GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I BE GLAD TO HELP
AND THANK YOU I DO HOPE TO HAVE A FAST PROCESS LIKE SOME OTHERS HERE IN THIS FORUM
INSHALLAH

BEST REGARDS
yASMINA

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
Welcome to Canada Abdel! I am happy you had a safe journey.
Thanks for all your best wishes guys.

Mornie

Najma

Jul 9, 2007
Hello everyone and anyone. I just recently married a man from Morocco and I live in British Columbia, Canada. It took us several months to get all the paperwork together and close to three weeks to get the proper papers together in Morocco to allow us to marry there. Now I am facing the job of sponsoring him to come to canada and I do not want to make any mistakes. I think we made one mistake back in December when I sent a letter requesting a visitor visa for him. I had said he was my fiance' (which he was) and he was turned down with the reason of not having enough ties to return to Morocco. So unfortunately we did not have Christmas together with my children. If anyone has any good information on how I should proceed, I would really appreciate it. I have contacted an immigration lawyer but now have to come up with the retainer. I have been told we face a difficult road ahead as I am older than he is and I have two younger children with special needs at home. I would like him here as soon as possible to be these childrens father. I adopted these children at birth and they are growing fast. I miss him terribly but cannot afford to take my children there. Please, any information will help. Thank you so much. I am new to this site, but from the letters I have read, it sounds like a helpful site. Have a great day!!

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Hi Nayma,
My daughter's then fiance started to try to get a visitor's visa, but after I spoke to a Moroccan man here in Canada, he said that if he was refused a visitor's visa, it would be harder for him to get another visa, so we dropped the application. Instead, we, my husband, myself and my daughter took a wonderful trip to Morocco. My daughter was married there.
As far as the sponsorship goes, I wouldn't get a lawyer. I would try to do this yourself first. If you read through this forum, the people will give you lots of info you will need for sponsorship as well as permanent residency for your husband. It shouldn't matter that you are older. If you have employment, and can show that you can support your husband, you shouldn't have a problem. Just read through this forum and see what you will need. Good luck!
- Penny