+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hello Everyone;

Happy belated Canada Day everyone! Hopefully tomorrow will bring more good news to club members regarding visas, etc. I'm sure the Embassy was closed today as it's a holiday in Canada.

We are planning for my husband to arrive in Canada mid month as he is getting his visa on Wednesday. I have so much to do (yes Kelly, I found a place to live) but I'm so excited about his arrival. It's been a day I dreamed about for so long and soon it will happen.

Samir - it sounds like you are getting married very soon. I hope your wife has read the application guide before she leaves. You will need to make sure your PR application is complete and signed so she can take it back to Canada with her. There is a lot to explain about the application - the best thing to do is read it carefully and go over it together while your wife is in Morocco. If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask the group - many of us have had successful applications.

Cindy - you must be leaving for Morocco soon! Have a wonderful trip and I hope everything goes smoothly with your marriage. It sounds like you guys are pretty prepared.

Take care everyone,

Tracy

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello to everyone
tracy im with rachid from the morning he had the VISA juste a few minutes from now
WE ARE IN ONE CYBER HE WILL SEND YOU ONE E MAIL NOW CONGRATULATION TRACY
ABDEL

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello dear lady penny
i was at the embassy today with tracy's husband and i met all the people who had the interview with me ,they have the visa juste today at 16h00 in the same time as rachid tracy's husband,now i think that rachid will receive the call in the end of this week or in monday
good day to everyone
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Thanks Abdel!

Yes - Rachid sent me a crazy email with the good news. I'm so glad you were able to spend some time together before you leave Morocco. Good luck with the long flight to Vancouver - I'm sure everything will be ok with your travels (navigating London/Heathrow). I look forward to meeting both you and Loretta very soon.

I am so excited I'm already having a hard time sleeping - can't believe I'll see my husband in 11 days! I'm sure everyone else who is waiting will hear news soon - the Embassy appears to be processing visas quicker than they indicate on the website. Thank God for that!

Take care everyone,

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Tracy that is great news! Thank you for thinking of the rest of us. I don't know, but I think this is the hardest part, waiting for that phone call. I phoned Rachid and Christina on Skype an hour ago, and they said that every time his phone rings, he thinks it's going to be the Embassy. I could tell by the way he answered his phone, that he thought that it might be them.
- Lady Penny

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Yes - I know that crazy feeling too! The last few days seem to be harder - just because you know you will get news any day. It's so hard to be patient even though you know the news will be good. At least your daughter and son-in-law can wait together!! Will she wait to return to Canada at the same time - I guess it's hard to say until they get the official word from the Embassy... That's so exciting that they're waiting for the news together in Morocco.

For us it's been a long six months - but worth the wait.

Hang in everyone,

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Tracy,
My daughter is returning to Canada on the 17th. I looked at the fare for the flights she is taking. They are very expensive from Casa. One way from Casa to Calgary is $4418.75. A return ticket is $2627.21. Then the flight from Calgary to Wpg. has to be booked. Royal Air Maroc is $761 one way, plus ticket from Montreal to Wpg. August fares are $1205.00
I can't believe how expensive BA is!
Best wishes,
Lady Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks Raven, but after looking at the site, Air Canada has a better fare. I am a fellow Ontarian.
- Lady Penny

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Penny and everyone;

I am booking a flight from Casa to Vancouver via Lufthansa/Condor (one-way). I would book it through expedia but they only issue paper tickets for this flight ($1,300 Cdn) and thus can't get it to Morocco in time (need about 10 days to to me then to Morocco). I've contacted Lufthansa directly and will get the same flight for $1,500 Cdn. I also like that fact that it is routed through Frankfurt - a smaller airport than Heathrow and easier to navigate for first time flyers (and for experienced flyers).

Tracy

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
Hi everyone,

I am very happy today. I just received a call from Rachid that the embassy called for him to pick up his visa next wednesday.
Kelly - he said he spoke with Nourdine and that he will also be picking up his visa next week. Congratulations!
The long wait has finally paid off! I would like to thank everyone for all their kind words and support. This forum has definately made the wait easier. Shoukran.

Mornie

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello
Congratulations kelly and mornie im so happy for you two ,finally you will be with your husband's and start a new life
im leaving morocco tomorrow morning
plz i need you to pry for me and think of me tomorrow
abdel

Nooda

Star Member
Jun 25, 2007
Congratulations kelly and mornie.
Abdel : Have a good trip, bon voyage, Inshallah tawsal bisalam.
Nooda

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Abdel should be in London now. I bet we're all thinking of him. He should be in London at 9:30 p.m. EST I think. I hope he is okay.
- His Lady Penny