Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
??? last night I checked my husbands info on CIC and everything was there...this morning I checked again and his address has disappeared, what does this mean??? Has this happened to anyone here also?? It still says in process... :'(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hayati said:
??? last night I checked my husbands info on CIC and everything was there...this morning I checked again and his address has disappeared, what does this mean??? Has this happened to anyone here also?? It still says in process... :'(
It most cases, it means that the file was opened by a VO.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
I've had that & that his name was spelled wrong :eek: but they eventually corrected it.

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PMM said:
Hi

It most cases, it means that the file was opened by a VO.
:)PMM thank you so much..I've read many threads on here and you have helped so many people ,,you rock girl..again thanks ;)

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rjessome said:
LOL! HE is definitely great.
:eek: ohhhhhh iam sorry,,I always thought PMM was a girl,,,just the same agreed he is awesome,,,+1 for you PMM.... ;D

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
Hello all
I to am married to a morrocain man and he has been here for 2yrs 1 mth. He was approved with no interview. He had a good job back home working with a government school. He was very sweet and caring and to this day is the same way. If anything Canada has changed him a little. Made him a little harder not so nieve and more focused on what is needed here. He now attends school to get his gr 12 sciences as his schooling is not recognized he experiences many new feelings he never felt before (ie. scared, worry, anxiety, depression ) and that is because he finds it a little difficult separating his life in morocco ( excellent grades, work, constant money) with his new life here ( average grades, no work, no steady income) I keep telling him it's a new country new experiences and new feelings here, but we will work through it all together. We joke when he finishes his college in another 3-4 yrs and we then can relax when all is finished we say.

I remember talking on the net with many ppl overseas egypt, algeria, morocco, germany, holland, Canada, USA. I wasn't lookin for a relationship I just wanted to learn and talk but believe me there was a few I wish I never spoke to and new they where looking to come to canada with lots of red flags, but as I said I wasn't looking. Things however did change when I met and started speaking with my husband his personality and caring smile came through his words and camera. So I journeyed to Morocco 8 mths after knowing him being the first time on a plane and international flight. Let me tell u ppl asked if I was crazy... I said perhaps but I just had a calm and knew he wouldn't hurt me it was just a feeling.. if I could explain I would but I knew and anyway I was just going over to visit a friend never did we ever talk about marriage it was just a holiday and he wanted to show me morocco he was proud to be my guide.. We both enjoyed each others company and had so much in common continued to talk. I went back to marry almost another yr later. That's how it all started for me.. Yes I took a chance and fate and won.. I was well aware of my duties as a wife and sponsor and made every effort to make sure it was going to work no matter how much work I had to put into it at first

As for mine and my husband's relationship here in Canada we have had a lot of good times we're best friends,committed lovers and sure some silly arguments but what marriage doesn't.. I would do it all over again I love him very much and the issues that arise just make us stronger.. If ever you have questions msg me I will speak honest about our experience as a muti-cultural couple...

The biggest shock for him was some of the ppl being lazy and kids here in Canada being so unruley . I to am a mother of 2 teens 1 boy and 1 girl and both gave him a run for his money you need to set ground rules and stick to them and those where set mostly for kids. They had him trying to run back home once or twice poor man but he stuck it out and now they ask him questions and to do things before they ask me.. and he still puts them in their place by doing a lot of talking and picking battles.. He is a very good stepfather and would give anything for my kids and myself.

My husband does become depressed at times because I do have to work to pay all things but when summer comes he works hard at finding anything to put forth his share..painting, cutting grass, handyman even a few immigrants who have been here for 20-30 yrs help by calling on him to fix something if they need it, it all helps and can be done if you both put hard work into it. Some may not pay much but it keeps his pride up.

Get him started in getting his basic gr 12 (adult learning he will need english transcripts of his schooling back home) and have him take any free learning courses (ie computers, word, job interviews, etc..) again unemployment offers some free classes and check out your college if ur husband's english is good they offer A.C.E program it gives you courses free gr12 to able u to get into college courses when finished..All this will help with his english and looks good on resume and while completing that he can look for work and he does have a better chance at getting it because the government will pay the employer monies to hire immigrants. Go to your unemployment office or look up any immigrant services in your town I know here we have Goodwill and they help a little. And sometimes u may just have to bite the bullet and take on a 2nd job, a lot of families have 1 person who has to take on a 2nd job.

There are good men out there ... not all are looking just to come to Canada, but you must keep ur eyes open and see the red flags ask questions and be honest with yourself , you'll just know if it is right especially if aren't looking for it.

Good Luck and best of luck to all !!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right on. I totally can relate to the part about getting on a plane to visit a stranger and it ending up a dream come true. And your post shows how immigrants are not always better off here either. Language is one thing, but there are plenty of immigrants who come here speaking English or French perfectly and they have to start from scratch. My husband and I know a guy who was a lawyer in Bulgaria and is delivering bread to stores in the wee hours of the morning here in Quebec (his French is perfect). Your husband came to Canada and accepted the sacrifices because of you, and I have faith that he will make it here and be depended on financially by his family - just like he was in Morocco.
hopeful_waiting said:
Hello all
I to am married to a morrocain man and he has been here for 2yrs 1 mth. He was approved with no interview. He had a good job back home working with a government school. He was very sweet and caring and to this day is the same way. If anything Canada has changed him a little. Made him a little harder not so nieve and more focused on what is needed here. He now attends school to get his gr 12 sciences as his schooling is not recognized he experiences many new feelings he never felt before (ie. scared, worry, anxiety, depression ) and that is because he finds it a little difficult separating his life in morocco ( excellent grades, work, constant money) with his new life here ( average grades, no work, no steady income) I keep telling him it's a new country new experiences and new feelings here, but we will work through it all together. We joke when he finishes his college in another 3-4 yrs and we then can relax when all is finished we say.

I remember talking on the net with many ppl overseas egypt, algeria, morocco, germany, holland, Canada, USA. I wasn't lookin for a relationship I just wanted to learn and talk but believe me there was a few I wish I never spoke to and new they where looking to come to canada with lots of red flags, but as I said I wasn't looking. Things however did change when I met and started speaking with my husband his personality and caring smile came through his words and camera. So I journeyed to Morocco 8 mths after knowing him being the first time on a plane and international flight. Let me tell u ppl asked if I was crazy... I said perhaps but I just had a calm and knew he wouldn't hurt me it was just a feeling.. if I could explain I would but I knew and anyway I was just going over to visit a friend never did we ever talk about marriage it was just a holiday and he wanted to show me morocco he was proud to be my guide.. We both enjoyed each others company and had so much in common continued to talk. I went back to marry almost another yr later. That's how it all started for me.. Yes I took a chance and fate and won.. I was well aware of my duties as a sponsor and made every effort to make sure it was going to work no matter how much work I had to put into it at first

As for mine and my husband's relationship here in Canada we have had a lot of good times we're best friends,committed lovers and sure some silly arguments but what marriage doesn't.. I would do it all over again I love him very much and the issues that arise just make us stronger.. If ever you have questions msg me I will speak honest about our experience as a muti-cultural couple...

The biggest shock for him was some of the ppl being lazy and kids here in Canada being so unruley . I to am a mother of 2 teens 1 boy and 1 girl and both gave him a run for his money you need to set ground rules and stick to them and those where set mostly for kids. They had him trying to run back home once or twice poor man but he stuck it out and now they ask him questions and to do things before they ask me.. and he still puts them in their place by doing a lot of talking and picking battles.. He is a very good stepfather and would give anything for my kids and myself.

My husband does become depressed at times because I do have to work to pay all things but when summer comes he works hard at finding anything to put forth his share..painting, cutting grass, handyman even a few immigrants who have been here for 20-30 yrs help by calling on him to fix something if they need it, it all helps and can be done if you both put hard work into it. Some may not pay much but it keeps his pride up.

Get him started in getting his basic gr 12 (adult learning he will need english transcripts of his schooling back home) and have him take any free learning courses (ie computers, word, job interviews, etc..) again unemployment offers some free classes and check out your college if ur husband's english is good they offer A.C.E program it gives you courses free gr12 to able u to get into college courses when finished..All this will help with his english and looks good on resume and while completing that he can look for work and he does have a better chance at getting it because the government will pay the employer monies to hire immigrants. Go to your unemployment office or look up any immigrant services in your town I know here we have Goodwill and they help a little. And sometimes u may just have to bite the bullet and take on a 2nd job, a lot of families have 1 person who has to take on a 2nd job.

There are good men out there ... not all are looking just to come to Canada, but you must keep ur eyes open and see the red flags ask questions and be honest with yourself , you'll just know if it is right especially if aren't looking for it.

Good Luck and best of luck to all !!!

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
ddobro2 said:
Right on. I totally can relate to the part about getting on a plane to visit a stranger and it ending up a dream come true. And your post shows how immigrants are not always better off here either. Language is one thing, but there are plenty of immigrants who come here speaking English or French perfectly and they have to start from scratch. My husband and I know a guy who was a lawyer in Bulgaria and is delivering bread to stores in the wee hours of the morning here in Quebec (his French is perfect). Your husband came to Canada and accepted the sacrifices because of you, and I have faith that he will make it here and be depended on financially by his family - just like he was in Morocco.
Thanks ddobro2
Yes we know a few who where doctors back in their country and have become nurses here... Your right even if they know the language it is still a struggle but hopefully things will change in time. We are hoping to move in 4 yrs once college is done for him my daughter will hopefully be finished her college and my son starting his in another city with more opportunity for work .. but right now it's cheaper for schooling here.. Things will come my husband is very strong willed and so am I that's why we get along so well ..lol

Take Care

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Congrats to you & your husband Hopeful_waiting!!

What area did your husband work in the government school system? Mine works in the same system in the Zagora area since a couple of years. I know he will find it difficult to find the same type of work once here.

Did you live together in Morocco before sponsoring him?

We've been together since 2008 and will be married 1 yr on Feb 1st. We have lived together in Morocco a few months at a time but unfortunately because of both our employment we haven't been able to have time off work since Jan/Feb 2011.

He just went for his interview on Jan 19th. We have been requested to provide more information as of today because of the wording in the email they sent regarding the interview we omitted some info.

This is what they requested through email for the interview of Jan 19th:

- your personal history since April 2011 up to now (please use our form Schedule A Background / Declaration here attached )

- your residential addresse(s) between August 1997 et September 1998 and since April 2011 up to now (please use the same form)

So today we receive an email that says is info is not consistent with what was provided in the original IMM form. We provided exactly what they asked for to bring to the interview. No wonder the woman kept asking if he still lived at home. They wanted us to fill out the form completely from Aug 1997 to Jan 2012. I don't see them asking that in the original email. maybe it's just me but I still say that is not what they request in original email :eek:

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Usually my moral is quite good, but yesterday and especially today I have been feeling the shadow of depression over me. I feel drained physically and emotionally. I wake up and go to work with a heavy heart. All day today I just felt like crying. I don't know if it is because I have not seen my husband in 6 months or if it is because I have to wait 5 more months before I can visit him again or if it is because I am very worried about the outcome of the appeal or if it is because of what the VO told my husband right at the beginning of the interview.

My husband had to prepare an account of his interview with the VO and I read it. Something that the VO said is really affecting me. She said to him: "You are going to leave your wife once you are in Canada and this is what happens with you Moroccans". I cannot accept that a judgment like this one is upsetting every area of my life!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amira my heart goes out to you and your family....im really sorry to hear about your story.....a day at a time and you will all move on from this nightmare....he is just a very bad man and what goes around will back to him one day.....

Habibti one thing we learned through this process which is still not finish ..no need to remember stuff ...anger or sadness is not going to give anything other then health issues....take it also day by day at one period i hadnt seen my husband for 10mths when we got refused thats when i said screw it and left for 6tmhs .....and now its been almost 6mths again....so your going back then expect to wait another 6-12mths again this whole process takes a huge toll on all......but just one day at a time theres nothing else we can do...

Good luck guys......

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
vjamal said:
amira my heart goes out to you and your family....im really sorry to hear about your story.....a day at a time and you will all move on from this nightmare....he is just a very bad man and what goes around will back to him one day.....

Habibti one thing we learned through this process which is still not finish ..no need to remember stuff ...anger or sadness is not going to give anything other then health issues....take it also day by day at one period i hadnt seen my husband for 10mths when we got refused thats when i said screw it and left for 6tmhs .....and now its been almost 6mths again....so your going back then expect to wait another 6-12mths again this whole process takes a huge toll on all......but just one day at a time theres nothing else we can do...

Good luck guys......
You are right vjamal.... one day at at time. Or, shall I say one month at a time? lol I am glad that January is over!!! May the strength be with me, with you and with all the others who are in the same limbo of suffering as us!

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:p I have great news to share,,after a long process my journey has come to an end with immigration my husbands will receive his VISA next week yahooooooooooooo :p,,his address disapeared on Saturday and today he got the call from Rabat,,the lady told him your going to Canada :D,,my God the feeling is amazing and it feels like something has been lifted off my chest. I'm still shacking like a leaf and I can't believe it is finished for me.There is one person I want to thank and that is my twin whos been there for me during this process,,thank you twin so much, for being there for me and encouraging me and keeping my sanity in check,,,looool...truly I say this i pray and hope that one day you will experience this feeling , iam feeling at this moment :-* for everyone out here I hope that you will get great news soon....this forum has helped me alot and I learned alot from you all,,God bless you all and your time will come..... :)

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
hayati said:
:p I have great news to share,,after a long process my journey has come to an end with immigration my husbands will receive his VISA next week yahooooooooooooo :p,,his address disapeared on Saturday and today he got the call from Rabat,,the lady told him your going to Canada :D,,my God the feeling is amazing and it feels like something has been lifted off my chest. I'm still shacking like a leaf and I can't believe it is finished for me.There is one person I want to thank and that is my twin whos been there for me during this process,,thank you twin so much, for being there for me and encouraging me and keeping my sanity in check,,,looool...truly I say this i pray and hope that one day you will experience this feeling , iam feeling at this moment :-* for everyone out here I hope that you will get great news soon....this forum has helped me alot and I learned alot from you all,,God bless you all and your time will come..... :)
Congratulations!!!!!

Lynn