Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Just put the name/address ending with .jpg between the two things you get when you click on "insert image" above.
ahh see the first times I tried it only came up with the photo name and jpeg....not the whole link...

Cool .. thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Right, you have to inform the visa office in writing that you are withdrawing your sponsorship before a decision is made. Including the file number in the letter would certainly help. I wouldn't make a rash decision about this though - you'd have to start all over again if you ever had a change of heart.
Actually no, you inform Mississauga by email. CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
Scroll about a quarter of the way down this page for the instructions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

@ Lynn - almost.... Fingers crossed for you

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was under the impression that emailing to that account was only if your sponsorship portion is still being assessed and CPC-M has NOT yet transferred the PR portion of the file to the VO.....

It says: "If you change your mind about sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children, you must inform CPC-M at CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca of your decision to withdraw your undertaking before the visa office begins to process the permanent resident application or issues permanent resident visas."

rjessome said:
Actually no, you inform Mississauga by email. CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca
Scroll about a quarter of the way down this page for the instructions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

@ Lynn - almost.... Fingers crossed for you

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oh man... I thought I had right up to the time they landed to make the decision... I guess not...

This makes it all the more pressing.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do technically, but it's obviously easier if you cancel it before decision made/passport request.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Oh man... I thought I had right up to the time they landed to make the decision... I guess not...

This makes it all the more pressing.

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Amira... I am truly sorry for your situation. I am praying there is some way this can be resolved so that you are not left destitute by this beast.

After reading all these stories and witnessing some of the things I have ... I am not sure I am willing to proceed anymore. I don't ever want to make my daughter suffer for my bad choices.

If I were to decide to stop... what would I need to do??
Hi everybody
I have been following this forum for some time and I wanted to share some good experience. I have been married for one year and a half to my husband from Tunisia and he came on October to Montreal.
He was accepted without appeal (even though he is younger than me)
I wanted to let you know that he is doing great.. He started working after a week and he comes home and gives me his full salary> He does not like to spend money unnecessary, he comes with me even to do the groceries, he helps me to cook ALWAYS, he washes the dishes even though he grew up in a family with 7 sisters so he hardly ever got to the kitchen and his sisters did everything for him. He did not even know what he brought to Canada because his sisters prepared his suitcase lol
He did not change a bit from who he was when I was there in Tunisia. So don t generalize. My husband is not happy when he has a day off in the middle of the week. He does not want to have friends from his country. He said eventually he will but he has enough family and friends in Tunisia. We are going to move to Toronto in the Summer because of my son so he is learning English at night with me on the internet. Idon t say everything is perfect. He is difficult with the way I should dress up and when we go out to my friends house or to a party I almost pass an inspection lol He doesn t like me to wear mini skirts but he is not extremist. He does not like me kissing other men but he is understanding now, I am argentinian and we kiss everybody!! We argue sometimes for silly things but my husband is very calm and he passes that to me. I have my best friend in him and he is great with my son. My daughter is a teenager and made his life unbearable since he came and I guess because she was used to be alone with me but the way he responds to that I admire him. I don t think I will be able to stand such a brat!! ( Sorry she is my daughter hahaha but I am sure that time will make her be nicer to him) She is trying now little by little
I just wanted to share that not all guys are the same and as long as they are not closed minded it will be fine but you both have to put from each other because when we agree to marry someone from a different culture we should not have to expect them to change completely and be all of the sudden canadians. Please give some thought before u do something that you will regret later. In my case I feel so relief to have my husband with me (economically) He is a great help for me . I was struggling alone and it makes a difference to have a man and a second salary in the house. I am so much in love and my friends that were not so sure about this whole thing they tell me now that it is so obvious how much my husband loves me.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
@patopato: thank you so much for sharing a great success story! I think we all neeed to hear some good news to balance some of the sadder news of late!

Cheers to you for coming back to share. So happy for you and your husband. He sounds lovely, you are so fortunate to have found each other!

Good luck to you both!

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
locolynn said:
@ patopato: thank you so much for sharing a great success story! I think we all neeed to hear some good news to balance some of the sadder news of late!

Cheers to you for coming back to share. So happy for you and your husband. He sounds lovely, you are so fortunate to have found each other!

Good luck to you both!

Lynn
I do agree with Lynn! AT LAST! A good happy story! I am here struggling... We have a saying in Quebec: "se débattre comme un diable dans l'eau bénite" (to struggle like the devil in holy water) lol So I am here struggling day and night to make things happen and all the sad things I have read these past few weeks affected me somewhat. I have NOTHING against what other people are going though! I have been through rough waters myself and I just want to say how good it is to have a story like patopato to give me some so needed light! Congratulations patopato! I am so happy for you! And congratulations Lynn for the recent development!

When is January going to end??? That is such a long dark painful month! Hate that month! lol Every minute I just think about my next visit to my husband! It is hard on him the separation. He goes through bouts of depression. I am the one who is holding the fort. So far so good! Let's hope that February will be better for all of us!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I was under the impression that emailing to that account was only if your sponsorship portion is still being assessed and CPC-M has NOT yet transferred the PR portion of the file to the VO.....

It says: "If you change your mind about sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children, you must inform CPC-M at CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca of your decision to withdraw your undertaking before the visa office begins to process the permanent resident application or issues permanent resident visas."
or issues permanent resident visas." She has until they issue the PR visa.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
I've only been on this forum for a short time. There have been so many unfortunate events with couple's lives after their husband moved to Canada. It was discouraging to read. But when reading Patopato's post that spark has come back. Congrats on your life together!

My husband is a lot like yours. He does not want have friends from his country right away..I live in a small Northern city and we do have a mosque. He feels that he has that already at home and wants to jump right in here. When living with him, we did everything together...cooking...laundry etc etc. He's the one who did the cleaning of our apartment. At his parent's home his sister's do all the cooking and laundry...all the brothers help with cleaning and groceries. I think for my hubby, one thing that helps, is he lives on his own due to his work so he is use to fending for himself on every level. I'm not saying my life with him is perfect. We have our disagreements and the clothes issue has come up. I'm sure we will have a lot of adjusting on each others parts when he finally moves here.

I wish and pray that things work out for all those that have had such upset in their lives through this experience.

patopato said:
Hi everybody
I have been following this forum for some time and I wanted to share some good experience. I have been married for one year and a half to my husband from Tunisia and he came on October to Montreal.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Definitely a breath of fresh air. Glad to hear things are going so well for you patopato ;D

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
It is heartbreaking to me to hear all the terrible things that sponsors are going through after their spouses arrive in Canada. I know how painful and difficult it is waiting to be with the one we love. The immigration process itself takes a toll on us each day, and affects us more than we could have thought of before we entered into sponsoring a spouse. All everyone is looking for is not necessarily a fairytale ending, but at least a happy one. I am always hoping that the couples will be happy together, but as we all know it seems to have terrible endings much more often than we like. I have been following this forum and others for over 5 years, and the number of terrible endings are in great numbers with these sponsorships, but I can also say that there are those who do have happy endings, unfortunately those numbers seem to be the minority, but they do exist.

I can say that there are good men who do arrive here, and are great husbands. They have good jobs, have children and are devoted to their wives and family. I know it is a big risk and commitment financially as well as emotionally, and we really need to keep our heads clear and our eyes open when going into these marriages and sponsorships.

I also took that chance when I decided to marry and sponsor my Husband from Morocco, and I can say that I am so happy that I did. He has been here for over 3 and a half years, and He is really a very kind, loving and commited Husband. Like Patopato's husband , my Husband also did not want to find friends to hang out with here, He wants a quiet and peaceful life , and he is not looking for anything else. We enjoy our days off together, and do everything as a couple. He is very laid back and easy going, and so easy to live with. He is kind, considerate and very respectful to me, and to everyone else. He loves the lifestyle here,and has felt at home since he arrived. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

I pray that others will also be loved and cherished by their Husband's like they deserve to be, after all the love and sacrifices they have put into this so that they can share their lives with the man they love.

I just ask that you please be careful, and pay attention when there are obvious warning signs that you see but sometimes don't want to see, and choose to ignore hoping that it will be OK when he gets here, but instead it turns into a nightmare for them after their husband lands, and as you have seen, there is really no legal recourse when things turn out badly.

I would say follow your heart, but don't follow it blindly, I have seen too many good women get hurt, and put themselves through so much suffering, But I still have hope because I also know that there are good men out there who do love and appreciate their wives , and who show it when they get here.

God bless you all, and I'm praying for more happy endings.

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Definitely a breath of fresh air. Glad to hear things are going so well for you patopato ;D
Thank you everybody for your nice words! I am very blessed to have my husband in my life and I truly hope you guys are going to be blessed too!!!
I think we should start a thred that says happy endings sponsoring husband from Morocco (even though my husband is from Tunisia). I am pretty sure we hear more about the bad experiences than the good ones. i don t believe my husband is one of the only good husband. I actually know several girls married to tunisians but in France and they are sooo happy with their husbands and go back to visit Tunisia together. So hope and pray for the best girls!!!! But I agree with the hoping 75 when she said follow your heart but don t follow blindly. It it was not good there it won t get better here.
By the way mu husband is trying to dance salsa but you can see from 1000 miles that he is arab by the way he moves his hands and arms lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROFL, patopato. He sounds adorable. Maybe the Argentine tango is more up his alley.... :p
patopato said:
By the way mu husband is trying to dance salsa but you can see from 1000 miles that he is arab by the way he moves his hands and arms lol