28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ODSP is not social assistant
Yes - I know that. If you are social assistance - this disqualifies you from sponsoring.

You can sponsor while on ODSP - however those on ODSP can still be refused for financial reasons if IRCC has concerns about how the applicant will be supported financially once they arrive. We've seen a number of refusals for this reason on this forum over the years. Again, if the sponsor is on ODSP, best option is to demonstrate that the applicant has plans to work once they arrive in Canada.

Reactions: allyh and wafa0406
Apr 1, 2018
Hello, dear friends in this forum. If guys know of any WhatsApp group link for those who have sponsored spouse from Morocco kindly share. If there isnt one, it would be nice to have one to share our experiences and update on progress. Any

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Got my visa today i am sooo happy guys..my biggest advise is dont believe peoples stories they make it look like hell or is soo smouth...one things i have a huge red flags ...age no wedding. .and i get approuved easier ...love that girl work i
What was the question you were asked on your interview?

Khourdebaigt

Oct 25, 2018
Hello All,
I am a Canadian woman currently in Morocco marrying my fiance who is from Morocco. We have spent the last couple months getting our paperwork together for our Moroccan marriage and are about half way through our marriage process! Hoping to complete in the next week or so!! Now I am turning my attention to getting our paperwork sorted out to apply to sponsor him to come to Canada and I am hoping someone here may be able to answer some questions I have about our sponsorship application:
1) On the gov't website it states that all photocopies need to be 'certified copies'... For example: We need to submit a copy of my husband's birth certificate. For the certification of this photocopy, is taking it to a notary (with the original) and having them certify it (with a sticker, 2 stamps and a signature like we have had to do for our marriage paperwork) sufficient? Or, do we need to take the photocopy to the Ministry of international affairs in Rabat and have them stamp it there?
2) For the Arabic paperwork, we need to have it translated into English. Since we are currently in Morocco, we will be getting the translations done here. I am a bit confused by what exactly we need to do in regards to the copy/translation and affidavit. I know we need the Original translated and we need to submit a certified copy &a translation and an affidavit letter from the translator. Do I take the original to the translator and have them translate it/ write an affidavit and then have the document copied and have the copy certified? Or, do I make a copy of the original and have that certified and then take the certified copy to the translator and have them work off that one? :) I just want to make sure that I am properly certifying and translating my documents. If anyone can help me to understand how I do that in Morocco, it would be greatly appreciated.
2.5) Part two of question above, for our 'proof of relationship' we will be including letters from his parents written in Arabic. Do we need to get these certified in any way? Do we need to have them translated?
3) If anyone can provide any tips or help regarding getting our paperwork together and what the correct process is for legalizing the copies & translations, I would be so grateful!

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hello All,
I am a Canadian woman currently in Morocco marrying my fiance who is from Morocco. We have spent the last couple months getting our paperwork together for our Moroccan marriage and are about half way through our marriage process! Hoping to complete in the next week or so!! Now I am turning my attention to getting our paperwork sorted out to apply to sponsor him to come to Canada and I am hoping someone here may be able to answer some questions I have about our sponsorship application:
1) On the gov't website it states that all photocopies need to be 'certified copies'... For example: We need to submit a copy of my husband's birth certificate. For the certification of this photocopy, is taking it to a notary (with the original) and having them certify it (with a sticker, 2 stamps and a signature like we have had to do for our marriage paperwork) sufficient? Or, do we need to take the photocopy to the Ministry of international affairs in Rabat and have them stamp it there?
2) For the Arabic paperwork, we need to have it translated into English. Since we are currently in Morocco, we will be getting the translations done here. I am a bit confused by what exactly we need to do in regards to the copy/translation and affidavit. I know we need the Original translated and we need to submit a certified copy &a translation and an affidavit letter from the translator. Do I take the original to the translator and have them translate it/ write an affidavit and then have the document copied and have the copy certified? Or, do I make a copy of the original and have that certified and then take the certified copy to the translator and have them work off that one? :) I just want to make sure that I am properly certifying and translating my documents. If anyone can help me to understand how I do that in Morocco, it would be greatly appreciated.
2.5) Part two of question above, for our 'proof of relationship' we will be including letters from his parents written in Arabic. Do we need to get these certified in any way? Do we need to have them translated?
3) If anyone can provide any tips or help regarding getting our paperwork together and what the correct process is for legalizing the copies & translations, I would be so grateful!

Thank you so much in advance for any help!
Hi Khourdebaigt

In terms of certified copies of documents we just had it notarized with the sticker 2 stamps and a signature. For the Arabic paperwork we had both the original and translated papers notarized. Our translator was able to answer all our questions regarding all the documents and what we needed to do with them. Maybe your translator can help you too. For proof also include pictures with you and your husband. The letters should be translated to english or french just in case, I don't think any proofs of the relationship need to be certified. For tips I would suggest sending multiple types of proof. For example in my situation I sent my phone log, some whats app conversations, Facebook posts, and pictures. There is a section in one of the documents that asks you to describe your relationship, how you met, decided to marry etc ... Try to explain as much as possible in this section.

Khourdebaigt

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Khourdebaigt

In terms of certified copies of documents we just had it notarized with the sticker 2 stamps and a signature. For the Arabic paperwork we had both the original and translated papers notarized. Our translator was able to answer all our questions regarding all the documents and what we needed to do with them. Maybe your translator can help you too. For proof also include pictures with you and your husband. The letters should be translated to english or french just in case, I don't think any proofs of the relationship need to be certified. For tips I would suggest sending multiple types of proof. For example in my situation I sent my phone log, some whats app conversations, Facebook posts, and pictures. There is a section in one of the documents that asks you to describe your relationship, how you met, decided to marry etc ... Try to explain as much as possible in this section.
Thank you Allyh! That's very helpful. We will go to speak with our translator today. We were thinking as well that this is a good person to speak with so, nice to hear it confirmed. Were there any of the original papers you needed to have certified in Rabat? Thanks as well for the tips on our relationship proof. We have been getting that all together and will be sure to submit as many forms as possible. Good luck with you application! It looks like its moving along well. I hope to hear good news for you soon! Thank you again for your advice :) K

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Thank you Allyh! That's very helpful. We will go to speak with our translator today. We were thinking as well that this is a good person to speak with so, nice to hear it confirmed. Were there any of the original papers you needed to have certified in Rabat? Thanks as well for the tips on our relationship proof. We have been getting that all together and will be sure to submit as many forms as possible. Good luck with you application! It looks like its moving along well. I hope to hear good news for you soon! Thank you again for your advice :) K
The papers I submitted didn't need to be certified in Rabat. I've heard some people certified their documents in Rabat but the documents we had were already certified and the the translations were notarized by our translator.

Right now i'm in the waiting phase which is tough because there is nothing you can do to make things move quickly. Unfortunately from what I seen it takes about a year to complete the entire process.

Good luck with the rest of the marriage process.

wafa0406

Nov 3, 2018
Hi I’ve already posted here I send application feb 23 2018 April 27 was being processed in Rabat I got email oct 2 for more proof of relationship oct 27 I got request for medical and I’m still waiting there no updates on my application since then is it normal how much time do I have to wait

Khourdebaigt

Oct 25, 2018
The papers I submitted didn't need to be certified in Rabat. I've heard some people certified their documents in Rabat but the documents we had were already certified and the the translations were notarized by our translator.

Right now i'm in the waiting phase which is tough because there is nothing you can do to make things move quickly. Unfortunately from what I seen it takes about a year to complete the entire process.

Good luck with the rest of the marriage process.
Thank you for your advice and your well wishes! It is really nice to talk to someone who is in the same 'boat'. I'm sure the waiting is tough. Hang in there! I hope you will get some good news soon :) I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for it now, while we are getting out application together. Its hard when I read that some people don't hear anything for 7 or 8 months at a time! that's crazy. Must be very difficult to stay patient. From what I have read, a year or so does seem to be a pretty accurate time estimate. Have you done your medical and biometrics? I wonder if it might be worth submitting a medical with our initial application? Most likely it will just expire and need to be re-done. Probably I am just overthinking... I just want everything to go smooth and as quickly as possible!!!
Where in Canada are you from? When did you submit your app? Sending you lots of positive waiting vibes. Best of luck to you Allyh. Have a great day!
Kelice

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.