Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
I don’t know why it’s been now more then 2 weeks since we received decision made and still nothing. Is this normal?
Usually you hear about people receiving the visa a week after the interview (or even getting it on the same day) but i've heard the embassy uses a 3rd party to create the visas so they might be waiting on them? I know some people who receive the pre arrival email will wait like a month before they are called to go to the embassy.

Reactions: ApplePie01

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017
Guys, I need your help,I’m March 16 2018applicant.on oct 10th 2018 I have received an email from rabat for more supporting documents which I submitted 2 days ago. Do you have An idea how long still to have another update and what wil be that. Every info based on your experience would be much appreciated
Could you share your timeline, please!

brahimbaz

Oct 15, 2018
Could you share your timeline, please!
Application received March 16 2018
Transferred to VO rabat May 18
Received email AOR2 from Rabat July 18
Email from Rabat October 10th requesting supporting documents
What do think will be the next step and how long will it be
Thank you

Reactions: ginabrigi

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017
Application received March 16 2018
Transferred to VO rabat May 18
Received email AOR2 from Rabat July 18
Email from Rabat October 10th requesting supporting documents
What do think will be the next step and how long will it be
Thank you
My application sent November 21th 2017
Application received January 26th 2018.
Medical requested and done on the same month of March.
Application received to VO Rabat and started on process April 27th
Since that time I haven't heard from them.
I think you have to send your chat conversation, airplane tickets I mean more evidence about your relationship before married and after.

Kgmce

Oct 17, 2018
Hello, my husband went for his interview in Rabat today.

We applied last October, got approved for sponsorship in December, they asked for additional information in April and he also did his medical at this time. And then last week he was called for an interview. He said that he felt that it went well, it only took about 30 minutes and they asked for more information that he had brought.

The one thing that concerns me is that he was asked to bring his passport, but they did not keep it and they returned it to him at the end of the interview.

We do have an age difference. I am 10 years older, and I have children and he does not have any children. He is Muslim and I was raised Catholic. So it is a mixed marriage.

My question is whether or not it is a bad thing that they did not keep his passport or am I reading too much into this?

brahimbaz

Oct 15, 2018
My application sent November 21th 2017
Application received January 26th 2018.
Medical requested and done on the same month of March.
Application received to VO Rabat and started on process April 27th
Since that time I haven't heard from them.
I think you have to send your chat conversation, airplane tickets I mean more evidence about your relationship before married and after.
They asked me for 2 more things may act of marriage in Arabic and certified and proof of conversation of the last 3 months
And that’s what I sent them 3 days ago
Usually they ask everyone for supporting documents, I don’t know why they have not asked you about it

Reactions: Driss77

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017
They asked me for 2 more things may act of marriage in Arabic and certified and proof of conversation of the last 3 months
And that’s what I sent them 3 days ago
Usually they ask everyone for supporting documents, I don’t know why they have not asked you about it
We sent everything when we applied. Copy of marriage certificate in Arabic certified, and In English certified too. Birth certificate, background check in Arabic and English certified too. Proof such as Emails, postcards, screenshot whatsapp and Facebook letters pictures of relationship since 2009 to 2017
I hope they accept all of that.

Reactions: Uncle1234567890

brahimbaz

Oct 15, 2018
Usually you hear about people receiving the visa a week after the interview (or even getting it on the same day) but i've heard the embassy uses a 3rd party to create the visas so they might be waiting on them? I know some people who receive the pre arrival email will wait like a month before they are called to go to the embassy.
We sent everything when we applied. Copy of marriage certificate in Arabic certified, and In English certified too. Birth certificate, background check in Arabic and English certified too. Proof such as Emails, postcards, screenshot whatsapp and Facebook letters pictures of relationship since 2009 to 2017
I hope they accept all of that.
Do you know any others forums to track all Moroccan applicants

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Hello, my husband went for his interview in Rabat today.

We applied last October, got approved for sponsorship in December, they asked for additional information in April and he also did his medical at this time. And then last week he was called for an interview. He said that he felt that it went well, it only took about 30 minutes and they asked for more information that he had brought.

The one thing that concerns me is that he was asked to bring his passport, but they did not keep it and they returned it to him at the end of the interview.

We do have an age difference. I am 10 years older, and I have children and he does not have any children. He is Muslim and I was raised Catholic. So it is a mixed marriage.

My question is whether or not it is a bad thing that they did not keep his passport or am I reading too much into this?
At the time of the interview, they usually ask for the passport as a form of ID so it is not unusual they did not keep it at the time. When they are ready to issue the visa, they will invite your husband back with his passport again, but this time to place the visa in it.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kgmce and allyh

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
At the time of the interview, they usually ask for the passport as a form of ID so it is not unusual they did not keep it at the time. When they are ready to issue the visa, they will invite your husband back with his passport again, but this time to place the visa in it.

Good luck.
Hi Jamali

I'm so glad your still reading this thread as I read many of your posts you wrote over the years. Do you remember the process taking this long, 5 years ago? We had people this year say that they have waited 14 months, 16 months etc... before receiving the PR. Maybe it's just me but I think that now the process is more time than it's ever taken. Also how is your husband finding Canada now that he has been here for a few years? I'm just curious as when my wife arrives this will be the first time she has traveled to Canada.

brahimbaz

Oct 15, 2018
Guys, just a heads up
My friend is Moroccan and his wife as well.
Application January 2018
File transferred to Rabat April
Supporting documents April
Interview the this month October

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Hi Jamali

I'm so glad your still reading this thread as I read many of your posts you wrote over the years. Do you remember the process taking this long, 5 years ago? We had people this year say that they have waited 14 months, 16 months etc... before receiving the PR. Maybe it's just me but I think that now the process is more time than it's ever taken. Also how is your husband finding Canada now that he has been here for a few years? I'm just curious as when my wife arrives this will be the first time she has traveled to Canada.
Hi allyh,

I do read the thread from time to time ... just curious to see how the process is going nowadays.

So we applied in 2013 and at the time, Rabat was one of the quickest VOs and most applications were done within 8 or 9 months. I don't remember it taking as long as it does now. It's unfortunate that it is taking so much longer because I know all the waiting is so distressing.

My husband landed in March 2014 and things have been going very well. He does enjoy it here very much. He found a mosque he likes, graduated from college and is now working on his own projects. He was able to visit his family a couple of times and plans on visiting them again soon. When he landed it was still cold so he had to get used to it right away. Then he loved when summer arrived and was surprised at how warm it was, how green everything was and how long it does stay green. When he told his family and friends about the weather here, they were surprised since most of them thought it would always be cold here ..lol .. but this summer there were a few days where it was hotter here than in Morocco.

Good luck on your wife's application. I hope this process goes quicker and your wife will join you soon. Then you will forget about all this distance and stress. I am sure she will enjoy Canada.

Reactions: allyh