+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Did you hear anything about your GCMS notes, any updates?
On Friday the OIC emailed me and said they would let me know when someone was assigned to my case. The funny thing is I looked on my CIC account last night and it was updated since I last looked at it. It said that they read our schedule A and background check on February 17, and before that it just said our application was received in Rabat on Jan. 23 with no updates since. Maybe someone is looking at it now - strange thing is it looks like they only look at our application once a month or something because they asked for a new background check and recent proof of contact on March 26 and I know they weren't looking at my file from Feb. 17 until March 26 - there is not that much there to look at, and if they were I think they would have approved or rejected me by now.:confused:

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
On Friday the OIC emailed me and said they would let me know when someone was assigned to my case. The funny thing is I looked on my CIC account last night and it was updated since I last looked at it. It said that they read our schedule A and background check on February 17, and before that it just said our application was received in Rabat on Jan. 23 with no updates since. Maybe someone is looking at it now - strange thing is it looks like they only look at our application once a month or something because they asked for a new background check and recent proof of contact on March 26 and I know they weren't looking at my file from Feb. 17 until March 26 - there is not that much there to look at, and if they were I think they would have approved or rejected me by now.:confused:
Yeah, that does sound a little strange. I would have thought they would have asked for the new background check in February if it was already expired. Maybe they passed your file off to another visa officer in March and they asked for the new information. I didn't hear anything yet about my GCMS notes, but I will let you know if I do.

Reactions: Angeldust

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, that does sound a little strange. I would have thought they would have asked for the new background check in February if it was already expired. Maybe they passed your file off to another visa officer in March and they asked for the new information. I didn't hear anything yet about my GCMS notes, but I will let you know if I do.
Yeah, that is probably what happened.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Its hard not to get frustrated and a little depressed while waiting. I don't think you should assume they are going to deny your application, probably the only people without any red flags at all are the fraudulent couples who planned it. Most of us weren't thinking of the CIC and how we might have to defend our application when we met, fell in love and got married.:)
I think the main red flags they look at are:
1. Big age difference (with the wife being a lot older)
2. Being different religion/cultural background
3. No wedding or very small wedding

If it helps I heard that even with the red flags and the rejection the appeals are often positive. If you go through the history of this thread you will find a user named Habibti who hit all 3 of these red flags and was rejected. However she appealed and won. She explains everything she went through from the beginning to the end.

Reactions: Michelle17

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hahah are you serious ?? They ' ve never asked about something like that .. it' s too much details for them
Hi Maha

Just curious, did you get any updates since you sent the medical?

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
OMG - here we go again. OIC told me that ATIP "mailed" out my GCMS notes yesterday - apparently they sent them proof. Well this should be interesting - I wonder what they will send me. I didn't ask for them by mail I asked for them by email - didn't even know they could mail them. What a bunch of unprofessional idiots!!! I'll let you know if I even receive them...

OIC -With regards to the subject file IRCC has provided evidence that it has responded to your request on June 19, 2018. As the institution has provided the response within the initial period of the investigation, we consider the matter relating to the delay to be resolved. (When I told them I never received anything OIC emailed back this...)
Based on the evidence provided, it seems as though the response was sent via mail, and not by email. This may be why you haven’t yet received the document. It can take up to 10 business days to receive your response by mail. Should you not have received a response by July 4, 2018, please contact me and I will (whether or not the file is closed) examine your complaint further.

WILL THIS EVER END- :mad:

Galahad

Feb 5, 2018
I think the main red flags they look at are:
1. Big age difference (with the wife being a lot older)
2. Being different religion/cultural background
3. No wedding or very small wedding

If it helps I heard that even with the red flags and the rejection the appeals are often positive. If you go through the history of this thread you will find a user named Habibti who hit all 3 of these red flags and was rejected. However she appealed and won. She explains everything she went through from the beginning to the end.
Yes, those do seem to be the top 3, but they don't always go against people. On the Facebook group if you put age gap into the search bar you can see quite a few couples where the woman was significantly older and they were approved. One woman named Vicki sponsored a husband from Ghana. She only met him 6 months before they were married and she is 19 years older than him. I have read a lot about Habibti on here, but there is also another woman that applied in Rabat who was 12 years older (not as big of age difference as Habibti) than her husband, they didn't have a wedding and had different cultural backgrounds - they were approved by CIC. It just goes to prove that the visa officers approve/deny whoever they want and it doesn't seem to be based on any points method by the CIC.

I don't have any of those red flags, but there are other ones too. A lot of people get turned down for not having enough visits before/after the wedding, not having a good job (say you are doing it for economic reasons), not speaking English well (say you can't have good communication), not having both sides of the family at the wedding. One poor guy from India was turned down because he didn't have his photographer take a picture of a part of the wedding ceremony that, I guess, is a big deal in their culture. He had witnesses to say that he did have it at his wedding, but they just didn't have pictures of it - was the only thing listed in his refusal. He was going to have another wedding and take pictures of it this time and reapply - that is just sad!

I think CIC should have a fairer way of approving and rejecting applications that just isn't based on one visa officer's personal biases. It could also be quotas, I guess, maybe they are stricter about who they want to put through if they have a lot of applications and weed out any couple that is not perfect. It is very easy to see looking on this forum and Facebook that some people are approved with almost identical red flags that other couples are being rejected for. That's why I think there is no way to predict what is going to happen with a lot of people's applications.

Couples just have to give it their best shot and hope for the best. If rejected, most spousal appeal cases seem to be approved. Fair or not - CIC has the last word, unless you appeal it.:cool:

Last edited:

Galahad

Feb 5, 2018
OMG - here we go again. OIC told me that ATIP "mailed" out my GCMS notes yesterday - apparently they sent them proof. Well this should be interesting - I wonder what they will send me. I didn't ask for them by mail I asked for them by email - didn't even know they could mail them. What a bunch of unprofessional idiots!!! I'll let you know if I even receive them...

OIC -With regards to the subject file IRCC has provided evidence that it has responded to your request on June 19, 2018. As the institution has provided the response within the initial period of the investigation, we consider the matter relating to the delay to be resolved. (When I told them I never received anything OIC emailed back this...)
Based on the evidence provided, it seems as though the response was sent via mail, and not by email. This may be why you haven’t yet received the document. It can take up to 10 business days to receive your response by mail. Should you not have received a response by July 4, 2018, please contact me and I will (whether or not the file is closed) examine your complaint further.

WILL THIS EVER END- :mad:
I think they send your notes on a disk if they mail it.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
Oh, great watch it be blank ! - Don't know why these people can't just do their job.:mad:
:rolleyes: ...calm down Angeldust, I am sure it won't be blank...you can't expect much to happen when you complain on ATIP - they (ATIP, OIC, CIC) all work for the government. The important thing is that you get your notes.:)

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
:rolleyes: ...calm down Angeldust, I am sure it won't be blank...you can't expect much to happen when you complain on ATIP - they (ATIP, OIC, CIC) all work for the government. The important thing is that you get your notes.:)
I am glad you are sure :p- I have been waiting since February - they only sent them to me because I complained on them. I think they mailed them to me intentionally too, when they knew I ordered them through email.:p This whole thing is going to drive me mad!:eek:

Reactions: Michelle17

Sariyah

Feb 17, 2018
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-08-2018
File Transfer...
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Yes, those do seem to be the top 3, but they don't always go against people. On the Facebook group if you put age gap into the search bar you can see quite a few couples where the woman was significantly older and they were approved.

Page 761 appeals thread - mweselake said Additionally, my friend the former visa officer...worked for immigration for years....and he said the officer has the power. He has seen officers in a bad mood one day and reject all applicants. He said the process is not objective at all.....and he worked for them for years.
If this is true, there definitely should be more than 1 visa officer making the decision.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
I am glad you are sure :p- I have been waiting since February - they only sent them to me because I complained on them. I think they mailed them to me intentionally too, when they knew I ordered them through email.:p This whole thing is going to drive me mad!:eek:
Let me know when you receive your blank disk.:D

Reactions: Angeldust

Sls2018

Apr 24, 2018
Yes, those do seem to be the top 3, but they don't always go against people. On the Facebook group if you put age gap into the search bar you can see quite a few couples where the woman was significantly older and they were approved. One woman named Vicki sponsored a husband from Ghana. She only met him 6 months before they were married and she is 19 years older than him. I have read a lot about Habibti on here, but there is also another woman that applied in Rabat who was 12 years older (not as big of age difference as Habibti) than her husband, they didn't have a wedding and had different cultural backgrounds - they were approved by CIC. It just goes to prove that the visa officers approve/deny whoever they want and it doesn't seem to be based on any points method by the CIC.

I don't have any of those red flags, but there are other ones too. A lot of people get turned down for not having enough visits before/after the wedding, not having a good job (say you are doing it for economic reasons), not speaking English well (say you can't have good communication), not having both sides of the family at the wedding. One poor guy from India was turned down because he didn't have his photographer take a picture of a part of the wedding ceremony that, I guess, is a big deal in their culture. He had witnesses to say that he did have it at his wedding, but they just didn't have pictures of it - was the only thing listed in his refusal. He was going to have another wedding and take pictures of it this time and reapply - that is just sad!

I think CIC should have a fairer way of approving and rejecting applications that just isn't based on one visa officer's personal biases. It could also be quotas, I guess, maybe they are stricter about who they want to put through if they have a lot of applications and weed out any couple that is not perfect. It is very easy to see looking on this forum and Facebook that some people are approved with almost identical red flags that other couples are being rejected for. That's why I think there is no way to predict what is going to happen with a lot of people's applications.

Couples just have to give it their best shot and hope for the best. If rejected, most spousal appeal cases seem to be approved. Fair or not - CIC has the last word, unless you appeal it.:cool:
Sorry for telling u that thing ..u sound soooo negative ..what the hell at the end of the day we not going to die

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018

Yeah, well..... High probability of success or not, appeals take time....as in years in some cases.....tons of money in immigration lawyers and it causes such emotional and physical stress on couples.... I just don't know if I have much fight left in me at this point. I'm going to just leave it in God's hands and if we are denied, I think my time and energy is better spent migrating back to my home country and trying the whole process from there (where I hear it is easier from other couples who have gone through the process)... :( As much as it would kill me to throw away everything I worked so hard to build here, I have a husband and a life hanging in the balance and that should be my first priority, and it is. These IO have way too much power to destroy lives on a whim..... There is just no rhyme or reason to any of this. But, as I said, I have no choice but to leave it in God's hands and hope for the best.

Reactions: Sariyah and Galahad