Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Really helpful info, thank you! We have a newborn baby, I really hope they will process fast for us.
I have a friend who is applying with the help of a consultant working in Rabat. The consultant told him that every client she has worked with has gotten their visa in less than 8 months. He just submitted a few weeks ago so we will have to see if this is true.

Reactions: Driss77

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Hello. This is my first time posting but I'm an active follower of this thread. I'd like to share my immigration story with everyone in order to get advice and to also give insight on how this process has developed in my case.

I am originally from the US and I immigrated to Canada in 2008. I received my PR in January 2009. In February 2009, a few days before Valentine's Day, I met the love of my life. After talking every day since then, I traveled to Casablanca, Morocco in August 2010 to meet him and his family. They were wonderful and after a few days, we had a big celebration and were engaged. After the engagement, I traveled back to Canada to get my life sorted out so we could be married. In February 2012, I traveled back to Morocco and we started the very long process to get permission to marry. We were married on March 1, 2012.

Upon returning to Canada, I learned that I was unable to sponsor my husband for PR because of a new rule that was passed, ironically, the day we got married. That law stated that if you are the subject of a sponsorship agreement you are unable to sponsor anyone else for five years from the date of your PR. That means I'd be unable to sponsor my husband until January 2014! We were both crushed by this news and it drove us apart for some time. Distance is hard enough as you are waiting for immigration papers to be approved but put another 2 years on that and it feels like an eternity. Many strong couples have fallen apart in less time than what we were facing.

After a period of time thinking and being very upset and depressed, we both decided to do what we have to do to make this thing work. I used the two years to get out of debt with my student loans and to get some money in the bank. I also found a better job, making more money and moved to live in a quiet neighborhood and in an area where he'd find like-minded people so that when he comes here he can have a sense of community.

It took me some time to get my life pulled together and in a positive direction. In this time, he also finished his education and got a job in the airline industry where he is able to travel the world and experience new things which I think will be helpful to him as he comes here. This way he won't feel a total culture shock because he's seen how other people throughout the world live their lives.

My application process looks like this:

Application received in Canada August 11, 2017
Police check, medical check, etc. received September 29, 2017
Started processing application in Rabat October 30, 2017
They sent us a request for further proof of our relationship and another police check in March 2018

I know this is a long process and I'm okay with that but all this distance is really killing me. He seems to be taking it well only because he has family where he's at. I'm an immigrant here too and because I work so much I don't have time to build a social life and my family is far away and in the US. They are also no help to me because they don't approve of our marriage and think he's only after me for a PR card. Honestly, if that were true, why would he have been waiting so long for me? He's successful and handsome and can have anyone....but he married me and is waiting for me. That must mean something? But this loneliness is hard and being away from him is hard and recently I've started to also question if he loves me. I'm so scared he'll leave me once he gets here. I have no reason to believe he would but I fear it. Sometimes I think I'm afraid all this will work out and I'll be happy. I know that sounds crazy but this is how I feel.

I'll stop here because I know I'm rambling. I'll keep everyone informed as to how things move from here. I'm going to visit him in Marrakesh the last two weeks of July. I'm hoping we will hear something by then but I'm very unsure at this point because I've read other people's experience stories.

Thanks for listening,
Shani

maha89

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hello. This is my first time posting but I'm an active follower of this thread. I'd like to share my immigration story with everyone in order to get advice and to also give insight on how this process has developed in my case.

I am originally from the US and I immigrated to Canada in 2008. I received my PR in January 2009. In February 2009, a few days before Valentine's Day, I met the love of my life. After talking every day since then, I traveled to Casablanca, Morocco in August 2010 to meet him and his family. They were wonderful and after a few days, we had a big celebration and were engaged. After the engagement, I traveled back to Canada to get my life sorted out so we could be married. In February 2012, I traveled back to Morocco and we started the very long process to get permission to marry. We were married on March 1, 2012.

Upon returning to Canada, I learned that I was unable to sponsor my husband for PR because of a new rule that was passed, ironically, the day we got married. That law stated that if you are the subject of a sponsorship agreement you are unable to sponsor anyone else for five years from the date of your PR. That means I'd be unable to sponsor my husband until January 2014! We were both crushed by this news and it drove us apart for some time. Distance is hard enough as you are waiting for immigration papers to be approved but put another 2 years on that and it feels like an eternity. Many strong couples have fallen apart in less time than what we were facing.

After a period of time thinking and being very upset and depressed, we both decided to do what we have to do to make this thing work. I used the two years to get out of debt with my student loans and to get some money in the bank. I also found a better job, making more money and moved to live in a quiet neighborhood and in an area where he'd find like-minded people so that when he comes here he can have a sense of community.

It took me some time to get my life pulled together and in a positive direction. In this time, he also finished his education and got a job in the airline industry where he is able to travel the world and experience new things which I think will be helpful to him as he comes here. This way he won't feel a total culture shock because he's seen how other people throughout the world live their lives.

They sent us a request for further proof of our relationship and another police check in March 2018

I know this is a long process and I'm okay with that but all this distance is really killing me. He seems to be taking it well only because he has family where he's at. I'm an immigrant here too and because I work so much I don't have time to build a social life and my family is far away and in the US. They are also no help to me because they don't approve of our marriage and think he's only after me for a PR card. Honestly, if that were true, why would he have been waiting so long for me? He's successful and handsome and can have anyone....but he married me and is waiting for me. That must mean something? But this loneliness is hard and being away from him is hard and recently I've started to also question if he loves me. I'm so scared he'll leave me once he gets here. I have no reason to believe he would but I fear it. Sometimes I think I'm afraid all this will work out and I'll be happy. I know that sounds crazy but this is how I feel.

I'll stop here because I know I'm rambling. I'll keep everyone informed as to how things move from here. I'm going to visit him in Marrakesh the last two weeks of July. I'm hoping we will hear something by then but I'm very unsure at this point because I've read other people's experience stories.

Thanks for listening,
Shani
Hi shani , your love story is very inspiring! Just stay positive about everything .. this long process is very frustrating i admit since i'm facing the same here i got married in 2016 and i didn't join my husband yet. But distance really makes the love stronger as the time goes by.. you should not think that he will leave u when he gets there because if he wanted too he would of done it years ago .. just be patient .. few more months and you will be together ..❤❤ wish you all the best

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017

Thanks for listening,
Shani
Hello Shani! Be Positive Inch Allah everything will goes well. I met my wife 2009 online when she was waiting for here PR and we met each other 2017. She visited me on June we get engaged. On October she came with her mom that time we got married. November 21th she applied for spouse sponsorship. It's about one month they sent me email that my application in Rabat started in process.
All I want to say our love still strong more than before. And we never think to give up. I love her so much because she did a lot for me. I should appreciate everything and it should worth to wait.
Just trust your feeling he will never change on you. Throw that bad thinking away. Be strong and positive.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Really helpful info, thank you! We have a newborn baby, I really hope they will process fast for us.
I hope you don’t have to wait too long especially with the baby. In our case I was pregnant. People in the forum said pregnancy doesn’t speed up the process but in our case I sent a letter from my doctor to Rabat showing the due date (it was nov 16, 2014) I sent the letter in March and the day after they got the letter they called my husband for interview that same week. So it seems in our case things went really quick but others are not as lucky unfortunately.

I’ll admit that having a strong application is the key, if there are red flags especially in mixed marriages they need to be addressed in the application.

Reactions: Ayat

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Hello Shani! Be Positive Inch Allah everything will goes well. I met my wife 2009 online when she was waiting for here PR and we met each other 2017. She visited me on June we get engaged. On October she came with her mom that time we got married. November 21th she applied for spouse sponsorship. It's about one month they sent me email that my application in Rabat started in process.
All I want to say our love still strong more than before. And we never think to give up. I love her so much because she did a lot for me. I should appreciate everything and it should worth to wait.
Just trust your feeling he will never change on you. Throw that bad thinking away. Be strong and positive.
Driss77, thank you so much for your kind words. Deep down I know that my husband won't leave me. He comes from a very good family and is very loving. I've also done a lot for him as well. I put him through school, which earned him his dream career with Ryanair. So, I know deep down that after all the years and everything we have done for each other he will stand by me. I just sometimes worry but I'll put it out of my mind. Good luck to you as you continue this process. Insha Allah you won't have much longer to wait until you can be together. :)

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
I hope you don’t have to wait too long especially with the baby. In our case I was pregnant. People in the forum said pregnancy doesn’t speed up the process but in our case I sent a letter from my doctor to Rabat showing the due date (it was nov 16, 2014) I sent the letter in March and the day after they got the letter they called my husband for interview that same week. So it seems in our case things went really quick but others are not as lucky unfortunately.

I’ll admit that having a strong application is the key, if there are red flags especially in mixed marriages they need to be addressed in the application.
Thank you, how long did your process take if you don't mind? I had a whole section dedicated to my pregnancy in our application - including due date, family doctor letter and ultrasound pictures from early on and at 30 weeks. Plus in photos with my husband there are some obviously pregnant ones as well from my most recent visit to Morocco (in March right before submitting). I actually think we have a strong application MashaAllah. Really hoping for the best. The 3 visitor visa rejections were pretty dishearting but I just keep my trust in Allah and keep praying he can come here soon and finally be with me and our daughter...

Reactions: allyh

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Thank you, how long did your process take if you don't mind? I had a whole section dedicated to my pregnancy in our application - including due date, family doctor letter and ultrasound pictures from early on and at 30 weeks. Plus in photos with my husband there are some obviously pregnant ones as well from my most recent visit to Morocco (in March right before submitting). I actually think we have a strong application MashaAllah. Really hoping for the best. The 3 visitor visa rejections were pretty dishearting but I just keep my trust in Allah and keep praying he can come here soon and finally be with me and our daughter...
I really wish they concentrated more on family sponsorships rather than on economic immigrants. For us it was quick, we applied November 6, 2013 and my husband received his approval of visa March 26, 2014 and picked it up 1st week in April.

It’s so difficult to get visit visa for a spouse , we were lucky because I could be in Morocco often and for extended periods as the company I worked for allowed I work from there.

Inshallah he will be here soon with his family. Congratulations on your baby girl, it must be so hard for you though with him being far. Hope that soon you will have some good news.

Reactions: Ayat and allyh

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
Hello everyone ,
After waiting for 14 months , i received an e-mail today asking me to do again my medicales because they are expired . And in the afternoon, a letter of pre-arrival services ... what does this mean please ? They just started processing ly application or what ??
Hi Maha is there any update from the visa office in Rabat after you have done the medical exam?
My application passed the processing time and have not heard from them yet

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
The shortest I heard from people got approved recently is 12 months as it is listed on their website
Some other applicants including me are over a year by now
I read that Rabat used to be one of the faster visa offices with people getting through in 9 months or less, that has obviously changed. I hope you hear something soon.

Reactions: MOHAnKATIE

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
I really wish they concentrated more on family sponsorships rather than on economic immigrants. For us it was quick, we applied November 6, 2013 and my husband received his approval of visa March 26, 2014 and picked it up 1st week in April.

It’s so difficult to get visit visa for a spouse , we were lucky because I could be in Morocco often and for extended periods as the company I worked for allowed I work from there.

Inshallah he will be here soon with his family. Congratulations on your baby girl, it must be so hard for you though with him being far. Hope that soon you will have some good news.
Thank you ❤

maha89

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi Maha is there any update from the visa office in Rabat after you have done the medical exam?
My application passed the processing time and have not heard from them yet
Hello ,
So , the day when they sent me to re do my medicals, they sent me a letter saying that i have the free services pre-arrival from the ircc . Few days later, it's showing in my cic account that they just started my background check which is confusing cuz i tought they already finished it