Oct 17, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 6, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 9, 2013 :D :D
Habibti said:
Thank you Jenni! My husband successfully delivered all the required documents this morning at 10:00. He missed the 6:41 am train, so he had to take a taxi to Casa, then another one to Rabat.

According to our lawyer, chances are he might get his visa last week of December or early January. Maybe your husband and mine will get their visa at the same time :)
That would be amazing!! Please say your prayers! We have submitted the paperwork for his Spanish security papers and I'm hoping that we will get them on monday....once they are submitted, I'm hoping that we will hear quickly about their decision. I feel like I have lived the last month of my life in limbo...going through the motions, doing what needs to be done but I'm not really here. Its a very bizarre feeling. :-\

pastisse

Nov 22, 2012
solrpr said:
Thank you Aziz. what kind of ties do they want?? a rope? haha.. if a man has a home , his parents, that should be good..
but anyways, if i come to marry him in morocco, and my parents dont attend the wedding.. is that a bad thing? will it have a negative effect?
my family is not prticularly thrilled about my decision, so i know they wont come..

Thanks again..
i will be asking a lot of questions here! just getting started... :)
you guys are all a lot of help and i have never met such patient people on a forum.
Thank you All!

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
Hello Newbie here,

I was wondering if anyone knows when i will be able to check my status online. I have received a letter with my approval to sponsor my husband, so i have my UCI number and Application number. But when i go on the Canadian immigration website to check the status it says that they were not able to identify me using the information I provided. My husband got the same letter with his own UCI number and it does not work as well. I believe Rabat is now working on our application. Anyone know why i may not be able to check the status?

Thanks for your help
FLF

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure you are using your husband last name not full name . Good luck hope all works out :)

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
Thank you Cher43! It worked! I guess i was just to excited that i got accepted that i never really took the time to read. Just want this done whole process done. Thanks again

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad you got into ecas I just got bad news today my husband was denied visa he is from Tunisia not far from your husband the vo said the marriage was not genuine It amazes me how they can just make your whole world come crashing down , She made him believe the interview was good we love each other so much that it is killing us both we had so many plans for our future together i love his family and they love me . its heartbreaking

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
cher43 said:
Glad you got into ecas I just got bad news today my husband was denied visa he is from Tunisia not far from your husband the vo said the marriage was not genuine It amazes me how they can just make your whole world come crashing down , She made him believe the interview was good we love each other so much that it is killing us both we had so many plans for our future together i love his family and they love me . its heartbreaking

Oh Cher I am really sorry to hear this. I hate that we put our future in someone else's hand.

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Feelslikeforever I hope all works out for you i hope everybody here hears a postive report back . I know there are some ppl who only are looking for visa but in most cases they are genuine .I will keep my fingers crossed for you am sure all will be ok Good Luck to everyone i sincerely mean that

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
cher43 said:
I know there are some ppl who only are looking for visa
Unfortunately that is a risk we must face with our choice to persue these kinds of relationships. What's more frustrating is having lived through this (successfully mind you) and then watching someone travel a 1000 miles an hour into a brick wall even when all the indicators where there that it is fraud or scamming.

I just went through this with a friend who thought it was love online. She was trying to use my success as an excuse to run head on into it while I was telling her all the warning signs of this guy being a scammer. Sure enough she sent him all her money and is now homeless and penniless and there is nothing the police can do.

So please be very careful ladies...there are strong indicators many times before they arrive here of their intentions. As well as observing how they handle adversity and deal with frustrating situations. All these things should be carefully considered as coming to a new country is one of the biggest changes he/her will face and they need to be able to handle all the changes. And you have to remember that in Morocco there are people hired to watch visa applicants during their daily life there....maybe they are seeing something we obviously cannot while apart.

I am NOT saying every one is like that of course...obviously I am married to a Morrocain and we are very happy but it took a lot of consideration on my end and much prayer and supplication to God. I also have a child that I had to decide if this was going to be a good thing for or not. I would never allow someone to live in our house that I thought could be a danger to my child just because I was "in love". That includes putting us in financial distress.

That all being said...I am very sorry for the disappointing news to couples who truly are genuine and are now struggling through a denial/appeals. I can not imagine the disappointment. But I also encourage you to stick to it...you deserve the best and if this is best for you then keep moving on because it is so incredible in the end. ;)

Peace and blessings to all.

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i agree with you . there are signs when they are asking for money on a regular basis is one not coming online only 1 time a week and other things of course my husband wants me online everynight he has never ever ask me for money not once matter of fact his family ask if i need money .my husband has lived outside his country for 5 yrs so he knows whats its like not living in tunisia . my husband get upset when he sees animal being abused he has the kindness heart i know i am 100% sure he is not a scammer but if he is i am the only one to blame i am happy your relationship has been so great its nice to hear . My Husband just ask me if i can go live in Tunisia with him he don't want divorce but why should i have to uproot myself a good job my family i have daughter i would be leaving behind its insane

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cher43 said:
i agree with you . there are signs when they are asking for money on a regular basis is one not coming online only 1 time a week and other things of course my husband wants me online everynight he has never ever ask me for money not once matter of fact his family ask if i need money .my husband has lived outside his country for 5 yrs so he knows whats its like not living in tunisia . my husband get upset when he sees animal being abused he has the kindness heart i know i am 100% sure he is not a scammer but if he is i am the only one to blame i am happy your relationship has been so great its nice to hear . My Husband just ask me if i can go live in Tunisia with him he don't want divorce but why should i have to uproot myself a good job my family i have daughter i would be leaving behind its insane
Your husband sounds like a similar personality to mine. My husband worked with children with disabilities in Morocco and like your husband could not hurt a fly. He also wanted me to move to Morocco but like you I have a daughter here that I will never leave behind. Then we looked into a visitor visa and that is next to impossible from there...so what option are we left with? He had to come here.

I am very sorry to hear of your denial. Have you started an appeal?

cher43

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting for the papers from paris embassy my husband got his but i never received mine yet . i am praying soon as i hear you only have 30 days to appeal .I think our immigration system is so wrong they let ppl in everyday that don't deserve it and when 2 ppl really love each other they say not genuine I know the american system is so much better they give married couples there rights i guess i should have hired a lawyer from the first . wandering how much this going to cost me its scary

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cher43 said:
I am waiting for the papers from paris embassy my husband got his but i never received mine yet . i am praying soon as i hear you only have 30 days to appeal .I think our immigration system is so wrong they let ppl in everyday that don't deserve it and when 2 ppl really love each other they say not genuine I know the american system is so much better they give married couples there rights i guess i should have hired a lawyer from the first . wandering how much this going to cost me its scary
I do hope you get a speedy response from the Embassy and I certainly hope this will not be too costly.

Truly I feel for you. Send you peace and blessings.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
cher43 said:
Cher43... I am very sorry for what is happening to you. I have been there... this whole nightmare. Like you, my husband got refused in November last year, just before the sensitive time of the year which is Christmas and our wedding anniversary (December 24). I felt like something died in me. But I promise you: you will survive and be victorious at the end. If you have any questions or need some sort of guidance regarding the appeal, don't hesitate to contact me. Be strong!

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
cher43 said:
Thank you Feelslikeforever I hope all works out for you i hope everybody here hears a postive report back . I know there are some ppl who only are looking for visa but in most cases they are genuine .I will keep my fingers crossed for you am sure all will be ok Good Luck to everyone i sincerely mean that

Thank you Cher43