Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it would be more like the katb al-kitab because it's not paid to the bride right then and there.
shamsia said:
Do you mean the 'mahr' a Muslim groom pays the bride?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahr

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
dair2dv8103100 said:
I feel terrible saying this and asking......but did anyone else have serious second thoughts??? I mean truthfully here.... I am really concerned.... and it has NOTHING to do with my husband... it is me.

This is a huge undertaking and with no guarantees..... I have a huge debt load as it is from school and such and there is no way I want to put my family in a destitute situation for a man.

I am truly frightened right now. So many people and all say the same thing....I was sure he was real and genuine. And I had my husband researched more than a lot of you and I am still really second guessing this.

I suppose if I was wealthy it would not play on my mind so much. But right now things are so incredibly tight that there is no room for paying another rent or expenses. Gosh I am just sitting here thinking....I am freaking nuts... sure he says he loves me...but that does not pay the bills. And with a child to think of... man... I just wonder how you all do it?

I am having a serious open wound moment here... please go easy on me... but be truthful as well...
I am truly sorry to know about how you feel. It is normal! I went through some periods of doubt like you. Especially when I am exhausted. Then, when I am well rested, I feel more optimistic. All I can say is that you can just pray to have some signs. I am a HUGE believer in signs and I got some that helped me to put me right back on track. In one of your previous messages here on the forum, you told me that you pray for me. Now it is my turn to do the same for you... :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:
Hi Dair,

I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. I think you already know that none of us can tell you anything more than you already know. No one here can say if your husband is an honest man, a complete scammer or one of the other million shades of gray in between.

I do know this. Marriages between Moroccan men and Canadian women are primed for failure. Putting MOC's aside completely, there are so so so many cultural differences that you haven't even thought of. Or worse, you HAVE thought of them, talked about them and THINK you have come to an understanding...but guess what? - you haven't.

Brushing everyone with a broad stroke - Canadians and Moroccans alike - how Moroccans and Canadians view the world is FUNDAMENTALLY different. Yes you both may value family. But what that means to you and what that means to him are likely two REALLY different things. And how that plays out in your marriage is anyone's guess. That goes FOR EVERYTHING - from division of labour, to how you spend your money, to who makes decisions and why decisions are made, EVERY little thing under the sun will need to be renegotiated.

For all of you waiting - if you think this is hard now....wait until he gets here. Honestly. My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years now. And I tell you it does not get much easier.

I know there are some success stories out there - but I promise you they had to work harder than anyone can imagine, and for many of us - it's still anyone's guess. I don't really believe in happily ever after...maybe that makes me bitter. Ok I know it does.

Sorry - I know that got a little off topic - back to that:

Dair - you need to be straight with your husband. Cut the romance, cut the lovey dovey. Give it to him straight. Explain that you are in it this far because you love him and think you two might really have a future together. Let him know that if things don't work out for the two of you, that yeah it will suck and you'll be crushed, but you can accept it.

What you won't be able to accept is if he turns around and eff's things up for you and your daughter by going on welfare. Explain very clearly, that if he abuses your sponsorship he'll be DESTROYING not only you, but your beatiful child. If he takes the conversation well, it maybe a good time to half jokingly remind him that you know where his family lives and would have no problem going there and making sure all his family and neighbour new what a snake and a loser he was for ruining yours and your daughters life. JK (kind of) LOL.

Locolynn
Sometimes I think Lynn and I share a brain. I agree 100% with everything she said.

I KNOW how tough it is, even when there is lots of love. I know for a fact that it's not enough. After almost 2 years of living together in Canada my husband and I separated. He loves me, he was NEVER mean to me, it was definitely a "genuine" marriage, but try as we might, we could not find that common ground to make our marriage work. Or at least, I had no more energy left to put in. Lynn is right, there are SO many fundamental differences that we were not able to overcome. I can't even begin to describe all of them but they touched on almost every aspect of our daily lives. I don't want to get into details of what he did wrong or I did wrong because there wasn't a "thing". It was more like "everything" that took so much work of negotiation, renegotiation, testing limits, fighting, crying, etc. Honestly, it was just too much work with not enough reward. So love was never our problem. We were both faithful to each other and separating was hard. But being together was harder. I chose peace over love. And I haven't regretted it, not for one minute.

Would I say that our cultural differences played a big role in our separation? Yep. Absolutely. We drove each other nuts with the way we did things, me being so Canadian and him being so Moroccan. Do I regret marrying him and sponsoring him? That's harder because putting so much time, effort and even money into something and then watching it fail is not easy. BUT I will say that he has not and will not take advantage of the sponsorship agreement. Even though we are not together anymore he does care about me and would never do anything to jeopardize mine or my son's future. He would sleep on the street before he would do something like that. He is a good man in many ways. But we are not right for each other.

And I guess I would have to say that NO, I don't regret it because when I think about all the new experiences and richness that my meeting him brought to my life, I wouldn't trade that for the world. Even my career changed and I'm passionate about the work I do. I love my clients and I work day and night for them. I can't remember the last time I took a whole day off from my work. And I'm happy to say that it's all paid off with an extraordinary success rate. My immigration experience with my husband gave me a depth of understanding in my work that I would never have had otherwise. So no regrets. Actually, I am so very grateful for the experience.

Lynn is right. All of the things you've "discussed" mean nothing when you start living together. Some of the concepts of just living are SO very different between Canada and Morocco. Credit cards and mortgages are new things in Morocco. When you say you "own" your home to a Moroccan they think you own it free and clear. Yet in Canada, your name might be on the deed but the bank probably owns most of it. Financial planning is not a strong suit of most Moroccans that I've known, but not all. I know some exceptions to this, people who just "got it" and adapted very quickly. But this is not the norm. I've brought several foreign workers from Morocco to Canada over the years and it's been interesting to watch how, when and if they adapt. With only a couple of exceptions, the women do MUCH better than the men. They adjust more quickly because honestly, they try harder. Overall, I'm happy with how the majority of both the men and women have done but there have been a few that just couldn't make it and had to go back. I joke with the others about some of the difficulties they had in their first year as they find it funny now. It didn't matter that I told them about many things before they arrived, they just couldn't "understand" it until they were actually "living" it. But you know the advantage they had over a spouse? As workers they were on their own. They HAD to figure it out. There was no crutch to ease them into it. It forced them to grow up FAST and become self-reliant. Remember all the things you had to learn when you first moved out from your parents? How to budget, pay bills, be responsible or face the consequences? All of those hard lessons we face when we venture out on our own. I will almost GUARANTEE you that unless your Moroccan spouse already lives away from his/her family, they will have NO IDEA how to do this when they arrive in Canada, just like we didn't when we lived with our parents.

EVERYTHING works differently here. So unless you've got a really smart spouse who is downright EAGER to adapt and learn how to be responsible, prepare yourself for some hard times. They have to learn, make mistakes, fall on their face, pick themselves up and do it all over again. Those that do "get it" quickly are a blessing. Even if it doesn't work out with them, at least you won't be faced with financial ruin. In that respect, I'm somewhat lucky although I have had to "help" my husband out a few times since he left. Part of me is annoyed about that but I know he's trying and getting better at being self-sufficient so I can live with it. The other part of me feels sorry for him because he wants to go home. If we aren't together he doesn't see what is so great about Canada anymore. BUT he would be vilified by his family and friends as well as the whole fricken' neighbourhood if he moved back. Because no matter how many times he tells them how difficult it is here, they don't get it. Sound familiar?

That's just my story and experience. I hope for happier results for all of you in your marriages. I did get my happy ending in many ways. It's just not what I had imagined it would be. But maybe it's better. I know I'm peaceful and content in my life, my experience makes me better at my work, and I teach Family Class to others in my profession because of my passion for it, my expertise and my track record. The only thing that would make me even happier would be that my husband would find his own peace and contentment as well. So even when a marriage ends, it's not always a horror story. Just remember to let go of the fairy tale. Happily-ever-after does NOT exist. Marriage is work. Marriage to a Morrocan will likely be triple the work. That doesn't mean it's bad, just way outside of your norm. Prepare yourself for that as best you can. Make a wish, say a prayer but ALWAYS deal with reality. There is no shame in trying just like there is no shame in ending something that does not work.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rjessome, I'm really sorry to hear that you and your husband are separating. Best wishes to both of you.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Rjessome - thanks for sharing. It's not easy to go through what you have, but you sound at peace with how things have turned out. I feel similarly. I have NO idea what the future holds for my husband and I but I know that given the choice, I wouldn't do anything differently.

And p.s. I am flattered you think we share a brain since I think so highly of you and really value your contributions to this forum!

Lynn

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Rjessome, I'm really sorry to hear that you and your husband are separating. Best wishes to both of you.
Thanks. I appreciate your kindness.

locolynn said:
Rjessome - thanks for sharing. It's not easy to go through what you have, but you sound at peace with how things have turned out. I feel similarly. I have NO idea what the future holds for my husband and I but I know that given the choice, I wouldn't do anything differently.

And p.s. I am flattered you think we share a brain since I think so highly of you and really value your contributions to this forum!

Lynn
Thanks Lynn. Life is not easy in general. But it is short, too short to be miserable. Our separation actually happed a few months ago. I didn't want to write about it on the forum because I don't want to discourage anyone. I still believe that there can be success stories. But when Dair posted her concerns, I knew I had to fess up. Plus, I wanted to give myself time to get over the residual hurt and anger that ALWAYS comes with a breakup, even when it's for the best. I'm over all of that now so it was time.

Given the choice there are plenty of things I would change about my life but I wouldn't start with my marriage. Hell, I'd go all the way back to high school! :p But seeing as I don't have a time machine handy, I'm truly grateful for what I have learned and experienced. I absolutely love my life and am in a great place. You "get" the challenges Lynn like nobody else does. You threw out the rose coloured glasses a long time ago and this topic is lucky to have your wisdom and experience to provide much needed reality checks.

To anyone else who reads my experience, please do not feel sorry for me. I am no victim of anything other than a relationship that didn't work out. But I will say that I KNEW this might happen. Just because love is blind doesn't mean you have to be stupid. And believing in happily-ever-after is STUPID. Rather, believe in your ability to work together to find solutions to your issues and to face your challenges as a team. ALL marriages have ups and downs so this is not unique to Canadian/Moroccan circumstances. But you WILL have extra things to deal with. Let go of your sympathy for their difficult life in Morocco. When they come to Canada, that old life ended. There are a world of opportunities here if a person works hard enough. MAKE them accountable and responsible. DO NOT succumb to passive/agressive behaviour. Guilt is an uncomfortable feeling for Canadians. In Morocco, they use it to barter. That's their WAY and they are tougher about it. You would be hard-pressed to guilt a Moroccan into anything because it's part of their everyday interactions with EVERYONE. So be more like them in that regard and don't let it affect you. There are probably a dozen other hints and tips but everyone is unique.

Now a happy story. I know a couple who are doing very well. The husband is Moroccan and he arrived in Canada about a month earlier than mine. He embraced everything about Canada and made it his mission to Canadianize himself. He was like a sponge, learning and asking questions all the time. He didn't even want to make any Moroccan friends at first, only Canadian because in his words, "What can a Moroccan teach me that I don't already know?" Of course he didn't shun any Moroccans but just didn't seek them out. He understood that he needed to adapt quickly to take advantage of all the opportunities that were now available to him that he could never have in Morocco. His wife was trying to take it easy on him so as not to overwhelm him but he wouldn't have it. "Teach me how to live here so we can have a good life," was what he said to her. So she did. And they have accomplished so much in a short time! They bought their own home (she rented previously), they both took part-time classes (she finished her degree & he got a trade), joined a gym together and are big fitness buffs now, and are very happy and excited about the future. They motivated each other. Does that mean it's been perfect? No! They've had some pretty big arguments over division of housework and other normal things. But overall, they are a team. I attribute a lot of their success to HIS attitude and willingness to adapt. He instinctually knew that life would be different here and that HE would be the one making the changes to be successful. He didn't expect to find Morocco in Canada. His wife is so very grateful for this. She's seen how hard he's worked to fit in here and she's also seen so many other couples fail. She knows she's lucky not to have faced as many challenges as others have. As long as they remain a team, they should be able to face future challenges as well.

So I know it's possible to succeed with a Moroccan/Canadian relationship. Work hard, be realistic and be prepared.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for being brave enough to share such a personal story. I really admire you for doing that.

And congrats on dealing with everything so positively. That's not always easy to do. And yet at the same time, dealing with the challenges that life throws at you positively is the best way to overcome them. In the end, almost every situation is an opportunity.

Thanks again and good for you.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
First of all I am very sorry to hear of your separation rjessome... sounds like you both put your best effort into it and understand that sometimes things just don't workout. I admire your courage and your frankness, I always have and I admire that you strive to move forward no matter what the circumstances. I really am glad you are a part of the forum and are able to share your experiences with us.

ddobro2 said:
Did you get a prenup when you married in Morocco?

No... I was fool hardy enough to just want to get it over with. Besides we are both poor and broke. There is nothing either of us has to offer the other monetarily.

locolynn said:
Dair - you need to be straight with your husband. Cut the romance, cut the lovey dovey. Give it to him straight. Explain that you are in it this far because you love him and think you two might really have a future together. Let him know that if things don't work out for the two of you, that yeah it will suck and you'll be crushed, but you can accept it.

What you won't be able to accept is if he turns around and eff's things up for you and your daughter by going on welfare. Explain very clearly, that if he abuses your sponsorship he'll be DESTROYING not only you, but your beatiful child. If he takes the conversation well, it maybe a good time to half jokingly remind him that you know where his family lives and would have no problem going there and making sure all his family and neighbour new what a snake and a loser he was for ruining yours and your daughters life. JK (kind of) LOL.
Locolynn
It's funny you would talk about romance and lovey dovey... that was over for us a long time ago in fact romantic and lovey dovey would not at all describe our relationship really at any point...lol... but I did talk with him about it ... again ... and he reminded me of some of the fundamental differences between him and the others. In fact I was shocked about a couple things he said....like what rjessome wrote about with the couple that the man jumped right into Canadian culture and wanted to adapt and learn. These are some of the exact things my husband said. I was quite surprised. He said he was not interested in meeting any Moroccans here...he wanted to learn the culture here, to learn our lifestyle and leave Moroccan culture behind. I understand that does not mean he will or that it will work....but it sure blew me away. He has never said it in that manner before.

The fact still remains though that my concerns aren't really about him. They are about me...about my insecurities and my trust issues. I have lived in my house for 9 years and I can count on one hand how many times I have allowed people (other than my mother) in my house. I have huge anxieties about this. How the heck am I going to be when one day we are this way and the next I have a man living in my house?? Sharing my space and my life??

I have spoken with him about this also... he offered to live somewhere else in the beginning .. hahahaha I said that will never work because I cannot afford to keep another place. I also spoke with my mentor about this and she said... well it's true you have serious trust issues but maybe this is how God wants to help you with it. To plop someone right in the middle of your life and say here...you deserve to be loved and cared for. hahahahaha I don't know about plopping someone right in the middle of my life...but it sure is making me face these issues. :p

Oh well... enough of the psychological mumbo jumbo we all have our "issue" to deal with. I guess I will just wait to see what the interview brings. I am also waiting for the signed form to arrive from Morocco so I can order GCMS notes and see if there is anything interesting in there.

Best wishes to all still waiting...

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Thank you rjessome for sharing your personal story and your friend's story. We can reflect and learn so much from both stories.

It takes a tremendous amount of energy to fit a square into a circle and sometimes we have to be wise enough to stop hitting one's head against the wall, even if we still love, care or respect the other. I think my husband will be like this husband in your second story. My husband has always said that he is not like his people, he has always felt and thought different from them. He feels he does not fit in his own country. He craves to have a different life from the one he is having and friends from different nationalities. I have never felt much the differences between him and me. My ex-husband was born the same year as me, born in the same province as me and we shared the same culture, language and religion and yet we felt there was an universe between us!

May you (rjessome) continue to inspire us. You are a strong and wise woman. And full of life and passion too! As I told you in my personal message, peace has no price.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
To Dair: As you know already, I have similar issues as yours. I try to see it as an opportunity to grow. And if there are moments that cause too much anxiety, there is still the campground across from where I live lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To "just get it over with"? But it's a wedding, not a gynecologist appointment. Anyway the reason why I asked is because the sense that I got from your message was that, as wonderful as your husband is and as trustworthy as he may be, you have to look out for number 1 (and number 2- your kid) or you may be faced with a situation you never expected and that will be more hurtful to both of you (you and your child) than just an end to a relationship. So....and I know this stuff is totally un-romantic and I personally didn't do it when we got married in Virginia......I asked about a contractual agreement at the time of the wedding, which is pretty customary in Morocco. The term "prenup" makes us all think of rich celebrities so that's probably not the term I should have used. And even though you consider yourself "poor," you are certainly not poor my Moroccan standards. I don't know alot about Moroccan marriage customs and law, but I am pretty sure that even if you did not get married in front of an adul and you did it in front of a judge, as part of the wedding ceremony you would have been asked whether your groom payed you a certain amount already (we'll call it a "down payment") and commits to paying you another, larger amount at some point in the future. That's standard, and it's also standard for a Moroccan woman, especially if she's working, to ask for a large sum for this payment (I don't think it works exactly the same as a dowry does in other cultures but for lack of a better term, we'll call it a "dowry"). She can ask her husband to pay this "debt" the day after the wedding or years later. She can even cancel it if she wants. It's specifically there to provide protection to women. I believe she even has a right to half of this dowry if a divorce occurs before the marriage is even consummated, and a right to all of it if occurs after. So the question is whether you had agreed to a dowry or whether you chose not to specify an amount of money, in which case the marriage is one of "entrustment" and it would be less clear how property would be distributed in the event of a divorce.

dair2dv8103100 said:
No... I was fool hardy enough to just want to get it over with. Besides we are both poor and broke. There is nothing either of us has to offer the other monetarily.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
To "just get it over with"? But it's a wedding, not a gynecologist appointment. Anyway the reason why I asked is because the sense that I got from your message was that, as wonderful as your husband is and as trustworthy as he may be, you have to look out for number 1 (and number 2- your kid) or you may be faced with a situation you never expected and that will be more hurtful to both of you (you and your child) than just an end to a relationship. So....and I know this stuff is totally un-romantic and I personally didn't do it when we got married in Virginia......I asked about a contractual agreement at the time of the wedding, which is pretty customary in Morocco. The term "prenup" makes us all think of rich celebrities so that's probably not the term I should have used. And even though you consider yourself "poor," you are certainly not poor my Moroccan standards. I don't know alot about Moroccan marriage customs and law, but I am pretty sure that even if you did not get married in front of an adul and you did it in front of a judge, as part of the wedding ceremony you would have been asked whether your groom payed you a certain amount already (we'll call it a "down payment") and commits to paying you another, larger amount at some point in the future. That's standard, and it's also standard for a Moroccan woman, especially if she's working, to ask for a large sum for this payment (I don't think it works exactly the same as a dowry does in other cultures but for lack of a better term, we'll call it a "dowry"). She can ask her husband to pay this "debt" the day after the wedding or years later. She can even cancel it if she wants. It's specifically there to provide protection to women. I believe she even has a right to half of this dowry if a divorce occurs before the marriage is even consummated, and a right to all of it if occurs after. So the question is whether you had agreed to a dowry or whether you chose not to specify an amount of money, in which case the marriage is one of "entrustment" and it would be less clear how property would be distributed in the event of a divorce.
First of all... A wedding and the actual marriage are 2 very different things in Morocco. I was leaving in a few days and we wanted to plan a honeymoon and wedding party. So, to get the marriage contract over with was exactly how I felt so we could move on from that. After almost 20 days of running from court house to judge to court house to police to adul to court house and on and on... if you did not get married in Morocco, you would not understand what they put "mixed" couples through. To experience that kind of stress... knowing you must leave and yet not knowing if you were going to leave married or not... to say it was a huge relief would be the biggest understatement of the century. So while you might think it sounds trite to say it that way...but yes I wanted it over with!!!

But besides that... yes, we agreed on a "dowry" or mahr. But they did not ask me about anything should the marriage fail. We just agreed that my husband would pay the "dowry" at a later date. Although he also stated that he bought me jewelery and that can also be used for or as part of a "dowry". To be honest this really isn't a concern. I really am poor and with all the land my husbands family owns there I imagine they are wealthier than I. He has agreed to create a family book for us...this will help greatly incase of divorce as it would be leverage for me to make sure he does not attempt to suck us dry because I can claim half of what he owns in Morocco.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
All I can do is wait for the interview at this point. My coworker was able to retrieve the saved conversations ;D

Once the interview is over and we see what they say then I can decide my next steps.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, the whole point is to have financial leverage and protection under the law and if you feel that you have that, that's great. But now I'm really confused as to the source of your mistrust of him (the hypothetical going on welfare and leaving you with the debt to the government), which was my interpretation of your post about having second thoughts with sponsoring him, particularly when you say below that the dowry isn't a concern. Unless we're not talking about non-emotional hurt.

dair2dv8103100 said:
But besides that... yes, we agreed on a "dowry" or mahr. But they did not ask me about anything should the marriage fail. We just agreed that my husband would pay the "dowry" at a later date. Although he also stated that he bought me jewelery and that can also be used for or as part of a "dowry". To be honest this really isn't a concern. I really am poor and with all the land my husbands family owns there I imagine they are wealthier than I. He has agreed to create a family book for us...this will help greatly incase of divorce as it would be leverage for me to make sure he does not attempt to suck us dry because I can claim half of what he owns in Morocco.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well my thoughts on second thoughts....i think everyone goes through that...especially when i was in the plane the 1st time going to Morocco to meet my husband face to face and i have to transfer planes a casa for another ....when i was in montreal going to casa in my head im like im f***** crazy what the heck am i doing but at that point i was in the air already so no going back ....but then when i got there its like i felt i knew my hubby for a long time i felt this is him ...even though my luggages didnt follow me they were in casa and we had to wait 8hours for them but thats a different story.....

Then when we got refused oufffff now that was moment like maybe we are not supposed to be together and oh boy look at the financial aspect and now lawyer and whatver my husband makes there wouldnt really help me but its alot for him there so he couldnt help me ......

then now i won the ADR and seconds thoughts come again due to the time its just taking so long for any signs of whats happening dec 12th was the court dec 19th i received a copy of their decision and now total silence....wait wait and wait thats all we seem to be doing so for sure its annoying u feel like giving up but then other friends in my life tell me about there men situations and i know my husband is not like that ...my husband due to all this communication is my ultimate best friend.... so i guess i cannot put monetary value or time or regret in that.......

so more waiting ........ :(