+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
on the cic ecas it said they started processing my case on June 14 and on the august 4th i got a call to come and get my visa on the 24th of august .......thats my case(interview waived) i hope that ur husbands will hear good news soon.im here in vancouver 6 weeks now its all good except missing the family and the freinds ....Good Luck.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
smalls said:
on the cic ecas it said they started processing my case on June 14 and on the august 4th i got a call to come and get my visa on the 24th of august .......thats my case(interview waived) i hope that ur husbands will hear good news soon.im here in vancouver 6 weeks now its all good except missing the family and the freinds ....Good Luck.
Congratulations... very quick for you guys! You are lucky.

I don't think we will be that lucky. We have not had good luck so far and I don't anticipate it getting any better now. I am still not expecting to hear anything till next year. I have accepted the fact that we will likely end up going through the whole gammit of extra proof, interview, second police check and medicals... that is our luck.

If we are denied we will likely just live apart as the expense is just too much for both of us. :'( Sad and unfortunate but it is our reality.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
smalls said:
In your case... from the moment they started processing your application until the day you picked it up, there were 2 months and a half. They started processing my husband's application on October 20 and if it takes 2 months a half like you before my husband can pick up his visa, it means he won't be here for my Christmas break and not for our first wedding anniversary :(

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Congratulations patopato!! ;D
Hi everybody!
I just wanted to share with you that my husband arrived to Montreal last Wednesday. He is doing really good and we are so happy. He started to work today. Just a temporary job but it is good for him. I hope everybody have their husbands and wifes soon!!!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti said:
In your case... from the moment they started processing your application until the day you picked it up, there were 2 months and a half. They started processing my husband's application on October 20 and if it takes 2 months a half like you before my husband can pick up his visa, it means he won't be here for my Christmas break and not for our first wedding anniversary :(
Hi Habibti,

Did you order the CAIPS/GCMS notes yet?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Patopato. Good luck to your husband. I'm glad he's doing well in Montreal. Make sure they don't take advantage of him at those temp gigs.....they've started to have a bad reputation here in Montreal.
patopato said:
Hi everybody!
I just wanted to share with you that my husband arrived to Montreal last Wednesday. He is doing really good and we are so happy. He started to work today. Just a temporary job but it is good for him. I hope everybody have their husbands and wifes soon!!!!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
rjessome said:
Hi Habibti,

Did you order the CAIPS/GCMS notes yet?
No, because I was told it is not worth it. It is something you should order before an interview so you know how to get prepared for the interview. And the interview is already passed. There is nothing else we can do to convince them now. It has been 7 weeks now since the interview. We would have been notified already if we were refused? I have been rarely here these past few weeks. Work has increased considerably. I work day and night, 7 days a week. I just sleep between 5 and 6 hours every night. Hope all is well with you!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
And I forgot to mention that last weekend, our e-cas changed to:

We started processing Adil XXX application on October 20.

So is it a good sign?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Habibti said:
And I forgot to mention that last weekend, our e-cas changed to:

We started processing Adil XXX application on October 20.

So is it a good sign?
My e-cas said that for a while too... started processing on Aug 16. Now it is completely gone from e-cas.

I give up... I will never understand it.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti said:
No, because I was told it is not worth it. It is something you should order before an interview so you know how to get prepared for the interview. And the interview is already passed. There is nothing else we can do to convince them now. It has been 7 weeks now since the interview. We would have been notified already if we were refused? I have been rarely here these past few weeks. Work has increased considerably. I work day and night, 7 days a week. I just sleep between 5 and 6 hours every night. Hope all is well with you!
Who told you it wasn't worth it? Sigh..... Since the visa office is still processing, a decision has not been made. That means that a positive or negative decision can come at any time. Now the "trend" with Rabat is to refuse quickly if they do not believe the marriage is genuine. But that doesn't make it the rule. If nothing else, the notes could give you peace of mind knowing what the visa officer thought of the interview and whether or not your relationship was deemed genuine. $5 for peace of mind. Think about it.

Working day and night too. :) Can't even spend much time on here because I'm just too busy. Hope you are doing well.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
rjessome said:
Who told you it wasn't worth it? Sigh..... Since the visa office is still processing, a decision has not been made. That means that a positive or negative decision can come at any time. Now the "trend" with Rabat is to refuse quickly if they do not believe the marriage is genuine. But that doesn't make it the rule. If nothing else, the notes could give you peace of mind knowing what the visa officer thought of the interview and whether or not your relationship was deemed genuine. $5 for peace of mind. Think about it.

Working day and night too. :) Can't even spend much time on here because I'm just too busy. Hope you are doing well.
I understand better now. "In Process" does not necessarily means a decision has been made in a positive way. I know that if I order the notes, it won't change their decision now since the interview is passed now :( But I understand that my husband and I will have peace of mind to know now. I tried at one point to order them but I could not understand how. It seemed so complicated to me.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While it's obviously easier to get them if you're the PA and inside Canada, it's not that hard for someone who doesn't fit that profile to order them. You just need to fill out the three following forms, the third one being filled out by the PA (it should look familiar, as that was part of the outland application package):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5667E.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

You can even choose to email them to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca.

FYI - these are MUCH better than e-CAS.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
While it's obviously easier to get them if you're the PA and inside Canada, it's not that hard for someone who doesn't fit that profile to order them. You just need to fill out the three following forms, the third one being filled out by the PA (it should look familiar, as that was part of the outland application package):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5667E.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

You can even choose to email them to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca.

FYI - these are MUCH better than e-CAS.
Thank you so much for the forms. But I think my husband has to sign them too, right? Then, by the time I send him the forms for his signature and I receive them back and by the time I get the notes, we might heard from the visa office well before that. That is why my husband told me not to order them and a few people on this forum. Besides ordering the notes won't influence their decision one way or the other. My husband has interview already. I might be foolish, but I believe he will have his visa beginning of winter. And if the worst happens (that is we are denied), then I will order them for appeal.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He only signs the third one in the list. Requests are taking 30 days to complete right now, obviously a bit less if you deal with it via email.
Habibti said:
Thank you so much for the forms. But I think my husband has to sign them too, right? Then, by the time I send him the forms for his signature and I receive them back and by the time I get the notes, we might heard from the visa office well before that.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
He only signs the third one in the list. Requests are taking 30 days to complete right now, obviously a bit less if you deal with it via email.
He can fax or scan and email the signed page back to you. It doesn't have to be an original.