+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

M

med

hi paixpeace , i think what ur friend has told you that immigration officers in rabat here are on hollidays and only moroccan personnel remain in charge , this piece of news is not correct because my friend got the refusal letter from rabat just last thursday and was signed by an officer called george which means that they are still working . they take vacation once a year its in christmas time . the problem there is no criteria on which u can measure the time of each file , there is a randomness in their work some files are finalized in 6 weeks some in 8 some in more , you can never tell when it can be done , just keep the hope up and aspire for the better . take care
MED

AMES

Aug 6, 2009
i know that they are working on january files because mine arrived in rabat on jan 9 and my husband has gotten his visa.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somebody on the French forum mentioned that they heard Rabat was processing files from FEBRUARY. (Oops! I've got my head in November!)

I spoke to my MP yesterday and he advised that they would make an inquiry on our behalf to Rabat this week, hopefully today! I don't know if that will speed things up any but it can't hurt. Good luck everyone.

abdo12

Star Member
Jul 16, 2009
hi friends, i hear from someone he got visa to folow his study in canada that the embassy so busy with tourist and study visa specially in the months july and auguest so iam sure that we will hear a call from them in the end of this month ,our fingers crossed and some one also did do a specifik enquiry to rabat and they respended to him by there are more application before this man so he has to wait ..its mean who has a long process iam sure he will hear news in the 10 days coming ..
good luck i'm the first one has a long process than others but i still optimist ..

M

med

oh Ames thats a good piece of news . my file dates back to the 9th of february hopefully we can hear something from them in ramadan .
rejessome ur file seems to have taken much time ; is there anything wrong with it or is it just their randomness ?
MED

M

med

HIO REJESSOME AGAIN . TELL ME DO U HAVE THE LINK OF THAT FRENCH FORUM U ARE TALKING ABT ?

AMES

Aug 6, 2009
im not sure but i think that the length of treatment for an individuals file may depend on where they are immigrating to. for example quebec and ontario have many immigrants, where as the city my husband is immigrating to has alot fewer people. im not sure if that impacts the tme frame or not

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi med. The link is http://www.forum.immigrer.com/index.php?showforum=12

The only province that has any differences in immigration than the rest of Canada is Quebec. Other than that, there is a rule in procedural fairness governing immigration that is probably causing the delays for some of us. It states, "whomever views must decide." What it means is that whatever visa officer began processing the file MUST be the one to make the decision. They cannot transfer a file to another Visa Officer because of workload, etc. So in some ways it's just the luck of the draw. It could be that whomever is looking at our file has a bigger case load, has more complicated cases on their desk, is or was on vacation or is just incompetent.

I am hoping that there is nothing wrong with our file and that there is no other reason for the delay. In fact, that's what I'm praying!!!

M

med

thanks ames and rejessome for ur responses i hope everything will be fine with all of us

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My MP got a "form letter" reply to their inquiry about us today. It just said we are in the queue for an interview, blah, blah, blah. So the MP wrote back and asked them how much longer we have to wait because it's been too long! Nice! They told me if they didn't get a response then they would go over the heads of the embassy to the Minister.

I'm requesting CAIPS notes today too. Should have done that long ago but I was sure we would have received a call. Oh well, it's never too late!

abdo12

Star Member
Jul 16, 2009
rjessome ,i want to ask you what if the embassy did call us before for an interveiw but they did not get a respond from us becouse of bad connection or something like that,so they would lets our dossier to the bottom of the list or they will use mail or email?i really worry about that becouse connection in morocco is not good everydays..
thanks rgessome and hope we will get news soon

boras raven

Jul 2, 2009
hi abdo 12 embassy will call you on your cell and house phone and email you also .so no worries about that they can call your wife in Canada also.good luck everybody and Ramadan Mubarak.