+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRATULATIONS TO BORAS/RAVEN/NOUREDINE AND LOVELY LADY NOW IN CANADA!!!!!

Have a safe and pleasant flight rad1!!! I'm sure it will all be fine.

To all of us still waiting, let's pray for some GOOD news soon!!! I feel like I am starting to lose my mind or maybe I have already lost it! It's been more than 7 months since Rabat has our file and still NOTHING! My husband and I are so tired of waiting. It feels like they want to break us! We are both depressed about this BUT we MUST stay strong.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
congradulations and welcome to canada lovely lady

good to see that things are moving even though some of us are still hanging......by a thread that is lol

each day brings us closer to the end

wishing everyone the best of luck!!!

Mariana

sos_help

Jun 10, 2008
salamevery body
hamdollah i landed yesterday, still tired cause of the flight, but doesnt matter now all the waiting to be with my wife is over hamdollah i wish for everybody for thier waiting to be over soon inshae allah, its so nice here on the island ,everything is green hhhhh ,

the flight was so so long , i hade to make conextion to other planes 2 times, and that made me wondring how my wife was patient in every flight to come see me , this flight made me know how much is my wife loves me
thanx of you sweet friend thanx to all of you friends that i have never meet and i wish to meet, o yea you were right adam they only asked bout the value of all my cary on goods, so no lists,

adamtanya

Jul 30, 2008
homdolilah rad you arrived safe . it will get you sometimes that you miss family so bad trust me i m not jockin . it hard at first though your wife with you but you will need someone that like you to talk with .
as far i m concerned i always talk to my friebd from moreal in the phone and exhange information talking about many issue job school etc .
causeone thing you have to know you cannt eat regular meat cause you muslim but still you can buy halal meat . there are many stores that sell halal meat in here which is good .
i cannt wait to meet Miriana husband . that would awsome .
i wish i could meet these living in toronto area that would be good then you will feel u home . wow i can imagine that . ramadan is coming and you can spend ftour at someone house drinking soup ets shabakiya lol hhh who knows it might be availabe here too .
in the end i wanna say thank to everyone thank you rad miriana hoping and everyone .
and as i said before just have faith and you will be fine and keep praying thanking good for everything HE has done for you .
i m sorry for not being abble to post recently i swear i was so busy and i did not intrernet that time plus looking for job which seem to be hard to find specially recently due to economy crisis .
TORONTO HAS BEEN ON STRIKE FOR OVER 2O DAYS holy moly . what i m saying you guys keep in touch with each other and be good community there .do not hesitate to contact me i will answer anyquestion that has been bothering you guys
salamo3likom

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
adamtanya, as soon as hubby gets here i will let you guys know, at best it will be in the fall :(

i will email you my new phone number and hopefully we can connect and not play phone tag lol

it would be great to have this group of new commers in the Toronto area get together.

The first year is the most difficult, but it wont be long before you get settled with a job and a routine. You will make new friends but even so you will miss your family and friends in Morocco....one is silver and the other is gold

you are starting a new chapter in your life.....make it the best one yet......dont let your past determine your future....dream big Adam without limitations....stay focused on only the things you want and they will come!

All the very best
Mariana

adamtanya

Jul 30, 2008
thanks Miriana . i m having a good time with my wife hamdoliulah . she is my best friend too. i cannt wait to meet you and your husband . that would be awsome . tell me miriana what is news concerning immigration . i hope things will go smoothly and fast so you can be with your husband forever
you have been a good asset to that forum and we appreciate that so bad . so on behalf of the forum i wanna say thanks miriana and good luck . the some with other people in here

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
thanks very much adam :)

when i first signed onto the forum well over a year ago lots of people offered me invaluable information and advise as well

it is great to be able to help others now!

hubby has resent medicals and new paper work and now we wait some more

this long wait has been stressful to say the least

sent in the application 9 oct 2007 so i am more than anxious for this process to end
but that doesn't take away from the happiness i feel when i read a post that someone has received their visa

imparticular Moroccan ones :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stealth, I've watched all the boards regarding visa's for Moroccan spouses coming to Canada and the answer to your question varies. It is dependent upon how long it takes to get the security clearance and background check completed by CSIS, Canada's intelligence agency. What I have seen over the past 9 months is visa's received in as little as 2 weeks after the interview and as much as several months. There is still one person I know of who has been waiting for security clearance for more than a year! A couple of things that have an impact on this are:

1. If you have a common name that is on an international watch list, further investigation is required
2. If you have served time in the military, government or worked in law enforcement (police) as there is a higher level of scrutiny.
3. If you have travelled/lived outside of Morocco as clearances from other countries are also required
4. The level of co-operation between the Canadian government and other foreign governments.

I know this doesn't answer your question BUT the average amount of time that I have seen for cases without special issues is 3 to 5 weeks after the interview. Hope that helps you a little.

Nooda

Star Member
Jun 25, 2007
Message to valentina

Salut valentina,

I'm trying to send you a message but your inbox is full, pls give me your msn then I will reply to you.
I wish good luck to everyone here in the forum.

Nodda

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
rjessome said:
Stealth, I've watched all the boards regarding visa's for Moroccan spouses coming to Canada and the answer to your question varies. It is dependent upon how long it takes to get the security clearance and background check completed by CSIS, Canada's intelligence agency. What I have seen over the past 9 months is visa's received in as little as 2 weeks after the interview and as much as several months. There is still one person I know of who has been waiting for security clearance for more than a year! A couple of things that have an impact on this are:

1. If you have a common name that is on an international watch list, further investigation is required
2. If you have served time in the military, government or worked in law enforcement (police) as there is a higher level of scrutiny.
3. If you have travelled/lived outside of Morocco as clearances from other countries are also required
4. The level of co-operation between the Canadian government and other foreign governments.

I know this doesn't answer your question BUT the average amount of time that I have seen for cases without special issues is 3 to 5 weeks after the interview. Hope that helps you a little.
Thanks rjessome, but I was inquiring about from the time Rabat received their visa application to the time, their application was approved.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh! Sorry! Average processing time are 7 to 9 months. Some get done more quickly, around 5.5 or 6 months. Some take longer, up to a year or more. But most are done in 7 to 9 months. You might want to check out www.trackitt.com. They keep track of timelines.

lovely lady

Nov 28, 2008
stealth said:
Mabrouk Lovely Lady! How long did it take you to get your visa, from the day Rabat received it?
hi all.... i was approved by rabat on sept 17 and i received my visa on july 1( it was a happy canada day for me)so it took 9 months and 4 days....good luck

lovely lady

Nov 28, 2008
Lois Lane said:
congradulations and welcome to canada lovely lady

good to see that things are moving even though some of us are still hanging......by a thread that is lol

each day brings us closer to the end

wishing everyone the best of luck!!!

Mariana
thanks for the welcome Mariana.......hope that i can give the same welcome to your husband soon....inchallaha......