+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Filipina wife living in Hong Kong

WJK64

Aug 18, 2019
Hi there, I am new here and was hoping to find some advice.

I am a Canadian citizen, recently granted my divorce, my fiance is from the Philippines currently living and working in Hong Kong (14 years) she is also in the process of getting her divorce there in Hong Kong (married in the Philippines)

Can she be sponsored directly through Hong Kong or will she need to return home and be sponsored through the Philippines?
If we can do it directly through Hong Kong, is there any paperwork we need from the Philippines?

Thank you for ant assistance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I am a Canadian citizen, recently granted my divorce, my fiance is from the Philippines currently living and working in Hong Kong (14 years) she is also in the process of getting her divorce there in Hong Kong (married in the Philippines)

Can she be sponsored directly through Hong Kong or will she need to return home and be sponsored through the Philippines?
If we can do it directly through Hong Kong, is there any paperwork we need from the Philippines?

She can remain in Hong Kong while the sponsorship app processes. Yes, she will need documents from the Philippines as well. You will need to check the country-specific requirements to see what is needed.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019

Why dont you try to apply TRV? And if she’s denied then you are qualified to apply conjugal(if you’re relationship is 12months or more) cause you have immigration barrier and law barrier. Or else, you have to marry her first in HK then apply spousal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Why dont you try to apply TRV? And if she’s denied then you are qualified to apply conjugal(if you’re relationship is 12months or more) cause you have immigration barrier and law barrier. Or else, you have to marry her first in HK then apply spousal.
They do not qualify for conjugal. There is no immigration or legal barrier preventing them from marrying, as she can get a divorce in Hong Kong.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
This is incorrect.

WJK64

Aug 18, 2019
We are getting married next year, and hoping the immigration process will be done at the same time as her work contract because she wants to complete that.
Besides the Divorce Certificates and the new Marriage Licence any idea what papers we would need from the Philippines? And should the marriage be registered with the Philippines even though they don't recognize it?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We are getting married next year, and hoping the immigration process will be done at the same time as her work contract because she wants to complete that.
Besides the Divorce Certificates and the new Marriage Licence any idea what papers we would need from the Philippines? And should the marriage be registered with the Philippines even though they don't recognize it?

Thanks
As I said, you need to look at the country-specific requirements to see what documents are needed.

I don't believe that the marriage can be registered in the Philippines.