+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Conjugal Partner from the Philippines success chances

M

mikeymyke

Ryzacue said:
What do you mean?
It means what was already told to you. Someone applying for PR through an economic stream can only add a spouse or a common law partner, not a conjugal.

Ryzacue

Feb 26, 2017
mikeymyke said:
It means what was already told to you. Someone applying for PR can only add a spouse or a common law partner, not a conjugal.
Me and my boyfriend was been together for 10 years in philippines, but we dont had a proof that we stayed in one roof because i used to work overseas. Is it possible to apply him as a common law? And if for conjugal partner, how long i have to wait once i have my PR to sponsor him as conjugal partner?

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Ryzacue said:
What do you mean?
It just mean that both are suggesting applying for a TRV(Visitor's visa). The visa officer wants to see that you exhausted all means for you and your partner to be together as a conjugal partnership and not just a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ryzacue said:
Me and my boyfriend was been together for 10 years in philippines, but we dont had a proof that we stayed in one roof because i used to work overseas. Is it possible to apply him as a common law? And if for conjugal partner, how long i have to wait once i have my PR to sponsor him as conjugal partner?
Have you lived together continuously for at least one year and can prove it? If not, you're not common-law.

You don't have to wait to sponsor your partner once you are a PR.

MauszyAnn

Jul 19, 2018
Good afternoon,
What are the chances of success in applying for conjugal partner? In my case, I have a girlfriend in the Philippines, we have known each other for more than 2 years now, and I have visited a few times. She is separated from her husband, and there is no divorce in the Philippines, so getting married is not possible and getting an annullment would cost a lot of money and is a lengthy process. I have been sending support to her for more than a year, and has kept all the reciepts for the remittances. I have consulted this with an immigration consultant in Canada, and has been advised that the chances are very slim. I also checked online and found that I would need to present proofs that we have been in a relationship for a certain period of time. May main concern is if I were to pursue this matter, what are the chances of success? Please advise.
Thanks,
Ric

Good day ! May I ask if your application has been successful ?

Kamiya2014

Sep 8, 2018
First of all your reason(s) why you can't get married or live as common law should be well founded. A failed TRV application is one, health reasons esp if it is an issue for the sponsor is another. Cannot visit because of a job is not a good reason.
Filipinos cannot apply for a divorce is another reason. You should at least try to file an annulment because it shows an effort on your partner's part to be free to marry you in the future. And if the Annulment took a long time to be granted then include all the letters from the Regional Trial Court in your application. Financial interdependence (joint bank accounts, remittances, t credit cards, big purchases), knowledge of family, friends about your relationship, communication, proofs of visits, pictures, etc.

If you got more questions message me because I also applied Conjugal and was successful at appeal.
Hi just want to ask what steps did u do when u applied for conjugal sponsorhip... i need ur help thanks...

leondarny

Jun 8, 2016
Im in a Conjugal Partner Sponsorship from Philippines..
April 2018 applicant, my Gckey updated to BGCIP yesterday and just today got Prearrival Services letter.

Reactions: aziren

Kamiya2014

Sep 8, 2018
Im in a Conjugal Partner Sponsorship from Philippines..
April 2018 applicant, my Gckey updated to BGCIP yesterday and just today got Prearrival Services letter.[/QUOT

I see.. so what documents did they ask you to give? I mean proofs or something?

leondarny

Jun 8, 2016
Hello! As to the proofs, I submitted the following:

Letters from friends/Family
Statutory Declarations(Affidavits)
Sponsor’s insurance(PA is the benficiary)
Pictures together with family/friends
Travel tickets together/boarding passes
Remittances
Joint “OR” Bank deposit certificate
Conversation/Chats(translated to english)
Social media posts
Love letters

leonamay

Nov 29, 2018
Hi. I just want some advice. Im a filipina married to a filipino. His now PR in california but soon become a citizen. he filed a divorce for me and it was granted last august. Now I have a filipino bf for 3 yrs and he's now PR in canada. He is now divorced as well to his wife in the philippines. Now we wanted to get married but divorce is not recognize in the philippines. We are planning to get married in hk. But they said, we still need to register our marriage in phil bec once he applied spousal sponsorship they will ask ROM . So its not possible for us. I tried TRV 2x, but no luck to get a visa. Now he' s planning to apply conjugal sponsorhip for me. So u think we have a chace to grant a visa?we have joint bank account. He visited me 2x. Pictures with our kids,family, relatives and friends. Conversation in messenger. SMS,Remittances. PLSSS. Need some advice.

JK031215

Jan 29, 2019
Hello! As to the proofs, I submitted the following:

Letters from friends/Family
Statutory Declarations(Affidavits)
Sponsor’s insurance(PA is the benficiary)
Pictures together with family/friends
Travel tickets together/boarding passes
Remittances
Joint “OR” Bank deposit certificate
Conversation/Chats(translated to english)
Social media posts
Love letters

What do you mean PA is the beneficiary?

JK031215

Jan 29, 2019
my partner and I (Filipino) have been in a long distance relationship for almost 4yrs now. she is a canadian citizen now, yes this is a same sex relationship. i am currently "married" as a status, but has been separated for 8 yrs now from my husband. she is planning to petition me and my children under conjugal. what are the odds? and one more thing, will the embassy require for me to get an annulment? annulment is very hard to get in the philippines.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
my partner and I (Filipino) have been in a long distance relationship for almost 4yrs now. she is a canadian citizen now, yes this is a same sex relationship. i am currently "married" as a status, but has been separated for 8 yrs now from my husband. she is planning to petition me and my children under conjugal. what are the odds? and one more thing, will the embassy require for me to get an annulment? annulment is very hard to get in the philippines.
You qualify for conjugal if you've applied for a TRV and been denied. If you haven't applied for it yet, you have to do that first. If it's approved, you can go to Canada and become common law. If it's denied, that's you proof of an immigration barrier that you need in order to qualify for conjugal.

JK031215

Jan 29, 2019
You qualify for conjugal if you've applied for a TRV and been denied. If you haven't applied for it yet, you have to do that first. If it's approved, you can go to Canada and become common law. If it's denied, that's you proof of an immigration barrier that you need in order to qualify for conjugal.

if it's approved, i can go to canada and get married there? or you mean, live there for a year so we can do common law?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
if it's approved, i can go to canada and get married there? or you mean, live there for a year so we can do common law?
You can't get married if you're already married, unless you get the annulment. But you can do common law.