+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Conjugal Partner from the Philippines success chances

kuroneko

Feb 20, 2017
Good afternoon,
What are the chances of success in applying for conjugal partner? In my case, I have a girlfriend in the Philippines, we have known each other for more than 2 years now, and I have visited a few times. She is separated from her husband, and there is no divorce in the Philippines, so getting married is not possible and getting an annullment would cost a lot of money and is a lengthy process. I have been sending support to her for more than a year, and has kept all the reciepts for the remittances. I have consulted this with an immigration consultant in Canada, and has been advised that the chances are very slim. I also checked online and found that I would need to present proofs that we have been in a relationship for a certain period of time. May main concern is if I were to pursue this matter, what are the chances of success? Please advise.
Thanks,
Ric

bukayo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 18-11-2016 AOR2 28-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
kuroneko said:
Good afternoon,
What are the chances of success in applying for conjugal partner? In my case, I have a girlfriend in the Philippines, we have known each other for more than 2 years now, and I have visited a few times. She is separated from her husband, and there is no divorce in the Philippines, so getting married is not possible and getting an annullment would cost a lot of money and is a lengthy process. I have been sending support to her for more than a year, and has kept all the reciepts for the remittances. I have consulted this with an immigration consultant in Canada, and has been advised that the chances are very slim. I also checked online and found that I would need to present proofs that we have been in a relationship for a certain period of time. May main concern is if I were to pursue this matter, what are the chances of success? Please advise.
Thanks,
Ric
PM sent

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kuroneko said:
You haven't stated whether she has applied for a TRV. Conjugal requires that the applicant be unable to come to Canada. If she has been refused a TRV, then your chances for conjugal are very good.

kuroneko

Feb 20, 2017
She hasn't applied for a TRV. On the other hand, does she need to have traveled to other countries before applying ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kuroneko said:
She hasn't applied for a TRV. On the other hand, does she need to have traveled to other countries before applying ?
If she hasn't applied for and been refused a TRV, you have no chance at conjugal. You need to show that there is an immigration barrier preventing her from coming to Canada.

Travel to other countries is not a prerequisite for applying for a TRV.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kuroneko said:
Your application will be refused without a TRV attempt. If she can get a TRV, then she can travel to Canada and you can become common law by living here together for a year. You need to prove there are real immigration barriers preventing you from becoming common law or getting married. You can't prove that fully without a refused TRV. On the other hand, if the TRV is approved, then common law is an option for you.

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
kuroneko said:
Good afternoon,
Thanks,
Ric
First of all your reason(s) why you can't get married or live as common law should be well founded. A failed TRV application is one, health reasons esp if it is an issue for the sponsor is another. Cannot visit because of a job is not a good reason.
Filipinos cannot apply for a divorce is another reason. You should at least try to file an annulment because it shows an effort on your partner's part to be free to marry you in the future. And if the Annulment took a long time to be granted then include all the letters from the Regional Trial Court in your application. Financial interdependence (joint bank accounts, remittances, credit cards, big purchases), knowledge of family, friends about your relationship, communication, proofs of visits, pictures, etc.

If you got more questions message me because I also applied Conjugal and was successful at appeal.

Ryzacue

Feb 26, 2017
Hi!!

Can i ask how many months you process for a conjugal partner? Im thinking me and my boyfriend to apply it for him. He was married and annulment is expensive in the philippines thats why he cant file for it because of luck of money. We have a small property of land together. Is that possible to be a proof? Im currently under working visa, thinking to apply my PR soon, and planning to add him as a conjugal partner. Is there any visa immigrant you can recommend? Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ryzacue said:
Can i ask how many months you process for a conjugal partner? Im thinking me and my boyfriend to apply it for him. He was married and annulment is expensive in the philippines thats why he cant file for it because of luck of money. We have a small property of land together. Is that possible to be a proof? Im currently under working visa, thinking to apply my PR soon, and planning to add him as a conjugal partner. Is there any visa immigrant you can recommend? Thanks!
You can't add a conjugal partner to an economic app. You would need to become a PR and then sponsor your partner.

Ryzacue

Feb 26, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
You can't add a conjugal partner to an economic app. You would need to become a PR and then sponsor your partner.

You mean i have to apply first my pr before i add him to as a conjugal partner right? Even if we have joint bank account and property?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ryzacue said:
You mean i have to apply first my pr before i add him to as a conjugal partner right? Even if we have joint bank account and property?
Again, you can't add a conjugal partner to an economic app. Conjugal exists as a special class in spousal sponsorship for Canadian citizens/PRs to bring their partners to Canada.

You need to first become a PR, then apply to sponsor your partner.

Ryzacue

Feb 26, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Again, you can't add a conjugal partner to an economic app. Conjugal exists as a special class in spousal sponsorship for Canadian citizens/PRs to bring their partners to Canada.

You need to first become a PR, then apply to sponsor your partner.
Are you sure with that? I have a friend, she applied for common law together when she applied for PR. Coz they said, that you cant apply for a sponsorship when you didnt include your common law or conjugal partner in you PR application. thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ryzacue said:
Are you sure with that? I have a friend, she applied for common law together when she applied for PR. Coz they said, that you cant apply for a sponsorship when you didnt include your common law or conjugal partner in you PR application. thanks!
Common-law, yes. Conjugal, NO.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010