+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Child born outside Canada

gulerias

Nov 29, 2011
I am canadian citizen and my wife and my newly born in India are still in India. I have to sponsor them both. My question is
Does my son automatically becomes a Canadian Citizenship?
if not, what is the process and if somebody can send me the relevant link.

Thanks

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
HI, I'm going the same thing now. Your child is already a Citizen, you just need to apply for proof of citizenship.
At the same time, you can also start the process of sponsoring your spouse. :) Good Luck

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
gulerias said:
I am canadian citizen and my wife and my newly born in India are still in India. I have to sponsor them both. My question is

Thanks
You have to sponsor your spouse for PR and your son is a Canadian Citizen.You can apply for your sons passport with the Canadian Embassy,New Delhi...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gulerias said:

Thanks
if you were a Canadian citizen at the time of the child's birth, then the child is a citizen by descent (unless you received your citizenship through descent) You have to apply for proof of citizenship for the child. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp

gulerias

Nov 29, 2011
THanks a lot guys

one more quick question

Will i have to get his Indian passport or I can apply for Canadian Passport and what process is that?

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
your child already citizen. you can apply for his indian passport and canadian passport as well.. there is no issue.. you just apply for proof of citizenship through canadian embassy new dehli and they will deliver your citizenship certificate with in 8 months. after that you can easily apply for passport. passport processing time 4 weeks.. in mean time if your wife PR case finalized u can apply for emergency canadian passport for your child.. (you just need to provide them ticket copy)

if there will be any problem in emergency passport. the embassy will stamp facilitation visa on your child Indian passport.
i got my child passport after 11 months.

regards