+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
I think the doctor meant when they actually do the medical check, which is usually the last thing after background checks and stuff.. so that makes sense caz Egypt takes about 3-6 months to process..

(One Egyptian got approved after 3 months and 10 days so thats why i put the starting date from "3")

Take care guys and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah i did on Thursday.. hopefully the next e-mail i get says "YOU'VE BEEN APPROVED"!! LOL

Yah rab inshallah we ALL get approved!

GOOOOOOOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2008
hello....

im new to this forum too.....i have been trying to sponsor my spouse(husband) from egypt as everyone here...now we started our application on april 15th and i got a letter on may 22 stating that i was refused sponsorship for him under stupid things......but we checked that box to send forward the application anyway......now we are trying to get someone at the embassy in egypt to tell us if it was sent as a skilled worker under the family class or under the fed. class.......we have also called in a lawyer just to be safe....my question is has anyone heard or have this same problem....i have tried to read all these entries but its making my head hurt......i just want to know what you have done.......what steps have you taken.......thanks

egyptian princess..

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hi egyptianprincess, welcome!

sorry to hear that.. can you tell me what were the stupid things u got refused on so i can try to help yeah?

Good luck

Jul 29, 2008
Hey Egypt007....

i was refused because they said i was in reciept of social services for other then disability.....and even proved them with a note from social services to state that i was on if for medical reasons......but they still refused me.....so i really dont know what to say.....

egyptianprincess

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
I think you should call immigration Canada and explain to them you have made a mistake... and tell them i have proof that the social assistance you took were for medical reasons.

They sent my application to the wrong country but i had to call alot until they sent it to the right place..

If your not able to get anywhere with them, i would suggest that you call ur local MP and tell them about that situation and they should help u out..

You also have an option of getting immigration lawyer... but i would leave that as ur last resort..

Good luck and take care!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
requested more documents july 8th to proof intention to move back to canada...

sumbited documetns... july 28th,

was asked for a passport 13th of august...

:)

I will let you know soon when he gets the visa..

I am sorry i have been very busy with my baby so I couldn't be of any help anymore...

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hi guys

any news??????????

fairouz did the embassy called u or ur husband to request the passport or they just sent u a mail?