05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hello Naya77,
Bring your passport to the Canadian Embassy in Cairo. There they will give you a piece of paper that you need to fill out in English and in Arabic. You pay a little fee and the girl will tell you to come back in one or two days to pick it up. This is an affidavit giving you permission to marry. Then you go to the Ministry of Justice in Lazoughli Square in Cairo to sign the papers. It takes a week to get the marriage contract. You can translate it with the other papers needing translation at HAPPY INTERNATIONAL.
Good luck and all the best.

Naya77

Nov 25, 2009
Thank you Ambihi:) Basically what I want to know is: Can I get is Raqm Qawmi changed to show he is married to me without having the marriage certificate with me? If we are waiting for the marriage contract, I heard that they can give us a statement in the meantime as proof of marriage. Is this "statement" something we can use to start working on other things that he needs such as Raqm Qawmi and Kashf el Ahl?

hmhamam

Dec 5, 2009
Sponsorship approved September 8 2009
File sent to Cairo September 8 2009
Got CSQ (certificat de selection du quebec) September 22 2009
Canadian Embassy in Cairo received and started processing the file on October 25 2009
My wife received acknowledgment letter days ago
Do you think it will take time?!!

hmhamam

Dec 5, 2009
Al7amdoulelah, finally this week (Monday) embassy in Cairo called my wife asked her for passport. She dropped it Tuesday and they got it back with the visa on it this Morning Thursday.
The whole process started August 5th, 2009 (received application)
Visa on passport December 24th, 2009
so the whole thing 4 month and 19 days!!
Thanks to my lawyer who is Egyptian lawyer practicing in Canada too
Mehrez-Mehrez-advocates

GM

Dec 7, 2009
Hello everyone!

I went a bit through your posts and I noticed you are talking abt rakam kawmi, is this the beta2a itself?
I mean what is it required exactly with it?

TRINA

Jan 2, 2010
Hello everyone I need some help?? I just sent my papers a week ago and I just noticed that I made a mistake on the year on one of my forms!! I put 2008 instead of 2009. Totally I typo!! SHould I resubmit the form?? Or do I call ?? what should I do??

hmhamam

Dec 5, 2009
GM said:
Hello everyone!

I went a bit through your posts and I noticed you are talking abt rakam kawmi, is this the beta2a itself?
I mean what is it required exactly with it?
I am sponsoring my wife. I did not send bet2a itself or rakam kawmi but what I sent is a photocopy of her passport as an ID
I heard a lot about the kaid 3a2li here and there but they never asked us about it. I do not when exactly they ask for it.
The process went well and they did not ask for other documents. My wife got the visa and she is landing soon inshallah.

Thanks to my attorney Mehrez&Mehrez

hmhamam

Dec 5, 2009
TRINA said:
Hello everyone I need some help?? I just sent my papers a week ago and I just noticed that I made a mistake on the year on one of my forms!! I put 2008 instead of 2009. Totally I typo!! SHould I resubmit the form?? Or do I call ?? what should I do??
I do not see a problem, if you mean that you made a mistake on the date of the signature on one of the applications and the rest are correct, I think the immigration officer will understand and will get it right. wallaho 23lam.
Good luck

x-zenon

Jan 2, 2010
for all egyptions ... my dad sure joined the army !! "el-geish "

hi my dad joined the army for one year ! it was mandatory when he was 21 years old maybe ... he is 51 now maybe more ! ...

do i have any proofs or papers about that ?? just my father ... plz respond ! waiting your answersss ! i hope !

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
Hi everyone, Ive spent a few hours reading most of the posts in this thread and I would like to congratulate all of u on ure marriages and wonderful results with you visa procedures.
Im travelling to egypt in Feb to marry my fiancee and I would like if you could provide me with all the steps involved with the marriage.
Im am divorced and I know this makes things a little bit more complicated. My fiancee has consulted a lawyer and I was told to have my divorce certificate authenticated here at the ministry of foreign affairs as well as to have it translated and authenticated at the egyptian embassy in ottawa...Im wondering if anyone was married without all of this being done ? Time is running short and I just want to see things from all possibilities.
We were told that we shouldnt have a problem getting my fiancee the visa, I have a good job here, hes educated and has a great job in Egypt, we have been emailing each other several times a day for almost a year and a half, on top of calls and msn...Our only downfall maybe his family is not really approving cause Im not egyptian.
Any info would be so greatly appreciated,
TY
T

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Congrats Tan...

if you read this thread in its entirety, it talks a great deal about marraige to an Egyptian, as a Canadian, and what to do ... best of luck to you.

TanMos said:
Hi everyone, Ive spent a few hours reading most of the posts in this thread and I would like to congratulate all of u on ure marriages and wonderful results with you visa procedures.
Im travelling to egypt in Feb to marry my fiancee and I would like if you could provide me with all the steps involved with the marriage.
Im am divorced and I know this makes things a little bit more complicated. My fiancee has consulted a lawyer and I was told to have my divorce certificate authenticated here at the ministry of foreign affairs as well as to have it translated and authenticated at the egyptian embassy in ottawa...Im wondering if anyone was married without all of this being done ? Time is running short and I just want to see things from all possibilities.
We were told that we shouldnt have a problem getting my fiancee the visa, I have a good job here, hes educated and has a great job in Egypt, we have been emailing each other several times a day for almost a year and a half, on top of calls and msn...Our only downfall maybe his family is not really approving cause Im not egyptian.
Any info would be so greatly appreciated,
TY
T

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
Tks Rasha, I appreciate your response.

I guess to pin point my question: Is the marriage process the same is you were previously divorced ? What documents will I need ? Has anyone whio is divorced here gone through this process and did you have any difficulties ? What docs did you use ?

Thank you

T

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Yes Tan Mos, it is the same. I would bring a copy of your divorce decree with you - but that is more a formality for the Embassy to give an affidavit to say you can marry.

best of luck,

s'lam
Rasha

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
thank you

my fiancee has a lawyer in egypt who has advised us to take extra steps just in case for some reason they choose not to give us the affidavit..

im instructed to:

to get my certified divorce certificate authenticated at the ministry of foreign affairs in ottawa ( u can mail it or go there)

then have it translated from english to arabic by a recognized translation company

finally, to have it authenticated by the egyptian embassy or consulate

Apparently with this all done, we could marry no matter what.

Its going to take a bit of time and money but I would rather have this all done as a back up then to get to egypt and not be able to marry.

Just thought I would share with anyone who maybe searching as I was