+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Please can you all who have successfully went through this process (I am canadian living in egypt for almost 3 years wanting to sponsor my husband egyptain to Canada) detailed process. I will explain my situation, please give me all advice.

I have been living here in egypt almost 3 years (got married the third day I arrived in Egypt) I have not been back to canada since then. I have a daughter with my current (and only) husband who is now almost 2 years old. I have been working as HR in Egypt since June 2011 (about 6 months now). However, I do not put my salary in any account, as (please correct me if I am wrong) its a headacheto open and you also need like 5000 min every month inside and my salary is only 2000 and I am lucky if I have one cent left at the end of the month.

so what is my chances of successfully sponsoring my husband (without leaving him)?
And what exactly do I need?

Thank you!!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omo_lylah said:
Please can you all who have successfully went through this process (I am canadian living in egypt for almost 3 years wanting to sponsor my husband egyptain to Canada) detailed process. I will explain my situation, please give me all advice.

I have been living here in egypt almost 3 years (got married the third day I arrived in Egypt) I have not been back to canada since then. I have a daughter with my current (and only) husband who is now almost 2 years old. I have been working as HR in Egypt since June 2011 (about 6 months now). However, I do not put my salary in any account, as (please correct me if I am wrong) its a headacheto open and you also need like 5000 min every month inside and my salary is only 2000 and I am lucky if I have one cent left at the end of the month.

so what is my chances of successfully sponsoring my husband (without leaving him)?

Thank you!!!
As long as your relationship is genuine, your husband is not inadmissible to Canada, you don't have a convictions of violent crimes in your past and you fill out the applications and pay the fees, your chances are excellent. There is no minimum income requirement to be eligible to sponsor a spouse and citizens are allowed to sponsor their spouses while living abroad. If you haven't done so already, you should apply for your child's Canadian citizenship.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you do not live in Cairo or live in Cairo and wish to get things done without going back and forth between departments ...
Here is how I think we can optimize the process (these tips are gathered from different threads and different contributors so let us update it):

1) Change the marital status in your ID from single to married (if possible) however you can do the change on your passport directly

2) Get Family Composition Certficate al kaid al 3a'ely or kashf el ahl (family transcript) from al segel al madany. Your family means the sponsored, the sponsor and your children not your parents ok. Notice they should give you kaid al 3a'ely with Quasima

3) Take your arabic birth certificate to the minister of the health, they will give you an English birth certificate

4,5,6) For the "Kaed A'ely", Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate get them all translated from the Ministry of
Justice Let the police certifiate be your last paper as it expires (you can do it all in one shot!)

(in case you need other dosuments translated you can translate it at a translation office called (Happy International Business center
a Khairt street
medan lazoughly
795 9902
795 9947
(please update numbers) they are approved by cic, ...)
I think Happy International has notarization powers I gathered these info from other posts please feel free to let me as well as others if anything here is wrong

7) Authenticate all from the ministry of foreign affairs.
Remember anything in arabic has to be taken for authentication before translation because you get translation of the stamps as well...

Here is why you do not need your Egyptian I.D.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.0.html;msg195513#msg195513

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.0.html;msg1207743#msg1207743

Important links and good readings
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.510.html
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.0.html;msg115674#msg115674

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.0.html;msg219404#msg219404

Skype history:

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skype-chat-history-as-proof-t71339.0.html

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am writting an update on the medical examination for the sponsored (due to the ignorance of some DMP offices);
1) Know and contact DMP offices ask them what is required other than appendix C of 3912e. This is an upfrond medical exam for a family sponsored person (It is used when an applicant presents a completed Appendix C – Medical Instructions.) If they tell you we do not do medical without the embassy forms sent to you (report them to the Canadian embassy immediately, as they refused to conduct a medical exam on family sponsored immigrant)Find a DMP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
2) Fill Appendix C in 3912e (regional form)
3) In your exam appointment. Two original copies of form IMM 1017 (IMM 1017 EFC
+ Appendix C). DMPs must never give a copy of the immigration medical examination documents to applicants or their representatives. The only document that is returned to the applicant is the second copy of the Medical Report: Section A (IMM 1017 EFC).

The doctor will sign the form and mail the first copy to the Canadian Regional Medical Office (RMO) with the results of the examination. You will be given the second copy as proof you underwent the medical examination. You must include this copy with your immigrant application when you send it to your sponsor. Photocopies will not be accepted. If you lose it, you will not be able to obtain a duplicate;you will have to redo the medical examination and pay any associated fees again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp#appC
DMPs must forward all immigration medical reports to the regional medical office in their area by mail. Do not send immigration medical reports to the visa office processing the applicant's file. This will only increase the processing time.

Medical records must be sent within five days of the receipt of all required information. In urgent situations, DMPs may request that medical records be expedited. DMPs may forward these records by commercial courier, at the applicant's expense.

Applicants are responsible for all shipping costs.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/dmp/exam.asp#upfront

It is your right to know your mail track number. You paid for the mail did not you!

When you and your family members go for your medical examination, make sure you have this sheet completed for each person, along with the following items:
•passports for yourself and your family members, plus a photocopy of the bio-data page of each passport. If a passport is not available, provide an official identity document bearing the photo and date of birth of the family member;
•eye glasses or contact lenses, if you or your family members wear them;
•previous medical report(s), if any. You must tell the examining doctor about all past and present medical problems and conditions, and provide the doctor with any available documentation such as physician's reports, treatment or prescriptions; and
•five recent pictures taken within six months preceding the date of the examination and, where applicable, a negative for yourself and your family members (see section on photos in the instructions on how to complete the Application for permanent residence).
The medical examination includes:
•complete physical examination for all family members;
•chest X-ray and a radiologist's report for everyone aged 11 years and over;
•blood test for everyone aged 15 years or over;
•urinalysis for everyone aged 5 years or over;
•HIV testing for everyone aged 15 years or over, as well as for children who have received blood or blood products, or have a known HIV mother.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp#appC

shymaa

Dec 29, 2012
omo_lylah said:

so what is my chances of successfully sponsoring my husband (without leaving him)

Thank you!!!

I am a wife of permanent resident of Canada, we apply in end of March and application received by cpc in April 4th .could any one tell me how long does it take to finalize my application in Cairo office
Last update was that we got an email from cairo office in october 15,2012 said that my application is in process
since that I do not receive any update

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shymaa said:
I am a wife of permanent resident of Canada, we apply in end of March and application received by cpc in April 4th .could any one tell me how long does it take to finalize my application in Cairo office
Last update was that we got an email from cairo office in october 15,2012 said that my application is in process
since that I do not receive any update
???End of march and it is in Cairo Oct.15, 2012 that is better than mine.

Istie

Feb 25, 2013
Hi everyone,
I joined this Forum to look for some help and i have a lot of questions so please i need your help for those who have done this.

my situation is I am going to marry in Sharma al sheilkh egypt and i have no clue how to start things after we get marry after we get the marriage certificate which I heard it is going to take 7 days what else do i need to bring with me here in canada to start the process of sponsoring him other than the marriage certificate?
if i need any other documents what are they? and how long do i need to get them? coz i have only 3 weeks to do everything and back to Canada
please guys help me it is my first time and everything i read in this Forum seems so confusing to me can everything be done in Sharma al sh. or we need to do it in Cairo. or do i need to submit anything in the Canadian embassy in Cairo before i come back to Canada. how long does this process take? what are the documents that need to be translated i don't understand and how long will that be to get it done?

please helpppppppppppppppp me
Thanks

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am writting an update on the medical examination for the sponsored (due to the ignorance of some DMP offices);
1) Know and contact DMP offices ask them what is required other than appendix C of 3912e. This is an upfrond medical exam for a family sponsored person (It is used when an applicant presents a completed Appendix C – Medical Instructions.) If they tell you we do not do medical without the embassy forms sent to you (report them to the Canadian embassy immediately, as they refused to conduct a medical exam on family sponsored immigrant)Find a DMP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
2) Fill Appendix C in 3912e (regional form)
3) In your exam appointment. Two original copies of form IMM 1017 (IMM 1017 EFC
+ Appendix C). DMPs must never give a copy of the immigration medical examination documents to applicants or their representatives. The only document that is returned to the applicant is the second copy of the Medical Report: Section A (IMM 1017 EFC).

The doctor will sign the form and mail the first copy to the Canadian Regional Medical Office (RMO) with the results of the examination. You will be given the second copy as proof you underwent the medical examination. You must include this copy with your immigrant application when you send it to your sponsor. Photocopies will not be accepted. If you lose it, you will not be able to obtain a duplicate;you will have to redo the medical examination and pay any associated fees again.

DMPs must forward all immigration medical reports to the regional medical office in their area by mail. Do not send immigration medical reports to the visa office processing the applicant's file. This will only increase the processing time.

Medical records must be sent within five days of the receipt of all required information. In urgent situations, DMPs may request that medical records be expedited. DMPs may forward these records by commercial courier, at the applicant's expense.

Applicants are responsible for all shipping costs.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/dmp/exam.asp#upfront

It is your right to know your mail track number. You paid for the mail did not you!

When you and your family members go for your medical examination, make sure you have this sheet completed for each person, along with the following items:
•passports for yourself and your family members, plus a photocopy of the bio-data page of each passport. If a passport is not available, provide an official identity document bearing the photo and date of birth of the family member;
•eye glasses or contact lenses, if you or your family members wear them;
•previous medical report(s), if any. You must tell the examining doctor about all past and present medical problems and conditions, and provide the doctor with any available documentation such as physician's reports, treatment or prescriptions; and
•five recent pictures taken within six months preceding the date of the examination and, where applicable, a negative for yourself and your family members (see section on photos in the instructions on how to complete the Application for permanent residence).
The medical examination includes:
•complete physical examination for all family members;
•chest X-ray and a radiologist's report for everyone aged 11 years and over;
•blood test for everyone aged 15 years or over;
•urinalysis for everyone aged 5 years or over;
•HIV testing for everyone aged 15 years or over, as well as for children who have received blood or blood products, or have a known HIV mother.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Hey Everyone!

I am extremely happy to have finally sent in my sponsorship applications!
I am a Canadian citizen (by birth) and my husband is in Egypt and I am sponsoring him

I am very worried though, because it has been at least 3 weeks and I have not received a response yet!
I don't know when to expect it, or even how...(by email or mail)

And how long will the process take?
It says 15 months approx. but I am really hoping it wont take that long....

Thanks!

Kuudir2

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kuudir2 said:
Hey Everyone!

I am extremely happy to have finally sent in my sponsorship applications!
I am a Canadian citizen (by birth) and my husband is in Egypt and I am sponsoring him

I am very worried though, because it has been at least 3 weeks and I have not received a response yet!
I don't know when to expect it, or even how...(by email or mail)

And how long will the process take?
It says 15 months approx. but I am really hoping it wont take that long....

Thanks!

Kuudir2
15month after approval letter

soulful_wala

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2013/02/05
File Transfer...
2013/05/28
Med's Done....
2013/01/20
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2014/03/24
VISA ISSUED...
2014/03/31
LANDED..........
-
Hi Kuudir2, I submitted my application around the same time as you. Feb 05, 2013. How far are you in the process?

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
anybody from Egypt , can we meet here again !!!