+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Spouse: Confusing Q. (military service, children, family ties)

hani786

Apr 21, 2017
I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Pakistan. ( I live in Canada)
There are few things that I'm confused about.

The first Q. is that my husband did not ever join military service, so does he need to fill out the IMM5546 (info on military service)?
Online, it says that if a question does not apply to you, write N/A, which at least shows that you have read the question.
So, he can write his name on the form IMM5546 and just write N/A for the rest of the form.
However, on the checklist, under documents required by the applicant, it asks if the applicant has worked in a military (yes or no option). Following that, if the answer was yes, please fill in the country requirement document, that is, IMM5546. But since the answer is no, does not that mean that there is no need to fill out IMM5546?
So do I need to fill out IMM5546 or leave it out.

2nd Q. On IMM5532, page 6, it asks if the following list of people have attended your ceremony. One of those people are Applicant's child(ren) and sponsor's child(ren).
Neither one of us have any children.
The answer is either a Yes or No.
So it is like this:
Did any of the following people go to any of the events above? principal applicant's child(ren) if applicable? (YES/NO)
Sponsor's child(ren) if applicable? (YES/NO)
should I leave this part unmarked and later with pen mark beside it N/A?
If I mark both of them as NO, the following question asks if not to any of the above, explain. Should I explain then that neither one of us has any children.
So, should I leave it unmarked, or answer No followed by the explanation.

3rd Q. Again, on IMM 5532, page 3, it asks the applicant if the sponsor is related to you in any way?
It gives an example such as a sponsor's relative is related to a relative of the applicant, which is a simple, uncomplicated relation, hence, they are related.
However, my husband and I have complicated relation, that is, my relative's mother in law's 2nd cousin's nephew. Does that mean we are related? if yes, do I have to list all the people involved to make that relation (that is, my relative and her mother in law, and then that mother in law's 2nd cousin)

Lastly, please advice on how to sort out the documents, that is, Checklist>Barcode Pages>rest of the application, or Barcode pages>checklist>rest of the application.

Any sort of help will be appreciated, thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hani786 said:
1. So do I need to fill out IMM5546 or leave it out.

2. So, should I leave it unmarked, or answer No followed by the explanation.

3. However, my husband and I have complicated relation, that is, my relative's mother in law's 2nd cousin's nephew. Does that mean we are related?

Lastly, please advice on how to sort out the documents, that is, Checklist>Barcode Pages>rest of the application, or Barcode pages>checklist>rest of the application.
1. Leave it out.

2. Leave it unmarked.

3. No, you are not related.

Barcodes on top.

nursegabo

Nov 5, 2013
This is also our problem for the question 1. Our app got returned because of this country specific requirement. Now i have not serve in any military whatsover and now we dont know if to send a form and just put my name and put N/A or just leave it out.

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
nursegabo said:
This is also our problem for the question 1. Our app got returned because of this country specific requirement. Now i have not serve in any military whatsover and now we dont know if to send a form and just put my name and put N/A or just leave it out.
Military service information was not originally a requirement for me as I did not have a country specific checklist. I was, however, in the military as stated on my background declaration. They sent a request for IMM5546 via Mycic account. It specifically stated "Military Records (IMM 5546E): Please provide A certified copy of Military records. If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority." If you are from a country which may usually require military service, they may want proof of exemption.