+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my brother

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I am sure! The sponsorship application though, not Pr application, do you understand?

No family in Canada but my parents are alive and well. What do you think?
If your parents are alive you don’t qualify to sponsor your brother. What program are you trying to sponsor him through?

Reactions: jddd

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes I am sure! The sponsorship application though, not Pr application, do you understand?

No family in Canada but my parents are alive and well. What do you think?
That the PR application will eventually be refused when they review the applicant's family information form. As a sponsor, you're not required to provide a family information form, so there isn't information up front to find you ineligible. It will be found and rejected - a good waste of money.

Doyenrey

Apr 19, 2019
That the PR application will eventually be refused when they review the applicant's family information form. As a sponsor, you're not required to provide a family information form, so there isn't information up front to find you ineligible. It will be found and rejected - a good waste of money.
Sponsor a relative- Other relative. How come the sponsorship application was approved then, and the Pr application already forwarded to the VO abroad?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sponsor a relative- Other relative. How come the sponsorship application was approved then, and the Pr application already forwarded to the VO abroad?
If you think your application is going to miraculously “squeak “ thru the approval process and your brother is going to get approved , you’ll be disappointed
Suggest your sibling look thru the other processes available to immigrate , and if he qualifies, go that route

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As others have pointed out you don’t qualify to sponsor your brother so the application will be refused eventually.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sponsor review only looks specific criteria: not on welfare, over 18, Canadian citizen/PR, not in default of a previous undertaking etc. It does not review whether the relationship qualifies for sponsorship. That is reviewed later.

You will be refused. You should try to withdraw now to get a refund.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Sponsor review only looks specific criteria: not on welfare, over 18, Canadian citizen/PR, not in default of a previous undertaking etc. It does not review whether the relationship qualifies for sponsorship. That is reviewed later.

You will be refused. You should try to withdraw now to get a refund.
Technically, the sponsor is approved since OP passed the sponsor's qualification since his application has been accepted. It's the applicant's PR application that will get refused when they will see that the parents are still alive. Besides I would think the parents death certificates would be required to prove that PGP is not a possible route in order to qualify for "alone in Canada" clause.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Okay thank you
Your application will be refused since in order to qualify for "alone in Canada" to sponsor your brother, copies of your parents' death certificates would be required to prove they are, in fact, deceased, which you don't have.