Sponsor my brother

Okpalugo2017

Jul 2, 2017
Victoria, BC, Canada
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017
I was sponsored by my wife 2yrs ago become a PR. Now I’m thinking of sponsoring one of my siblings: my older brother who is 30+ to come to Canada. My dad recently passed away but my mom is still alive. I have relatives like uncle and cousin who canadian citizen but I’m not close to them. I’m the only one from my immediate family that is here aside from my wife and son and I wish I had at least one of my siblings living here. I’m just wondering what options do I have base on my situation to be able to sponsor my brother

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
You cannot sponsor your brother. Would suggest you google economic programs or the student permit way for him to qualify on his own.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I was sponsored by my wife 2yrs ago become a PR. Now I’m thinking of sponsoring one of my siblings: my older brother who is 30+ to come to Canada. My dad recently passed away but my mom is still alive. I have relatives like uncle and cousin who canadian citizen but I’m not close to them. I’m the only one from my immediate family that is here aside from my wife and son and I wish I had at least one of my siblings living here. I’m just wondering what options do I have base on my situation to be able to sponsor my brother
As mentioned above, you are no longer alone in Canada (you have wife and kid) thus not qualified to "sponsor under lone Canadian clause". Also your mother is alive, so parents take precedent over siblings. Since your bother is over 22, he is no longer a dependent so he would have to apply for PR through express visa under his own merits.

FedUpOfCiC

Jan 16, 2019
As mentioned above, you are no longer alone in Canada (you have wife and kid) thus not qualified to "sponsor under lone Canadian clause". Also your mother is alive, so parents take precedent over siblings. Since your bother is over 22, he is no longer a dependent so he would have to apply for PR through express visa under his own merits.
Unfortunately, I applied to sponsor my brother and got rejected.
Then I decided to apply for super-visa for my parents. While the application is still under review for my parents, my brother got accepted in one of the colleges for a post graduate program. Now he has applied for a study permit. I paid his tuition for the full program (2 semesters), and he is currently employed back home. He completed his degree in 2017 but he has been working after his graduation.
Family ties has been shown as my parents still live back home.

I know it is a complicated entangled situation.

Does the previous decision affect his study permit application? Has anyone else been to this situation? Please respond...

Reactions: Jamesl112

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Then I decided to apply for super-visa for my parents. While the application is still under review for my parents, my brother got accepted in one of the colleges for a post graduate program. Now he has applied for a study permit. I paid his tuition for the full program (2 semesters), and he is currently employed back home. He completed his degree in 2017 but he has been working after his graduation.

Does the previous decision affect his study permit application? Has anyone else been to this situation? Please respond...
Yes, it will likely affect the study permit decision. The PR app showed that he has intentions to stay here permanently and therefore is not a genuine student who intends to leave Canada.

Doyenrey

Apr 19, 2019

Hi, sorry to hear about the refusal! Please how long did it take before you got the refusal and what were their reasons?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah I know that. I Just need to know how the whole process went down. A reply would be appreciated
The app was refused because he didn't qualify to sponsor his brother. What more are you needing to know beyond that?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
how long it took before it got refused
I assume you did the same and now wondering when your application will get returned for rejection. Otherwise why ask how long the rejection took.

Doyenrey

Apr 19, 2019
I assume you did the same and now wondering when your application will get returned for rejection. Otherwise why ask how long the rejection took.
Yes I did!! The sponsorship application recently got approved and the Pr application has been forwarded to the res

Doyenrey

Apr 19, 2019
Are you sure it’s been approved? Are your parents dead and do you not have any family or spouse in Canada?
Yes I am sure! The sponsorship application though, not Pr application, do you understand?

No family in Canada but my parents are alive and well. What do you think?