+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my boyfriend.

MJ45K

Feb 2, 2017
i been in Canada for 2 months. i came with my mother as a dependent where we were sponsored by my brother. we have a permanent residency and i was wondering when i should go back to Ethiopia and marry my boyfriend? what are the things that are recommended from me to do before going back? do i need to have a stable job in Canada before going back? do i need to have a certain amount of money saved or should be making per annum?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Did you live with your boyfriend for 12 months or more before you came to Canada?

If not, you should continue your long-distance relationship with him and keep all proof of communication. You can marry him whenever you want, as you are now a PR. Whatever would be the traditional type of marriage ceremony in his and your culture would be the best choice.
You don't need a job to sponsor him or any amount of money, but if you do not have a job it is a good idea to include a letter in the application explaining how you two will support yourselves once he gets to Canada. If the visa officer believes that you two will not be able to support yourselves, and will have to go on welfare, he or she will reject the PR application.

MJ45K

Feb 2, 2017
No we were not living together. we will gather everything that can be deemed as proof. :D

Thank you for your response. :D