+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor income

Olam.ja

Aug 24, 2019
Syria
Hi Everyone

I was wondering about (money) …

Just asking if my wife after this Corona-virus problems will not get a good job or she will not get a job … and her bank account is little balance …

She want to sponsor me but as I said her bank account is with little balance but I afraid they will refuse the sponsor application ….

My question here is:

If I send here money to her bank account to be around (basic annual income required) is that will be good or bad idea, I mean will the government consider it as her income??

Reactions: Jamal.malah

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Although technically no set income is required to sponsor your spouse or partner, it is very important to be mindful of other financial roadblocks which can impact the outcome of your application.

Reactions: Olam.ja

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Your application will NOT be rejected just based on the fact your wife doesn't have a job or savings! There is no income requirement. She does have to prove her intent to support you, so this can be with a letter explaining her situation and how she intends to support you and a few documents.

Personally, I would think that's fine to transfer money. In fact, showing financial interactions between the two of you is a good thing as it can add to the fact that you are in a genuine relationship. It doesn't look weird at all that a husband and wife transfer money to each other but there's no need to transfer an annual salary's worth!!! Transferring a few thousand looks ok but 20,40,60 thousand dollars at once will look a bit strange. Better yet, have her add your name to one of her bank accounts to prove shared financial accounts and proof that you are both living at the same address and transfer some money into that account. That is what me and my husband did and we included a bank statement showing our joint account and X amount of money in it.

These would be my suggestions (just suggestions as there is no income requirement for sponsors and no objective supporting documents required):

I myself am sponsoring my husband and I do not currently have a job and we are living at my parents house. These are the things we sent in as supporting documents to show I can support the applicant:
- Letter written by me (the sponsor) explaining my job/financial situation and details on how I intend to support my husband i.e. family support, savings, job searches, buying health coverage for him etc.
- Bank statement showing joint account and $ in it
- Resume showing my skills and how employable I am
- Print out of 3 jobs from a job search that I can apply for showing that jobs are out there in my field
- Letter written by my parents saying that they are willing and able to provide support in the form of accommodation, food, utilities, etc.

The important piece for you will be the letter written by your wife explaining her situation (covid issue) and how she intends to support you (plans for future jobs/financial stability/income details from previous job). Another important piece that you see used a lot on this forum by people in similar situations is the letter from a family member who can help financially or through accommodation.

Don't forget that the statement by IRCC isn't just about finances, it states support in terms of health care, basic living needs, accommodation. So if your wife owns her home, has furniture bought for you guys, a vehicle, has purchased health coverage for you, etc. put those things down in that letter as well. I included one paragraph detailing these "other" forms of support that I can provide my husband.

Once again, I will say, that these are only suggestions as it is not required. But at the very least a letter from her explaining her situation and how she intends to support you is a must.

Reactions: Olam.ja

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your application will NOT be rejected just based on the fact your wife doesn't have a job or savings! There is no income requirement. She does have to prove her intent to support you, so this can be with a letter explaining her situation and how she intends to support you and a few documents.

Personally, I would think that's fine to transfer money. In fact, showing financial interactions between the two of you is a good thing as it can add to the fact that you are in a genuine relationship. It doesn't look weird at all that a husband and wife transfer money to each other but there's no need to transfer an annual salary's worth!!! Transferring a few thousand looks ok but 20,40,60 thousand dollars at once will look a bit strange. Better yet, have her add your name to one of her bank accounts to prove shared financial accounts and proof that you are both living at the same address and transfer some money into that account. That is what me and my husband did and we included a bank statement showing our joint account and X amount of money in it.

These would be my suggestions (just suggestions as there is no income requirement for sponsors and no objective supporting documents required):

I myself am sponsoring my husband and I do not currently have a job and we are living at my parents house. These are the things we sent in as supporting documents to show I can support the applicant:
- Letter written by me (the sponsor) explaining my job/financial situation and details on how I intend to support my husband i.e. family support, savings, job searches, buying health coverage for him etc.
- Print out of 3 jobs from a job search that I can apply for showing that jobs are out there in my field
- Letter written by my parents saying that they are willing and able to provide support in the form of accommodation, food, utilities, etc.

The important piece for you will be the letter written by your wife explaining her situation (covid issue) and how she intends to support you (plans for future jobs/financial stability/income details from previous job). Another important piece that you see used a lot on this forum by people in similar situations is the letter from a family member who can help financially or through accommodation.

Don't forget that the statement by IRCC isn't just about finances, it states support in terms of health care, basic living needs, accommodation. So if your wife owns her home, has furniture bought for you guys, a vehicle, has purchased health coverage for you, etc. put those things down in that letter as well. I included one paragraph detailing these "other" forms of support that I can provide my husband.

Once again, I will say, that these are only suggestions as it is not required. But at the very least a letter from her explaining her situation and how she intends to support you is a must.
Note that in this case, the sponsor is on welfare and apparently has been for 2 years, so very different situation than normal.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Note that in this case, the sponsor is on welfare and apparently has been for 2 years, so very different situation than normal.
Oh, I see. That wasn't mentioned in the initial post. Yes, this is a different situation then. The sponsor must not be receiving social assistance in order to meet the sponsor requirements so I'm assuming they would have to go off this assistance before they can apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would really recommend you secure employment. It looks much better than arriving last year and stil both being
unemployed. Doesn't guarantee you will be refused but there is likely to be cobcern and perhaps a demand for more information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Would really recommend you secure employment. It looks much better than arriving last year and stil both being
unemployed. Doesn't guarantee you will be refused but there is likely to be cobcern and perhaps a demand for more information.
With family support, a plan, savings and employability, there is pretty much no chance of IRCC having concerns or this poster having to provide more financial information.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

I was wondering about (money) …

Just asking if my wife after this Corona-virus problems will not get a good job or she will not get a job … and her bank account is little balance …

She want to sponsor me but as I said her bank account is with little balance but I afraid they will refuse the sponsor application ….

My question here is:

If I send here money to her bank account to be around (basic annual income required) is that will be good or bad idea, I mean will the government consider it as her income??
The BC agricultural sector should be hiring lots of people:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-agriculture-industry-bracing-for-8-000-worker-shortfall-this-year-1.5588769

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
With family support, a plan, savings and employability, there is pretty much no chance of IRCC having concerns or this poster having to provide more financial information.
Seems like both partners have been in Canada since the Fall. There was no mention of parents sponsoring them financially, etc. just allowing them to stay at their home. I am just saying it is better to show that you're employed versus saying your're highlighly employable but haven't been working since the fall. There is also no mention about the level of savings so hard to comment.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Seems like both partners have been in Canada since the Fall. There was no mention of parents sponsoring them financially, etc. just allowing them to stay at their home. I am just saying it is better to show that you're employed versus saying your're highlighly employable but haven't been working since the fall. There is also no mention about the level of savings so hard to comment.
The PA has visitor status and can't work. The list in their post says that they have a letter from the parents providing financial support. They have also said in previous posts that they have finances in place.